IRRIGATION GRAPHIC: Very Small Buildings

A Viking Yeti

Carnal Leviathan
Although the other irrigation graphic with small buildings (who's author I can't recall off the top of my head) was good, I felt that the size and detail made it somewhat intrusive and era specific for my tastes. This irrigation graphic is an edited version of the irrigation that came with DYP, so credit goes to PDescobar I suppose... Now that I think of it, I hope he doesn't mind me using them. Oh well...

Download and in-game preview below; the building size and density grows with the more irrigated tiles it's connected to (the building color and style also changes with the type of tile that's irrigated). I also added a bit more water, but I'm not sure that's noticable. Questions, comments, and even complaints are welcome...

NOTE: Irrigation graphics will appear in grayscale if viewed in the editor. This (to the best of my knowledge) doesn't happen in-game, and I'm not sure how to change it.

Attachments

• irrigation_preview.jpg
    irrigation_preview.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,585
  • Irrigation.zip
    137.1 KB · Views: 422
TO jzsf & unscratchedfoot: Thanks, I was kinda going for more of a rural country look... Maybe I should add roads someday.

TO Gogf: I always thought they looked good, but you're the modder... You should at least release them here (when you get the chance). I'm sure people would like them...

A Viking Yeti said:
TO Gogf: I always thought they looked good, but you're the modder... You should at least release them here (when you get the chance). I'm sure people would like them...

Okay, I'll try to get them up during that one week stretch. Meanwhile, I'm going to look through the CFC server (:eek:), and see if I can find the previews I uploaded to show you...

EDIT: Here's one...

IMO it's just too sharp... Well, I guess I'll just really have to see how it looks in the mod.

TO spirithiker: No problem, the default Civ 3 irrigation was very plain, and although the one I edited looked very good to begin with, IMO, what's the point of growing crops with no one there to harvest? :)

TO Gogf: I like the foamy look, but I think the .gif made it look a bit grainy... I look forward to try your new mod, too.

Top Bottom