Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how to anti-alias an avatar? Because when you make a background of an avatar transparent, the edges of the picture are a bit rough sometimes.

@nonconformist - here's a "cleaned up" version of the avatar you chose (sometimes I'm a perfectionist;) )

As for antialiasing, I set the "feather" to 1 pixel inside, however, this doesn't really work if I'm going to be saving as .gif (since something's either transparent or not) so I use the "blend with background colour" on gifs. I usually choose a plain grey since I assume the majority of people use the default skin ;)
However, using the png format allows you to have "partial transparency" which will have a nice clean anti-aliased effect on all skin colours.
here's a quick demo of a black square with a VERY high inside-outside(aka "both") feather.
first is a gif using the blend with background method, looks ok with default skin, but any other skin and it would be very noticalbe

Now here's a png, it would look good with any skin :) try switching your skin to see the effect

@ misfit - that was actually a "oops wrong button" moment ;) All I did was "one step photo fix" in PSP and it did that, and I liked it :)

Yuri2356 said:
Guess I should ask for help with my haloween Avatar. I'd Like Yuri to look a bit more demonic in this pic. Probably engulfed in colourfull flames, or darkened in colour. Nothing stupid or Cheesey like horns though.

What is Yuri from? an original pic of him would be helpful.
Edit:
Current Yuri Pasted over somthing called Hell Planet

Great, I think I'll save all of these for future use! Especialy the dominator. :evil:

Edit: Oh, and if anyone else wants to help me, here's a link to the RA2 Website: Clickey.

here's an attampt, first is just the three images, second is with the middle layer parially transparent.

EDIT: @ yuri - all I get is some html mumbojumbo when I click on the link :confused:

as i am about to reach 2000 posts!!!! (well, fairly soon anyway) i was wondering if anyone could make me an avatar comemerating the ocassion? currently i'm thinking something with some rasing a flag that says 2000 posts on it, here's my current idea, but feel free to create an entirely new image

Attachments

• 2000 posts.jpg
    2000 posts.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 505
NO, I haven't been ignoring this thread, I've just been VERY busy the past two days! What have I been doing? Glad you asked.

When this new thread was started I realized that there would be a lot of "bouncing" between the two threads to see "everything". So with the help of my hubby (he's the greatest!) I set up a webpage that has put all this information in one place!

Everything is still linked in the first post, but the links now take you to the website! Where you can look at most of the information contained in these two threads.

Each "Creator" willing to help with avatar's has their own page now. As do each of the "Collections" submitted by so many.

I hope this website will help "pull everything together" so that there is no longer a need to "browse" through the 2000+ posts in these threads.

Now a couple notes...

If you are a "creator" who has already "submitted" work to show you are willing to help, don't panic, your work is still "around" :) I just moved it to the website! Please check out the "Meet the Creator's" and visit your page. And let me know if you'd like to change anything on it.

If you are a "creator" who hasn't already "submitted" work to show you are willing to help, don't panic, you still can! :thumbsup: What you need to do is PM me or post here several "examples" of your work, as well as a little about you. And I will get it added to the webpage!

If you are wondering where the heck all the collection links went, well, it was a LOT easier to just link once to the webpage. Be assured that they are all still intact!

This thread will still work the same as it always has, but now when a collection is posted, or a "new" creator "appears" it will be copied and linked to the website for easier browsing!

So keep up the good work everyone! And thanks for all your time helping make these threads as popular as they are, couldn't have done it without y'all!

So without further ado I give you

Lyonesse's Avatar Help Pages

comments welcome :)

:eek: Nice webpage! The only problem: I can't find the post with all of my stuff in the other thread.

Once I do, I'll submit the VP ones as a collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom