New Unit: High Elf Swordmaster (25-Jul-2004)

embryodead

Caliph
First Post!!! Great job on the unit. It goes right with my Elf civ. Keep working on the Mod!! Can't wait till that comes out either. :goodjob:

Amazing work. Can't wait for the new version of your mod ED!

Most Excellent

I too have been eagerly awaiting the new version... It's the one thing that will get me actually playing the game again :D

*checks the date of when the thread as created*

Ah, so I can say this "new" unit's looking good without looking foolish- hurrah!

Crap! Utter crap! I can't belive it is the 25th Already! Thats Utter Crap!

Oh, the Swordsmater is expidaticously awesome.

i cant believe its the 25th too...

school in a month+

btw... isnt that attack "swings" the same as the scottish swordsman? ;)

Excellent Unit I have been Looking for an upgrade for my high elf swordsman and this do nicely good work. :goodjob:

Awesome unit! This guys' going in my Final Fantasy mod as a "Swordmaster," but not an elvaan one. That way I can use the current Swordmaster unit graphics (Shogun from the Sengoku Conquest) as the Bastok Samurai (The Shogun DOES look like the Final Fantasy IX human samurai). Excellent work as always, and I look forward to more of your warhammer units being released. :king:

Mr. Do said:
*checks the date of when the thread as created*

Ah, so I can say this "new" unit's looking good without looking foolish- hurrah!
:lol:
Well, you have been playing with this one for months too. ;)

embryodead said:
@nameless53
Well it's how you fight with 2-handed sword, so it's not purely coincidental
Well, that's one of the wys you can use 2-handed sword, but you should note that swinging a heavy blade sideways like that would leave you open for a counter attack from a quicker foe.

Another fighting technique would call for the use of one hand on the pommel and the other on the blade, right in front of the quillions where the blade is not sharpened. Then, the pommel hand would be held above the other, so that the blade would point downwards, making it easier to block attacks and make recoveries from attacks quicker as well. A famous, and rather efficient, attack from such a position is one where the fighter quickly raises the sword level with his eyes, pointing it straight at the enemy and then pushing it forward, piercing the enemy's forehead (and any helmet).

There are a lot of period pictures of such fighting tehniques with two-handed and bastard swords, but I, of course, could not find any for this message...

And to close: Excellent unit, with a capital E!

Top Bottom