stMinionNES2: Because it's tight like that

Allemanni Orders:
-finish wonder
-attack the evil Vandals with my superior iron weapons´
-grow army

OOC: No time for a story again :(. but i hope you understand that four days village fair have priority :).

OOC: Quickly, update! Update! By the way, maybe instead of penalizing the story-less, you could give bonuses to those with stories (based on the stories), occasionaly?

Oh, and can I repeat the question whether negotiations with Bactria are possible? If I can, then:
Can I negotiate with Bactria?

Quick Orders. story may be edited in.

Orders:
Increase Education by building small temples in the bigger new villages. This new education should help the efficeny of the peasant farmer by making him smarter
Work on Wonder
Army is to expand only into unocupied lands, if any peoples are meant invite them into the Shang Empire but do not force them.

GUYS I'M NOT PENALIZING YOU IF YOU DON'T HAVE STORIES :lol:

Update today sometime for sure.

are you trying to say your not going to penalize u for not writing stories?

what a novel idea... ;)

and cool, i wanna see an update for your NES :) I really enjoy playing it :)

Xen said:
and cool, i wanna see an update for your NES :) I really enjoy playing it :)

Hear, hear, your's is one of the best, and, well, only story NESes out there. Keep it up! Not that I'm surprised that Xen really enjoys playing it. He's winning so much it hurts... Why can't he have a horde of Barbarians crash down on him from both sides?... J/K ;)

I personally think aaminion00 is just giving him the glory of Rome that he wanted, then like the empire itself, shall one day come crashing down.;)

Now me, I hafta WORK for my land.;)

:joke:

Eh, Minoa is a great power, all the sea routes lead to Knossos. I agree with Amenhotep7, it is the local Rome, to eventually crumble, being overstretched and polluted by uberhypersuperinflation, allowing the barbarians to pour in.

except unlike Rome, Minoa isnt a slave based economy, and is actually spurred on by rade and economic activities- it just happens I've been smart enough to develop a kick ass military along side it ;)

somthing everyone in my NES should take note of ;)

thatt, and the fact its never a good thing to critiscize your moderator for another NES's nation :p

That is true. As is the fact that one day, all of your neighbors may get tired of your raids, unite, and kick your Minoan ass. I hope it comes soon - it will be one hell of a war.

thats the thing- I have been making a great deal of allainces throughout the game- Portugal, Almohads, Thrace, Egypt, Hittites- what was Dacia...- all i can count on as my allies :p

Allies can turn against you, tho.;)

the Hitties and I have been allies since day 1- I've just helped the Egytians win a war which if they had lost, would have destroeyed thier kingdom- I created the thracians and Dacians[/b], and I'm helping to portugese subdue the Iberian tribes...

I help my do for my allies what I would expect them to do for me- and it has never worked agianst me- mainlly because, like me, people like being treated fairlly, and having favours done for them- and so are willing to scratch your back in your time of need- if only the real worked that way on a larger basis :undecide:

Stop the bickering people -.-

Well I was going to finish the update yesterday but then the forums went down, and my computer was ****ed this morning, so it will have to come later..

But it will come!

this is bordline hybrid. This is good NES, still a story.

Update 19 - 1200 B.C.

The great wars of Northeast Africa fade into the history books, as the victors manage the spoils as they see fit. Minoa continues along as one of the mightiest empire in the world. Lanteen sails are developed at this time, and Minoan ships sail farther than any others before them. In the lands of Kush, a new nation is made. Named 'Minoa-Kush', it has something resembling it's own goverment, but in reality is something of a Minoan puppet state. The Minoan emperor himself however, has stated that this will only last shortly. The populce itself doesn't complain much, because the country is doing fairly well under Minoan rule.

The Ku****e grain fields, run now by the efficient methods of the Minoans now prosper. The small remains of the Ku****e army are drilled to the standards of the minoans. However, all this progress comes to a stirring halt in 1202 b.c. As half the country remained unconquered, a barbarian leader by the name of Isman attacks Minoa-Ku****e territory. Envious of the rich fields of his civilized cousins his armies, numbering several hundred, purge into the land and split it in two, reaching even the ocean.

Back in Minoa, conquests against the barbarians around them continue. The crumbling remains of dacia are completely conquered, and soon Illyria falls as well. In a twist of fate, the fall of the Crusader Kingdom of the Gauls reslts in dozens of key tribes swearing allegiance to Knossos. Minoa is now the largest state in the world.

In East Persia, Assyrian and Persian forces reign victorious against the Bactrians. Using the same tactics as before, the Bactrians are kicked out of Persia completely after two centuries of occupation. The Bactrians flee North on their horses, in Persia never to be heard from again. The Assyrians at this point turn back, but the Persians have other plans. They attempt to launch a counteroffensive into old Bactria. As it turns out, there is nothing left of that kingdom but the name. It has been overrun by dozens of Aryan clans. Deciding to not risk getting into any bigger of a mess, the Persian geneerals turn the armies South and conquer free unoccupied lands.

