Artic Tank

Mr. Will

Mister
Spart's and my first unit, the Artic Tank!
I'm trying to figure out how to do a hihger quality preview than I can do with Flc2Gif, so I'll post that later. I'll also post updated civilopedia icons as mine aren't too good. Anyway, here she is.
Check out the death animation - I hadn't learned explosions yet... :rolleyes:

Model by Spart, skeleton and animation by me, Mr. Will.

Attachments

• Artic_Tank.zip
    275.1 KB · Views: 865
Here is the model for the Artic Tank...It's an ok model that took me a hour to create. It is only my first one so it's not the greatest. Look out for my Generic Mech coming out in a few days and after that a Night Tank(Clever name :rolleyes: ?) Thanks to everyone that posted in the Open FX thread it helped me out and Muffins for the skeletons stuff.
-Spart

Attachments

• Artic_Tank_Model.zip
    26 KB · Views: 411
Thank you sir. By the way, could you tell me what I did wrong with my pedia icons? Also, could you run through the preview thing again, Apple and I didn't get it.

I don't see anything wrong with your pedia-pics. If you take the pedia pic in animator (instead of copying a flic frame) you can zoom in and get to show off your model more ... like below :)

As for the previews, just open a flic in Animation Shop (it should come with Paint Shop Pro). Select a range of frames, copy and paste them as a new animation (ctrl-c then ctrl-v) and then save it as a gif.

sorry, sorry, sorry ...

I was wrong about the pedia pics :rolleyes:

I've always said that the last colour in the palette had to be magenta/pink, and the next-to-last one had to be green ... until I got 'corrected' by a person of more experience than me a week ago who claimed that you only needed the magenta/pink.

... well, I tried it that way and it turns out that you do need the green afterall :rolleyes:

There's a zip with a pair of working pedia pics below so that you can see what I mean :goodjob:

The person who ***coughs*** 'corrected' me will go un-named :mischief:

Love the Death anim. :lol:
Great job for your first unit Spart and Mr. Will. :thumbsup:

muffins said:
... well, I tried it that way and it turns out that you do need the green afterall :rolleyes: ...
Actually the colour doesn't matter at all, you can make them both pink if you want. :) Just make it so that the last two (first two in Photoshop, btw) colours isn't used in the pic.
It's easy when you know it. :lol: :crazyeye:

BTW my first thread here was a question about the transparency, couldn't get it to work on my pollution gfx... :)

@Dom - Actually, it started as the arctic tank, but someone told me I was spelling it wrong... :lol:
Thanks muffins.

If anyone wants any variants, just ask.

i wonder if you got like 3 guys to jump on the back of that thing, if you could tip it :D

muffins said:
sorry, sorry, sorry ...

I was wrong about the pedia pics :rolleyes:

I've always said that the last colour in the palette had to be magenta/pink, and the next-to-last one had to be green ... until I got 'corrected' by a person of more experience than me a week ago who claimed that you only needed the magenta/pink.

... well, I tried it that way and it turns out that you do need the green afterall :rolleyes:

There's a zip with a pair of working pedia pics below so that you can see what I mean :goodjob:

The person who ***coughs*** 'corrected' me will go un-named :mischief:

*hack* *cough* *Hack* *hairball*

The last two entries must be a color (or colors, if you prefer) that does not match any of the other colors in the picture.... or they will appear transparent.

The arctic tank is the Muff tank killer. I just finished two varients of the Generic Mech....the ChainGun version and Missile Version....I expect the Generic Mech pack will be out in less than a week or eariler if Mr.Will decides to animate them now...
The arctic tank model had a little more details but they were deleted by accident while being animated. I will make a varient of the Tank if someone wants me to.

Top Bottom