RAZzicle Earth 100x100

Did you enjoy playing this map?

• Total voters

Craterus22

King
Inspired by the original RAZ map

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=86087

Many, many changes form the original map - NA changed drastically, no sea lanes, africa smaller, italy bigger, etc.

Resource strategy in this map (and in the popMOD maps), was to have resources required for civ unique units near each capital.

Attached is a plain jane (no rules changes) version that requires Conquests and will have HOF scores.

popMODrar version is compatible with RAR (Rise and Rule). Please note that the RAR version requires RAR 1.03 (which currently is beta and has errors associated with it).

popMODrhys123 version is compatible with Rhys Expanded version 1.23. Requires Rhys expanded version 1.23.

The popMOD version (inspired by Mickey75) has 3 settlers to start the game with the inability to build more cities until a later age. Also has hidden nationality subs. See notes in game selection screen for more details...

Please feel free to leave constructive comment or if you see any resource errors concerning unique units.

Attachments

• RAZzicleEarth_31civ_1r.zip
    24 KB · Views: 1,188
  • RAZzicle Earth 93start_popMODrar_ver1a.zip
    72.8 KB · Views: 739
  • RAZzicle Earth 93start_popMODrhy123_ver1a.zip
    64.3 KB · Views: 599
why did you make a map like this? t looks realy funny. :lol:

Its to represent areas by the number of civs they have. It should be interesting to play around with. Its not meant to be accurate greenman.

Thanks for the kind words and votes...

Please keep in mind that I am not the originator of this idea... check out the thread referenced in the first post for the original...

I think my greatest contributions were expanding italy at the expense of africa and modifying North America.

I am still not satisfied with NA... Mountains in canada to the extent that I added them are not accurate, but they were a convienent way of reducing available settling space.

Next version will probably add 3 defensive units to defend the settlers in the popMOD versions. I will definitely update the RAR version as soon as an update comes out for RAR (please hurry guys - I appreciate your work).

Thanks for a great map!

I think there are a few things I am going to mod myself before playing, but this offers a better playing game that is based on the real world...especially thanks for converting and setting it up for RAR.

I'm still unsure about the mod pop...I will try it out once though!

-BK

I voted no, but in your defense this was a great map I just didnt enjoy playin it........But great work

This topic got bumped out of nowhere after a year of peace, but none the less, I have to say that this is my favorite map that I have played for C3C. :love: :thumbsup: I really enjoy the more cramped maps opposed the spacious ones and those I loved this.

I'm only playing on Warlord because I'm not that good but it's still a blast. :cool: The Byzantines are a superpower as they managed to grab 5 cities early screwing up their neighbours. As the Portuguese (the strong starting location on this map balances out their actual flaws :lol:) I just liberated the Spanish and I am about to move into Rome. :ar15: I haven't had this much fun in ages. :band: I hate spending years and years settling empty land and waiting forever for it to develop only to send Knights 50-70 tiles away to fight some war in the distance. :cringe:

I don't know if you are still reading this topic but would you consider your popMOD for regular C3C rather than the two mods? I think it would make the game even faster. :crazyeye:

Attachments

• world.jpg
    world.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 598
Shocking to see this. I'm really glad it got improved upon. Wooohoo!!

ac196nataku said:
I don't know if you are still reading this topic but would you consider your popMOD for regular C3C rather than the two mods? I think it would make the game even faster. :crazyeye:

Thanks for the kind words and the thumbnail of your game... I have recently uninstalled C3C.

You are more than welcome to use the popMOD idea for the regular version if you wish. The reason I only used it on the modded versions was that they already would not be scored in the hof. If you put the popMOD on the regular version - no more hof :sad:

One of the design flaws in the game that seems to be unecessarily complicated in civ4 (seperate hof's for all mods? even graphics mods?).

Please continue to enjoy these maps - it may be a long time before I revisit them...

If anyone wants to continue to mod/tweak them... feel free to add your mods to this thread or if you create your own thread please reference this one in the first post.

Enjoy!

Well, since it got bumped I saw it and I dloaded it. Looks like fun to me. :love:

I am using it with RAR 1.3 and it rules because of this map I making my first scen, you are my god thankyou!

wow no comments in two years

anyways ive liked this for a long while- but i was just playing the Rhyse version and noticed with the Inca i could build settlers right off the bat. any thoughts?

gimmeadog,it is considered a little rude by many members of this forum to post in threads which have not been posted in for a period of time (about 3 weeks is safe). The reason this thread had not been posted in for over 2 years is precisely for this reason :)

considering there have been only about a dozen replies posted in the entire user made maps forum in the past month i doubted anyone would mind

The map forum is where I least mind bumps. There's practically nothing going on anyway so it keeps the existing maps cycling. I highly doubt though that you'll get any patched versions unless you make them yourself. :)

Top Bottom