The Assyrians meanwhile, have not completely left the scen. The local general had snet a spy into the Aryan lands. After living thirty years among the Aryans and having been presumed dead at the court in Ashur, he arrives in Ectabana in 1256 b.c.e. His account is of utmost importance to the King. The Aryans, he explains, are not a nomadic peoples, but they are not civilized either. Their largest cities are but small towns in Persia and Assyria, as they have burned the old cities of Delhi, Harappa, and Bactria, to the ground. They live in clans, who alone are very weak. However, they occasionally function as something of a whole united nation, when the clans all attack some common goal in hope for expansion. Such is the case with the lands called India now.

India, he explains, is a very rich land, and the Aryans find it's rich farm and grazing lands attractive. The clans there, on that side of the Hindus, have united somewhat in a common goal of conquering the Dravidian lands. Although highly independent, the Aryans as a people are very bloodthirsty and think very lowly of the Dravidians. As for the Persians and Assyrians, the spy said the Aryans are of little concern to them. The only lands of Persia and Assyria that the Aryans know of, are not very favorable compared to what they see in India. And with that the messanger left.

Meanwhile, in India itself, war raged. The Dravidian states, seeing the fall of Delhi, had almost all united in a common front against the Aryan menace. With troops numbering in the several thousands they waited at the borders for the barbarian assault. The Aryans struck first, with various effect. The first assault on Suparaka proved completely futile. The great fortifications of the Suparakans hold back the first tide of Aryan forces easily, inflicting many deaths upon the invaders. Farther North however, things don't go so well. The Aryans cut into the thin strip of the Calicutan empire along the Ganges and divide part of it from Calicut. The Calicutans have their turn as well though. 3000 Dravidian forces pour across the ancient border into "Delhi". The Aryan clans in the area are decimated and the Calicuants make considerable progress before a glaring weakness becomes apparent: the lack of roads in Calicut. The difficulty of supplies getting to the front lines due to this stops the Dravidian advance from going any further.

In Egypt, many of the uprisings by the Ethiopes are quelled peacefullly. However diplomacy doens't always work. Fortunatly for the Egyptians, the latest heir to the Pharaoh's throne is more than capable of a commander. His name is Rameses II, and he destroys all orginized rebellions by the Ethiopes. After his victories, his father works on improving the conditions of the conquered peoples. The elder Rameses dies a few years later and the throne is given to Rameses the second. Many advise the new pharaoh to build roads to the South, as without those communication is difficult between Egypt and the Ethiopian provinces, increasing risk of rebellion.

Meanwhile, across the Suez iand Imperia, in Haifa, capital of Judea, a man named Moses begins preaching to the Jews saying that they have gone wrong from the message of god.

In far eastern Asia, the Japanese military barracks in Tokyo are completed, and the numbers and quality of the Japanese army is greatly increased. But that is hardly the most important news in the region. Spurred by ambitious emperors, the Hokkaido people of the North have launched an attack across the sea on Choson! Within a decade the Hokkaido have overrun much of the country.

Casualties: 200 Choson, 100 Hokkaido

After completion of the council of the tribes, many prominent tribes in the region rush to join Allemannia! The lands under control by the Allemanni chiefatin more than a double. With that and his rapidly increasing military, the Allemanni attack the Vandals. Initial progress is easy enough, although no major battles have been thought yet.

Casualties: 100 Allemanni, 300 Vandals

The farms of the Shang people grow very advanced due to increased education of the peasentry by the emperor's goverment. With a higher education, many small towns spring among what were previously merely clusters of villages.

In China the wars against the Tartars continue. Much progress is made, as the uncivilized Tartars fall back against the superior organization of the Chinese armies. Chinese attempts to equip it's armies with the tartar steeds prove futile. For one thing obtaining these horses is very difficult, and when done it has turned out that the Tartar horsemen are not raised to the Chinese style of fighting. Many of the warhorses cannot reproduce as well. However, there is good news for China. An explorer has come back to the emperor's court from the wilderness, claiming that there are a people to the West who have even better horses than the Tartars themselves.

The loaction of the horses is marked with a red X on the map

Diplomacy

From Nabatea
To Egypt

The merchant state of Nabatea is always willing to led Egyptian traders enter it's land, as long as it swears to protect us in case of foreign agression.

From Vandals
To Allemanni

Sheize

Trade

Assyria: to Persia [3/3]
China: to Japan [2/3], to Shang [2/3]
Japan: to China [2/3]
Minoa: to Hatti [3/3], to Egypt [3/3]
Thrace: to Dacia [3/3]

OOC: Nothing critical. Good job for following the rules completely. Das, yes you have reached your wonder limit and you can't really negotiate with the Aryans.

The World - 1200 B.C.

Attachments

• -map-.gif
    -map-.gif
    88.4 KB · Views: 124
To Assyria
From Persia

Well... What do we do now? Should we build some common wall to block off the Aryans? But this would prevent our expansion beyond those walls...

Top Bottom