Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Abstain, poll unclear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noldodan

2 years of waiting...
Due to heated discussion in Part 1, I now post this poll. The problem is this: some want the action of chat stoppage to require a certain %age of the votes of the active citizenry at the chat to stop it, while others wish for this action to require a majority vote of Citizens at the chat to stop it, but a certain %age of the active ctizenry would have to be there for it to be binding. If you don't really understand these options, see page 2 of discussion here. This poll will be open for 4 days (if a mod could make that official by changing the poll options, that would be great).

Another bad poll, Noldodan. First off, the poll question. "Which one?". Which one what? That is not a poll question. You need to ask a specific question of the people with easy to understand options. Speaking of options, you blew them also. Well the first option is easy to understand, but in the narrative paragraph above, you wrote a confusing explanation (one that could be taken several ways). The second option has attached to it "with a quorum". What quorum? This deep into the discussion, I have no idea what you want this "quorum" to be. Plus in your narrative paragraph above, you post that one of the options (the one wanting a certain percentage of the citizenry in votes to stop the chat) requiring a certain number of citizeens at the Chat. This is useless and confusing information. Put down the hash pipe and pay attention to the discussion.

I call for this poll to be closed before it gets any further. I wil post a relevant poll if necessary. Do not vote in this poll.

Thank you, Epimethius, but I was well aware of what a quorum was before this day. What number is he referring to for a quorum? Wouldn't the very first part of the option sentance take care of a quorum in that regard? If he's already getting a certain percentage of the people at the Chat, why does he need a quorum?

But thank you for that timely information. :rolleyes:

Well, if you have a better way to phrase it, go right ahead. I guess I've never been to good at that... In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm not. If you would care to phrase the issue for me in a better way, I'll probably use your phrasing. Like I said, I'm pretty bad at doing that.

OK, let's close this poll and I'll post another one. It will look like this:

Poll Question - In halting a Turn Chat prior to turn 10, what should be required to represent the Will of the People?

1. A certain percentage of the Demogame citizenry

2. A certain percentage of the people at the chat

The Narative Paragraph:
This poll is designed to help us determine what kind of parameters are to be used when a vote has been called to halt a chat. In this *link*discussion*link* these two options are hotly debated. Should a certain percentage of the total citizenry be used to represent the will of the people, or should a certain percentage of the people at the chat be used to represent the will of the people. This poll does not include any kind of sliding scale for option #2, such as if "X" amount of people are at the chat, then "X" amount of votes are required. This poll will remain open for 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom