Create units with OpenFX

There are two ways for a photon torpedo attack.

For the federation I'm using a blue (civ color specific) model of a photon torpedo and move them with a move animation form the topedo launcher to the target, where it explodes in a fireball post production.

For the Klingon ship I'm using a light, which is moving from the topedo launcher to the target, then it stops and expand as an explosion. The light is connected to a fireball post production.

I just made the run.flic for theMranda class CL. What do you think about it?

Adler

Attachments

• mirrune.gif
    mirrune.gif
    115.3 KB · Views: 338
hmm, like I said, it looks a bit weird in game...like it's growing or something :(
Oh, and I think it's a bit small, looks like it's the size of Morpheus' Defiant Class, but it should be slightly bigger, as the Defiant got a length of 120m, and the Miranda 243m

TheMorpheus said:
I have added a new chapter to the tutorial (The cloak animation) :mischief:
Cloaking animations can be done in 1 minute in paint shop pro or Photo shop using alpha blend colors in color replacers.

Okay here is my victory flc. I do not have time at the very moment to test it. What do you think about it? the points swarming around the ship shall be fireworks.

Adler

Attachments

• mirvic.gif
    mirvic.gif
    115.8 KB · Views: 321
Heh, you are creative, I didn't even got the pyro postpro to work...
Now, that looks a bit like a run animation (stars moving backwards) ;)
I think it would be more clearly if the fireworks would like the ones in the postpro demo, one light exploding to many lights at a certain distance. :)

Top Bottom