Temple Dogs (19-Oct-2004)

embryodead

Caliph
The release date isn't really accurate as these units were released in Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.0, but I forgot to post them separately to the public.

There are three colour varations (stone/granite/jade), all being the stone statues that guard Cathayan and Nipponese temples. Should probably have more asian feel, but I think Gargoyle Hound model from Daz3D did the job... Sounds and icons included (note that sounds are in Temple Dog folder only, other dogs link to this folder).

Download:
temple_dogs.zip (1,19 MB)

Attachments

• TempleDogz.gif
    TempleDogz.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 3,325
As the owner of a dog, I feel justified in saying, that that is not a dog.

Perhaps I will have to play this "Warhammer 40" mod... They have this "Games and Toys" store in my town, run by Gimli the dwarf and frequented by many fat kids believing they are related to vampire hobbits. Perhaps that is why their mothers seem so eager to drop them off there for hours each day. Always sprawled out on the table is a giant three-dimensional map upon which, if I am not mistaken, said obeseties play Warhammer 40. It is a strange and magical place, where superfluous social customs like speech and not drinking mountain dew are almost entirely abandoned. A place where wealth is measured by the possession of painted metal figurines and illustrated playing cards, and where dominant males flaunt their power over subordinates by assimilating their trinkets. It is a place I have rarely frequented, but if I can have giant stone 'canines' attack halberd-wielding mummies in the sanctity of my own home, I may have to check it out.

I've already seen these in the mod... These are wonderful, and your mod is the only thing keeping me playing civ 3 :D

Bungus said:
Perhaps I will have to play this "Warhammer 40" mod... They have this "Games and Toys" store in my town, run by Gimli the dwarf and frequented by many fat kids believing they are related to vampire hobbits. Perhaps that is why their mothers seem so eager to drop them off there for hours each day. Always sprawled out on the table is a giant three-dimensional map upon which, if I am not mistaken, said obeseties play Warhammer 40. It is a strange and magical place, where superfluous social customs like speech and not drinking mountain dew are almost entirely abandoned. A place where wealth is measured by the possession of painted metal figurines and illustrated playing cards, and where dominant males flaunt their power over subordinates by assimilating their trinkets. It is a place I have rarely frequented, but if I can have giant stone 'canines' attack halberd-wielding mummies in the sanctity of my own home, I may have to check it out.
Bungus, this is classic!

Yes, they generally are mellow, which is a good thing, (except my former Rottweiler who was a overdefensive control freak) but I think you must admit that they don't look so mellow.

Again, compared to me they do :lol:
[/endthreadjack]

It's needless to say, that the temple dog (and all variations of them included in WH2.0)
is a beautiful unit - both modelling and animating of it. :thumbsup:

Very nice. They sort of look like the Lycans in Underworld. I think I already robbed your mod of these. :satan:

I just realised something rather silly- despite the fact I've been playing with this unit in the game for almost a year now, this is the first time I've seen the dogs' run animation, since I never play with it on anyway. He looks funny jogging on the spot in the preview!

Maybe I can use this in my animal mod... or maybe not, I am not sure if I can get away with calling that a dog, although if it were based on a real mythological creature of some kind I could use it then. So I would need it to be either more dog-like or more gargoyle like.... although the unit isn't made for me obviously so it's not really up to me.

Anyways, this is a very well rendered, textured, and animated unit through and through.
Good job! :goodjob:

Wow!
It's exactly what I need

nice
but i dont know what im gonna do with it...
i'll find something good eventually

I have a question for you Embryodead!!! Can you, plz, make more version of this dog but in different colour, like dark red or funny pink! That should be great invading enemys with an army of pink granite dogs! :lol:

it it wa smore dark grey, it would look more liek the big grey gargoyle hound beasts from Ghost busters :thumbsup:

Top Bottom