Community City-State Master Mod (CCSMM)

ldvhl

ніщо
Hi all,

Thanks to help from Ulixes, I'm ready to release the Community City-State Master Mod (CCSMM). It'll prevent issues where city-state names are duplicated somewhere on major civ city lists. Also, city-states added by this mod are color-coded by their type.

Balance for numbers of civ types (Mercantile, Cultural, et. al.) is maintained, as are the numbers from regions (European, Asian, et. al.). Here's a complete list of city-states included in this mod, as requested:

Spoiler :

ORIGINAL CITY-STATE REGION TYPE REPLACEMENT
Bogota Native American Cultural Hovenweep
Bratislava Europe Cultural Conistorgis
Brussels Europe Cultural Si an Bhru
Bucharest Europe Cultural Burgstallkogel
Buenos Aires Native American Cultural Kin Kletso
Florence Europe Cultural Biskupin
Kabul Asia Cultural Ulug Depe
Kiev Europe Cultural San Marino
Kuala Lumpur Asia Cultural Mehrgarh
Kyzyl Asia Cultural Mahabalipuram
Milan Europe Cultural Podgorica
Monaco Europe Cultural Monaco
Prague Europe Cultural Solnitsata
Seoul Asia Cultural Aykudi
Vienna Europe Cultural Ubbumu
Warsaw Europe Cultural Mysia Horka
Yerevan Europe Cultural Talianki
Byblos Middle East Maritime Atlit Yam
Cape Town Middle East Maritime Djibouti
Copenhagen Europe Maritime Longyearbyen
Helsinki Europe Maritime El Argar
Jakarta Asia Maritime Yaren
Lisbon Europe Maritime Cypsela
Manila Asia Maritime Alofi
Mogadishu Middle East Maritime Libreville
Mombasa Middle East Maritime Freetown
Ormus Middle East Maritime Lome
Oslo Europe Maritime Saint Peter Port
Panama City Native American Maritime Teyuna
Quebec City Europe Maritime Alashiya
Ragusa Europe Maritime Skara Brae
Riga Europe Maritime Walraversijde
Rio de Janeiro Native American Maritime Paramaribo
Stockholm Europe Maritime Kourion
Sydney Europe Maritime Tybrind Vig
Ur Middle East Maritime Hajar Yahirr
Vancouver Europe Maritime Ajvide
Venice Europe Maritime Kastros
Wellington Europe Maritime Monkodonja
Antananarivo Middle East Mercantile Akwa Akpa
Antwerp Europe Mercantile Cospaia
Cahokia Native American Mercantile Paquime
Colombo Asia Mercantile Subashi
Genoa Europe Mercantile Phasis
Hong Kong Asia Mercantile Cadota
Malacca Asia Mercantile Gaochang
Marrakech Middle East Mercantile Chinguetti
Melbourne Europe Mercantile Gelonos
Samarkand Asia Mercantile Abaskun
Singapore Asia Mercantile Taxila
Tyre Middle East Mercantile Choga Mish
Vilnius Europe Mercantile Luxembourg
Zanzibar Middle East Mercantile Punt
Zurich Europe Mercantile Lichtenstein (Vaduz)
Almaty Asia Militaristic Rajapura
Belgrade Europe Militaristic Bocchoris
Budapest Europe Militaristic Gnatia
Dublin Europe Militaristic Hibera
Edinborough Europe Militaristic Dun Aonghasa
Hanoi Asia Militaristic Otrar
M’banza Kongo Middle East Militaristic Bayburt
Sidon Middle East Militaristic Takht-e Soleyman
Sofia Europe Militaristic Daorson
Valetta Europe Militaristic Armaz-Tsikhe
Geneva Europe Religious Ggantija
Ife Middle East Religious Nabta Playa
Jerusalem Middle East Religious Gobekli Tepe
Kathmandu Asia Religious Tarim
La Venta Native American Religious Chavin
Lhasa Asia Religious Kucha
Vatican City Europe Religious Vucedol
Wittenburg Europe Religious Karyes

I tested it solo and with a massive boatload of mods, including CSD, MM, and a hundred or so mod civs, so it should work with just about anything. However, I do recommend loading it as early as possible in your load order.

The file is attached to this post. Just unzip it to your mods folder.

Thanks all!

1.2 Update:
Spoiler :
Fixed the CS type for Alofi and Yaren (both are now Maritime).

Attachments

• Community City-State Master Mod (v 1.2).zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 420
Bugfix Update 1.1
  • Fixed a tag for city-state Longyearbyen

Glad someone else found this idea useful!

Some would definitely be a challenge, but what all would be needed?

Spoiler CSL2 Info :
For base CSL2, we would just a leader name and a piece of art to go along with it.

Optionally, I can also use titles (e.g., King, Duke, Governor), honorifics (e.g., the Great, the Terrible, the Impaler), and geographical place led (where different from the name of the citystate). Also, where applicable, the name of the artist responsible for the art.

For the Modern Flags version, the name of the modern country (or a smaller political subdivision, or tribe, etc. where necessary to prevent overlap). The full name of the country would be nice (e.g., "The Republic of...") as well as a shortened version, depending on whether it's being used with the compatible version of CSL2 or not.

I can do all of the art cropping if you like. If you would like to be responsible for maintaining it, then you can include the art and extra database entries with your mod, and it will just work whenever CSL2 is activated. Fictional City States - Comedy Movies is a proof-of-concept for this technique. Alternatively, I can just add your art to my separate mod support add-on pack.

