The Quest for the Easter Egg

Paasky

Good News Everyone!
Here's a little scenario I did in a few hours (and finally got the AI to work properly with a few hours of testing):

1 new unit, made by me: The Easter Egg
8 civs: Grandma, Grandpa, Daddy, Mummy, Big Sister, Big Brother, Little Sister & Little Brother.

Installation: extract the .zip in your civilization iii\conquests\scenarios\ folder.

Playing: Start Conquests, press Civ Content & double-click Easter.biq. Try to find the eggs, then go over them and press the rescue princess button. Then bring the unit to your city & go find others. You win when you have gathered 10 eggs.

EDIT: The Easter.zip was updated.
EDIT2: It was updated again after 64 downloads
EDIT3: And updated again, this time 7 of you got it.

Attachments

• easter.jpg
    easter.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 851
  • QftEEv3.zip
    153.3 KB · Views: 273
a.wav??? Well, it's got nothing to do with the scenario (neither the egg.ini NOR peidaicons.txt NOR civilopedia.txt NOR the scenario file has any reference to that). Even I don't have such a file yet it works with me. So it's something to do with... I don't have a clue :confused:

Try creating a new file with that name in that folder (without having anything in it) if that will fix the problem.

This was pretty fun. I did want to point out a couple of things, which you probably ran across during your own testing of the mod.

I started out as Big Brother. At one point I tried to attack one of the other rooms (just for fun), and found that I couldn't. It didn't give me a message like "this unit cannot attack settlements" or whatever, so I'm not sure why I couldn't attack.

However, the other family members had no problems attacking my room - Fluffy actually managed to kill both Dad and Little Sister, promoting himself to Elite! :hammer: I kept hoping they'd attack him again, so I could have a shot at getting a leader and maybe rush another Big Brother.

But beyond a certain point I didn't see anyone else running around the house - I think they may have killed each other off, or at least severely weakened one another. I don't suppose there's any way around this, except maybe putting everybody in a locked alliance or something... but this might have its own drawbacks.

Grandpa ran away with the game for most of it; he was up by five eggs on me at one point, and he got cocky:

I naturally told him to bugger off, and made peace with him a few turns later for all of his gold.

I ended up tied with Grandpa at 8000 points; all the eggs were taken without anybody getting ten of them, and there was no way to win. So I tried a second game as Grandpa and smoked everyone. He has a very good
room location with the only convenient exit to the southern area, and it's very easy to get all those eggs before anyone else. I ended up with 12.

I do like the fact that you can capture eggs even if your unit is already carrying one - though you can't pick them up, you can fortify them and make it easy to come back for them later. Or, if someone gets to it first, you immediately know and don't have to bother going back for it.

All in all, I thought this was a very creative and fun mod to play. Kudos!

This "wav" thing is strange!

I did the download of the rar file and extract the u.wav into the directory. Didn't work! SO I've renamed it to a.wav...

What happened?
It said that the "b.wav" was missing! :cry:

Can anyone help?!

The attacking bug is a wierd thing: If a land unit has a "doesn't show its nation" on, the player can't attack cities with it, BUT the AI can. :confused:

You didn't see anybody because it's a big house & the units are small. The proof that they did do something is because all of the eggs were taken ;)

Luthor, you have to extract ALL .wav's to your civ3\sounds\build\ folder for it to work. I can't understand the .wav problem at all, but those .rar/.zip create a work-around. For some reason, civ want's a .wav for every letter on the alphabet :confused:

EDIT: The Easter.zip was updated, check first post.

Sorry to bump an old thread noone cares about, but I like this MOD...this is a bit late, but Ive discovered the source of the a.wav issue...

the wavs refer to the culture type and are labeled aMED.wav/ aASIA.wav etc(or something close, Im at work, not in front of Civ) and when you change a race to be "none" or non specific in the editor, it looks for nonspecific wavs for those culture groups...so you will need several files to fix it...they are all clicks, and quick drum sounds from the ancient era...

It's not bumping, atleast not in the bad way, when you give error reports ;)
Besides, I care about it, like I care about all of my children. Well, stuff I've created anyway...
The question still remains: why does every other computer except mine require them?
I think I'll play a game of this, just for fun :D

Updated it. It's got some nice new civilopedia & ingame texts & the AI+map have been made a bit better. Now there will be (randomly) 3-4 civs that won't do anything, 1-2 civs which use one person to search for eggs & 2 civs which will use both persons to search for them.
Also fixed the .wav problem ;)

Did I just spend 4 hours fixing & testing & fixing & testing this? Whew, time flies...
Weird that although I added the script.txt, the file size dropped by almost 200kb.

I played 3 times...it takes 5 mins...Mom Dad and Grampa all get in the game, but noone else...I was big bro, I think Gramps has a crazy advantage as he got 5 and everyone else got 1-2...also, the fam will declare war if you dont pay them, sometimes even sacrificing their unit in a mutual suicide(the units have low attack and always seem to kill each other)

On a side note, I love the egg...I will be replacing a unit in my MOD with a hidden "easter egg" ahahahahaa

Tank Guy: Decided to do something easy & simple on Easter ;)

Spacer One: I played 5 games, with different persons, and always different AI's started to get the eggs... Maybe I should delete half of the eggs & arrange them better so one person won't have an advantage.

It's awesome that the AI can handle the scenario as well as it does now, as this is propably the farthest from normal civ that any scenario has gone...

I suggest that you give in for the occasional AI threat, although it's nice to see good old fluffy beat up your family :lol:

The unit is actually the only unit I've done for civ, it wasn't too hard to do ;)

Im trying different fam now, Gramps definatly has an advantage, as I got 7 with him and only mom and dad got any...

I know this isnt an idea you want to put much into, but a bigger map...maybe they buy a bigger house before next easter?...lol...if you dont wanna I prolly will...this is a fun way to kill 10 mins

[edit] any way to make the eggs barbarians?...they can turn into eggs when captured?...return to base for points?...then they could move and be hard to find

Why not make a series: "Holiday Scenarios" with this, and others in it :lol:
"Get that present!" - There are 10 presents for you, and for everyone else. The first one to get all 10 of theirs wins! (Christmas)

Hmm.. Any other holiday themes? I can't come up with anything else..
Oh yeah, Halloween. But how to implement that?

EDIT: The Eggs actually are barbarians, they just have Hidden Nationality.
Oh, I get what you mean, atleast sort of. I could make the eggs into barbarians which would appear here & there (in barbarian camps) but unfortunately the barbarians don't work with premade scenarios, only random ones :(

Updated it, again. Now 15000 points are required, but the map has been changed somewhat. There are lots of new doors, so no-one has more of an advantage than anyone else. I played a game as Dad & won by 2 eggs. But that was partly because I had access to several eggs in the very beginning, so I deleted 2 from the vicinity of Dad.

Shall I make a Christmas present & a Pumpkin unit now? :D

Top Bottom