DG6 RPG PBEM "Let's Play" Story Thread

truckingpete

On a Stark Trek
Hosted by Pete Inc.

Conquests! 1.22

NOTE:
Here is where you put your stories..and that's all you can put here. Anything else about this PBEM goes HERE.

ONLY people who signed up to play this PBEM can post in here. NOBODY else.

Also, when posting screenshots, please make the file name related to the DemoGame.

Thank you!

Level:
Monarch

World:
Size: Huge
Barbarians: Roaming
Everything else is RANDOM.

Player's Setup:
- NO Respawn AI
- NO Culturally Linked Starting Locations
- NO Accelerated Production
- NO Elimination
- NO Regicide
- NO Mass Regicide
- NO Victory Point Scoring
- NO Capture the Princess
- YES Everything else

Players/E-mail:
truckingpete (truckingpete@hotmail.com)
TimBentley (tbentley@olivet.edu)
Black Hole (froggy999999@hotmail.com)
Octavian X (octavianx@gmail.com
Magnificent Cow (cmac1000@gmail.com)
Drake Rlugia (DrakeRlugia@gmail.com)
UWS (uwsx@hotmail.com)
Strider (vs5589-pbem@yahoo.com)

Player Civs:
truckingpete - Ottomans
TimBentley - RANDOM
Black Hole - Netherlands
Octavian X - RANDOM
Magnificent Cow - RANDOM
Drake Rlugia - Rome
UWS - Greeks
Strider - RANDOM

LET'S PLAY!!

- TP

Black_Hole founds the glorious, soon to be capital of the world, city named Black_Hole.
I won't post any screenshots for a bit...

Pete and his friends and family decided it was time to settle down and build something great. They were nomads for a lot of generations. It was time to become a nation. They decided to settle in a nice spot. They called their this town Pete. They decided to call them the Peteians. The family decided Pete would become the ruler of the new civilization.

In the mysterious tundra and sweeping grasslands of the far north, a tribe of ancient cow folk had spent generations perfecting the skills of mooing, bronze working, chewing cud, pottery, and the production of the sweetest of milks. A handful of said cows decided that the time had come to form a more stable nation, united for life, liberty, and the pursuit of heaviness. They entrusted themselves to the leadership of a cow who seemed to be strangely more magnificent than the rest, and they founded a city of like-minded bovines, calling it simply, "Cow and Co." Scouts and workers were dispatched into the warm interior of the landmass, and Magnificent Cow enjoyed a feast of hay and barley with his closest followers.

Note the uncivilized cows to the southwest. These decided not to join the greater cow nation, but are peaceful tribes and supply us with valuble extra milk.

TimBentley comes, discovering it is the Mongols he will lead to victory. He moves his scout and worker and settles in place, frowning.

The domestic advisor asks, "Why the sad face? We have a food bonus and some BGs, and a river."

Tim replies, "Well, we'll need some workers. And have you seen the other starting positions in the story thread? They're certainly better."

The domestic advisor says, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Tim replies, "Oh, yeah." He takes a look at an editor and mutters, "Hmm...8 turns."

Drake Rlugia, head of the Roman civilization has wandered across the desolate world for eons. Yet now it seems time for these nomads to settle down. The Roman people soon settled near a lake, naming their city Cove De Porte, which would soon flourish thanks to the bountiful sugar near it.

Ug and his troop of nomadic cavepeople ( ;) ) have spent centuries living a nomadic lifestyle. But finally, they have come across a lush valley, perfect for growing wheat and grazing cattle, and here they decide to build the city of Athens.

A small village of Ug's distant relatives had already settled a few kilometres south. So the benevolent UG extended an invitation to them to join Athens, as their village fell within a very short distance of the growing settlement. They accepted, and as a token of their appreciation supplied the Greeks with maps of the surrounding area.

The labourers of Athens wasted no time getting to work, constructing a basic throne room of sorts for their leader, and setting about cultivating the land. Some of the wise elders began creating new inventions, in the hope of furthering Athens ends. But for now, all of the Athenians are content and comfortable as they are.

//How do you attach screenshots? I know how to take them obviously, but attaching them.....

Towards the bottom of the post reply page, there's a spot for attachments. You need to browse to the point where you saved the desired screenie.

EDIT - Sorry, I forgot about the rule.

Sorry, but I just gotta break the rules for this one...

How in the name of the RNG did Magnificent Cow start off with two cattle on a random start, without rerolling it a bunch of times? :cool: MOO indeed!

:rotfl:

It's okay you posted in here instead of stories. But DaveShack has a point..:D Please keep these stories from now on. Thanks! :D

A group of workers set out to farm this sweet tasting plant. They decided to build a road so the people of the city could get to this sweet plant. The workers started working while at the same time eating this sweet plant.

In the far away jungles of the continent of... well, we'll call it 'South America' for now - no idea what that means, at least...

Yes, in those South American jungles... actually, you know, they're probably forests. The woods don't like THAT thick...

Oh, nevermind. Yes, the OCTAVIAN EMPIRE was founded in 4000 B.C., all in the clever ruse of the Incan one. After fifty long and arduous years under their first emperor, The Almighty, Glourious, Founder, Father of the Fatherland and Emperor, His Imperial Excellency Octavian I, the people of the Empire has cleverly produced 'Abode Photoshop' and now present this first image of their magnificient lands.

As fifty years rolled on, the workers of Cove De Porte begin to irregate the plains near the city so that the bountiful sugar plant near it can become even more valuble to the Romans. Time is also slowly ticking as the Romans hurry to complete their "warrior".

The scout of the Mongols spots a peaceful tribe. Tim (after setting research to the cheapest tech, ceremonial burial) tells him to pop the goody hut. The scout looks confused, so Tim tells him to go northeast, and the tribe decides to join the Mongols. Tim says to his domestic advisor, "This city location is going to be even worse than the capital."

The advisor replies, "Well, it will be pretty good after 40 worker turns or so. Who knows how many bonus grasslands there might be?"

Here is the first public image of my empire:

A few things had to be blacked out, for security

As you can see my empire has started along a nice little coast. Not much else to say.

The cultural advisor came up to Tim with an idea. "We should have some national symbols! Let's start with a national tree, just to get things started."

"That's easy," Tim replied, "Let's go with the trees all around us. Palm trees."

"I think I've got a better idea," the advisor responded, "Palm trees are quite common. Let's go with something less common: the banana tree."

"You're right," Tim said, "I hereby declare the banana tree to be the national tree of Mongolia." (Jungles aren't so bad if they have bananas. I think Tim is just being pessimistic.)

The Ruler decides to set up a commetti that decides the symbols of the nation. He set up and called it, The Consul of Nation Symbols. This consul could choose the symbols they wanted.

Right away the CNS made a national plant. They knew right away that this would be a good choice becuase there is a lot around the capital city.

The speaker of the CNS:

"I hearby make the national plant of Pete the Sugarcane Plant."

*cheers*

"Also, the national food is, you guessed it, SUGAR!!"

*cheers*

Ruler Pete: "I think they had to much already..:D :lol:

King Magnificent_Cow was displeased with the lackadaisacal attitude of some of the younger heifers.
"What do they think this is, a game?" wondered the irate leader, "I know what we need. We need a symbol, a focal point, a kind of national 'no loafing' sign."
After several hours locked up in his closet, with sporadic demands for glue, elbow macaroni, and glitter, he emerged with a mighty bellow:
"Look upon mighty Russia and cower! The cows have come home, and now is the time for great deeds!"

Attachments

• flag.JPG
    flag.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 288
Top Bottom