Animal Resources

RedAlert

Love one another
Here are my first resources: Nine wild animals. They are, in order, pandas, elephants, rhinos, wolves, camels, jaguars, tigers, bears, and guerillas. Comes complete with civilopedia icons.

Attachments

• Animal Resources by RedAlert.zip
    71 KB · Views: 741
And a preview:

Attachments

• animal resources.PNG
    animal resources.PNG
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,140
With all due deference to DP II, I would have to disagree with him on this one. I tried the camel and he looks fantastic in-game on my desert terrain. Perhaps he would not show up as well on other desert terrains, but he shows up fine on the one I use.

Is there a tutorial out there showing how to take photographs of animals, plants, or other objects and overlay them on the magenta background? I have microsoft photo editor, but I can't figure out how to use it correctly. And as utahjazz7 says, "give a man a tutorial ..." If I could make my own, I wouldn't pester others nearly as much.

Perspective is not good. They have to look thicker and more 3D-like, more cartooney (like DPII said). I assume these are from the tubes of Paint Shop Pro 7+ (I guess 7 had the animal tubes, but I'm pretty sure 8 and 9 have).

Do your own stuff in 3D I'd say, or do as I do; redraw them at the scale of a resource with your mouse/wacom tablet/whatever. So you won't get any perspective errors.

These resources would not go good with others that are currently present in the game.

You are right, I agree. They don't exactly fit in with the original resources. And yes, these are from the picture tubes of psp. Actually I saw these while working in that program and just decided I wanted to make resources out of them. And they aren't perfect, no. But I'm happy at the results none the less.
But anyway, if at least one person likes at least one of these and can find a use for them, then my work has payed off.

SpincurS what is the "wacom tablet" and where can I get it? There are several things I would like to do myself.

RedAlert: There are several of these I will use, Thanks

Fixer07: A wacom tablet is a tool you can alternate for a mouse in order to draw in programs like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Corel Painter... The smallest and most amateur is sold for $100, but is still a very useful utility to have.

RedAlert: Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "this sucks!" I appreciate EVERYTHING that has SERIOUS EFFORT AND GOOD INTENTION in it. These aren't THAT bad, sorry if I sounded like that. They just need to be fixed in terms of perspective.

RedAlert said:
But anyway, if at least one person likes at least one of these and can find a use for them, then my work has payed off.

Well, whatever makes you feel better about yourself... :p

:goodjob:

No offense taken, guys. I appreciate your criticism. :)

RedAlert,

If you happen to have a crappy, wrong-perspective, too-realistic-and-not-cartoony-enough horse resource hanging around somewhere, I sure could use it. :D

Hey... innovative stuff. The pachyderm looks damm cool to work with; reminds me of Civ2 "Hi-Res" days. The others guys, especially the ones with decent sized insisors, look great for a "skin" resource in a primitive scenario... sorry environmentalists and naturalists... I'm with you guys, but this is just a game, OK?... and a tribe's gotta survive!.. right..!

Nice "outside the box" stuff RedAlert.

HooDoo said:
RedAlert,

If you happen to have a crappy, wrong-perspective, too-realistic-and-not-cartoony-enough horse resource hanging around somewhere, I sure could use it. :D

Indeed, I can't agree more... an old nag would be appreciated :lol:

Then we can get rid of that bow legged pony hobbling around the grasslands and plains.

These fit quite nicely with the resources I use, and have been added to my collection. I have many similar resources.

EDIT: Sorry for the bump - I really need to look at thread dates before replying....

Top Bottom