The Inuit by Dumanios

Dumanios

MLG
The Inuit were requested by dacubz145, and are a Native American group that live mostly in northern Canada, but also in Alaska and Greenland. There is a very serious lack of Inuit units. At first, they are the Inuit, before having Canadian units.

Units:

Spoiler :
Row 1: Settler, Worker, Scout, Explorer, Spy, Qimuksiit
Row 2: Swordsman, Axeman, Maceman, Spearman, Pikeman, Musketman
Row 3: Rifleman, Grenadier, AT Infantry, SAM Infantry, MArine, Paratrooper
Row 4: Mech. Infantry, Archer, Longbowman, Crossbowman, Chariot, Horseman
Row 5: Knight, Cuirassier, Cavalry, War Elephant, Tank, Modern Armour
Row 6: Mobile Artillery, Galley, Trireme, Caravel, Galleon, Frigate
Bottom: SotL, Destroyer, Jet Fighter

Industrial-onward Settler, Worker, and Spy.

Leaders:

Aua

and Nakasuk.

UU:

and UB:

(Note: It does have it's old graphics, but in this pic I forgot to set them as such. It's fine in the download though.)

Rule the north here!

Credits:
Spoiler :
Explorer, Kayak, Axeman, Spearman, Archer, and Longbowman: from Realism Invictus

Jet Fighter and Cavalry: The Canada Mod

Maceman, Crossbowman, Horseman, War Mammoth: Illian units from Fall from Heaven

Galleon, Frigate, SotL: JustaTourist's French ships

Pikeman, Musketman, Knight, Cuirassier: Melcher kurzer's Tehuelche units

Anti-Tank, Marine, Paratrooper: Zerver's Modern Canadians

SAM Infantry: Varietas Delactate

Caravel and Trireme: Chuggi's Mesoamerican Caravel and Trireme

Modern Armour: Earth 2010 mod

Mobile Artillery: Snafusmith

Rifleman: StrategyOnly's Britain(Who made the unit?)(Unable to DL StrategyOnly's civ anymore.)

Grenadier: Walter Hawkwood's British Grenadier

Superb. I like to see the new civs created by modders.
Just a lil' comment regarding the balance, here are my thoughts (but that's not really important):

1) Perhaps change the tech position of the igloo to something earlier as the ancient techs. Perhaps the earliest possible as it is not necessary to know Metal Casting to produce Igloos. I don't know yet what are the initial techs of the Inuits, but if Hunting, that could be the location for igloos as ancient times igloo much probably did exist and was made thanks to bone tools (hence hunting).

2) As it is now, the inuit form of forge isn't particularly interesting although in a normal BTS game, forges are one of those buildings you almost always want. Perhaps something stronger than just the health bonus like an additional production bonus like 35% instead of 25%. Then, the igloo would be neat. Of course, it makes few sense why the igloo is more productive than a forge, thus perhaps something else. Initially, I thought the igloo would be better as a replacement of the granary giving 60% food stock after pop growth, which would help the inuits in rough lands of arctic. Anyways, just suggestions.

Nice work. :)

Update for the Inuit

1. The Inuit Igloo now replaces the Granary, and gives a +1 health bonus for seafood resources in addition to grains
  2. New graphics for Settler, Worker, Scout, and Spy, from CoffeeJunkie's Ethnicae. The Qimuksiit Scout units also use the Native Scout graphics (pic in OP taken before I made that change)
  3. New Late-era graphics for Settler, Worker, and Spy, made by Sparth for Caveman2Cosmos
  4. Added Cavalry graphics from the Canada mod
  5. Added Rifleman and Grenadier graphics from my Canada
  6. Added Canadian Valentine as Tank graphics, I'm pretty sure I found it in Travel Through Time - Modern Alliances
  7. Added diplomusic for the Inuit by Cybrxkhan (only one song)

Inuit Updated

1. Fixed a pair of city names that were appearing as XML tags.
  2. Changed the Rifleman, Grenadier, Anti-Tank Infantry, Marine, Paratrooper, Mechanized Infantry, and Destroyer to match the updates done to Canada.

Top Bottom