If you'd rather not clutter up your thread with this discussion, feel free to PM me or open a new thread if you want to solicit other feedback as well.

I'l try to help & may i ask when is this coming out on steam?
.P.S. can i have a list of names already there so i dont make mistakes when looking for names.

Nah, here is fine. I tried a couple sample CSs and ones like Hovenweep are definitely impossible to find leader or flag info for, much less full country names, etc. That's kind of a side effect of going with obscure places that haven't been and likely won't be chosen to be civs.

Probably won't be on Steam ever. I can put a full list of city-states on the main post at some point this weekend.

First post updated updated with a list of city states set up for this mod.

Ok so the first city-states i found were.

Mombasa
A major cultural hub in Kenya and the African Great Lakes, Mombasa's proximity to Zanzibar, Nairobi and the Indian subcontinent, as well as its large shipping and maritime industries gives it a diverse mosaic of cultures. Music is a main feature of Mombasa's culture.

Pemba Island
Pemba is also famous for its rich fishing grounds. Between the island and the mainland there is the deep 50 kilometre wide Pemba channel, which is one of the most profitable fishing grounds for game fishing on the Swahili Coast.[9]

Quelimane
In the 16th century, the Portuguese founded a trading station at Quelimane, and until 1853 trade was forbidden to any other than Portuguese.[2] Sisal plantations were organized by German planters in the beginning of the 20th century. The town started to grow and attracted several communities from different backgrounds, including Muslims and Indians, and new infrastructure was built by the Portuguese authorities. Its busy port had tea, grown and processed in the district of Zambézia (particularly important in the region around Gurúè, former Vila Junqueiro), as its major export. Coconut was also produced and transformed in the city.[3] By 1970, Quelimane, Portuguese Mozambique, had 71,786 inhabitants.Quelimane was a seaport.

Pskov Republic
Pskov, known at various times as the Principality of Pskov (Russian: Псковское княжество, Pskovskoye knyazhestvo) or the Pskov Republic (Russian: Псковская Республика, Pskovskaya Respublika), was a medieval state on the south shore of Lake Pskov. The capital city, also named Pskov, was located at the southern end of the Peipus–Pskov Lake system at the southeast corner of Ugandi, about 150 miles (240 km) southwest of Nevanlinna, and 100 miles (160 km) west-southwest of Great Novgorod. It was originally known as Pleskov, and is now roughly equivalent geographically to the Pskov Oblast of Russia. It was a principality ca. 862–1230, after which it was joined to the Novgorod Republic. From 1348, Pleskov became again independent from Novgorod and established an aristocratic oligarchy.

Tlacopan
Founded by Tlacomatzin, Tlacopan was a Tepanec kingdom subordinate to nearby Azcapotzalco.

Tlacopan sided with Tenochtitlan and Texcoco in their conquest of Azcapotzalco, becoming a member of the Triple Alliance which formed the nucleus of the Aztec Empire.[1]:xxxviii The ruler of Tlacopan, Totoquihuaztli, then took the title Tepaneca tecuhtli, "Lord of the Tepanecs" (probably taken from the rulers of Azcapotzalco). Tlacopan was to remain a junior partner in the alliance, receiving only a fifth of the tribute gained from joint campaigns with its more powerful allies.

The Triple Alliance ended with the Spanish conquest of Mexico by Hernán Cortés and native allies in 1521. Over the centuries, Mexico City expanded to include the former site of Tlacopan, today's neighborhood of Tacuba in the Mexico City borough of Miguel Hidalgo.
(May i request fictional city-states.)

Mombasa should have been replaced with Freetown. Pemba Island isn't one of CCSMM's city-states. Neither are Pskov nor Tlacopan. Do you have mods that add city-states? Any chance you could post your logs?

Mombasa should have been replaced with Freetown. Pemba Island isn't one of CCSMM's city-states. Neither are Pskov nor Tlacopan. Do you have mods that add city-states? Any chance you could post your logs?

I'd thought was adding new city-states?
I thought you were asking me to find new city-states names to add for your mod.
You know, city-states that do exist or have existed in history.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, kerrigan. I've already got a full list of city-states for replacements. Thanks for the offer of help though!

With the permission of our beloved Sukritakt, I'm going to be taking over More Mercantile. Since acronyms are awesome, the new version will be called CCSMM/MMR (Community City-State Master Mod/More Mercantile Redux). Yup.

My goal for the revamped version is to have a unique luxury resource for each mercantile city-state, giving players a reason to compete for each mercantile city state, rather than just staking out a few and letting others have the duplicate luxury CSs.

As is, the standard game allows for a total of 15 mercantile CSs in a game, meaning we need 13 total mod luxuries for Mercantile CSs (the base game has two already: jewelry and porcelain).

Here's my proposed list of luxuries (some of which made a prior appearance in MM):

Glass
Furniture
Cigars
Kopi Luwak
Ice Wine
Henna
Orchids
Kratom
Quetzal
Tapestries
Foie Gras
Pomeranians
Shea Butter

Does anybody else have ideas?

...anybody?

How about:

Caviar,
Soap,
Perfume,
Pottery (or Earthenware),
Silverware,
Paintings,
Sculpture,
Musical Instruments,
Fabric (Linen? Satin? Velvet? Cashmere? Velour?),
Footwear (from sandals to designer shoes),
Timepieces (works for everything from sundials, hourglasses, water clocks, up to Rolex watches)

Top Bottom