The Arab Invasion - Open Sucession Game

Salam and good day to all who have welcomed me to the emirate. I wish to thank the honored Bianezzi for his graciousness in allowing me to contribute to the betterment of the empire.

A question. I may not be able to start the game until tomorrow night and/or Saturday. What is the expected time frame? Would it be better for someone else to execute a move, or is it normal for a sultan to take several days for the proper management of his empire?

Allah be praised,

Shiek Coinich el Fateh

Take your time, Your Holyness.

I just get a little nervous when the Emirs disappear without warning. ;-)

NOTE: Intend to d/l and play tonight. :king:

Sheik Coinich al Fateh strolled the streets of Kufah. An entourage of minor religious officials following behind him attentively, as he continued to speak to them about the requirements, proclaimed by Allah, that the religion of Islam is to be spread throughout the world.

"Master, are you saying that war against the Romans and Spanish are justified in the eyes of the great one", asked a disciple?

"Indeed, my young student. It is not the fault of Arabia, that the Romans and Spanish have hardened their hearts and minds to the ways of Islam. It is most unfortunate; however, because this does necessitate that Arabia indoctrinate the unbelievers in our ways. This needs be done, despite the fact they will accuse Arabia of being aggressors and 'conquerors'. They do not realize what they are saying. They only spray the words, and spittle, that comes from the wiles of the evil one. "

There was much nodding in the small crowd that had now gathered to hear this most "enlightened" religious teacher, who was increasingly gaining in popluarity.

Igor bin Kutzov, a young russian orphan who has made his way to Mecca as a cabin boy on ships of various nationalities, hears the words of the great sheik and begins to dream of his future in the military service of such a pious leader...

The followers of the word of Shaheen the scurge of the Portugese have kept faithfull to the word and kept alive the wierding way. Though the power in the land of Islam has fallen to unclean merchants the true followers have remained true to the faith and await the final Jihad as predicted by Maud'dib in the deep deserts of the faithfull. The true future of the land will be realised when the prophecy of the holy jihad is once again put in the hands of the true prophet known as Maud'dib who sees all the possible futures for the true faith and can choose the true path. All hail Maud'dib and bow before his power.

The seers do not expect Maud'dib to appear until several generations after the infidel Germans have bowed to the true word...

Greetings friends,

I just wanted to let you know I'm still here and have started the game. I, unfortunately, had to visit a relative yesterday who was diagnosed as terminally ill. This has set me back a day or so. Please bear with me.

Sheik Coinich al Fateh

First things first, Coinich, and I'm talking about your personnal life here.

Sorry to hear about your relative.

Just getting caught up. Will post the first few things. Thanks for your patience :hatsoff:
--------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronicles of Coinich al Fateh, Sheik of Arabia

In the year of Allah, number 728, a hugely popular cleric named Coinich al Fateh, or Coinich the Conqueror, ascended to the Sultancy of Arabia. Here are some excerpts of his life, as chronicled by Hassan, his personal scribe, and a faithful acolyte of Islam.

In the first year of his rule, as ordained by Allah himself, Sheik Coinich authorized the completion of the following projects, in benevolence to the peoples of Arabia:

1. Urged the scholars and academicians to discard their studies regarding the reading of stars for navigation, and instead begin the research in to the prospects of using science applications to harden metals.

2. Personally visited the major cities of the kingdom, to discuss the production of those cities with their governors. With the assistance of Allah, his holiness was able to persuade the governors of El Croditae, Cumae, and Veii to change their production. In recognition of Cumae, and Veii’s importance to the realm, the benevolent sheik authorized the accelerated completion of a temple in both cities.

3. The thriving city of Yamamam was noted to be without the protection of any defensive unit loyal to the crown. His holiness, in a moment of sheer enlightenment, ordered the governor of Yamamam to rapidly complete the barracks, which was under construction at the time, with the help of some financial subsidy from the coffers of the people. This was done so in the future, the local training, and arming, of a defensive unit would render the unit well enough trained so as to be considered veteran.

Hope all is well Coinich.

It seems the cleric Coinich al Fateh has made an immediate impact for the cause of Islam.

The following continues the documentation of the life of His Holiness, Coinich al Fateh, Sheik of Arabia, as faithfully recorded by me, Hassan, his favored scribe, and a devoted student of the one, true, God.

In the year 735, the blessed of Allah , took audience with the ambassador of Germania. Although he found the German lack of piousness quite disturbing, he nonetheless wisely realized that cultural differences were bound to occur, especially with those who lived farther distances away from the light of Arabia. It seemed that the people of Germania were quite enamored by the beauteous and fine silken ware that was produced by the faithful of Arabia. The ambassador had been authorized by Frederick, the King of the Germans, to negotiate an exchange for a constant supply of Arabian silk.

The great, and noble, Sheik saw that Arabia had more than enough bolts of silk cloth to keep their own population appeased and in obedient service to Allah. His Holiness authorized the exchange of one caravan full of Arabian silks per year, for twenty years, in exchange for the Germans contributing 11 gold units per year, for the same period.

In the year 740, the beloved of Allah, held court with the military advisors charged with the protection of the faithful. As Allah is my witness, the following are true and faithful accountings of the results of the decisions that transpired during that meeting:

1. The catapults and trebuchets, which were previously located throughout Rome, were moved to the city of Veii, in preparation for furtherance of the campaign against the vile Romans. Ever since the liberation of Veii, the military strategists had been very concerned that the location of more Roman cities were not known to our cartographers. This meant that our enlightenment of the citizens of Rome would come to a standstill, until such time as more of their cities could be located.

2. The Al Karaggh, which was bringing two units of Ansar Warriors to the Roman theater, was diverted to the shores near the town of Hispalis.

3. Land-based military forces were consolidated in the cities of Hispalis, and al Bikr, in preparation for a jihad against the Iberian infidels. It is anticipated that it will take the span of many years to prepare for a spirited attack against the unfaithful in Iberia. His Holiness has decreed that despite the vast cultural differences, the fervor with which the French joined our jihad against the unholy Romans, has shown them to temporarily be “friends of the faithful”.

4. His Holiness, anointed of Allah, further decreed that since the infidels of Rome appear to have had their spirits crushed by the might that is Arabia, the new focus of the armed forces of the faithful, will be devoted toward the sole purpose of finishing the enlightenment of the Iberian peoples.

In the year 743, I have properly recounted the servant of Allah, holding audience with the meek and sullen ambassador of the barbaric infidels of Rome.

The ambassador was made to enter the presence of His Holiness in shackles and chains. The robes of his office were stripped, and he was made to hold his head bowed in reverence, and his body kneeled in servitude, to the mouthpiece of Allah, may he be merciful to us all.

The ambassador tried to hold his pride, as he spoke with His Holiness. But after seeing the hardness of his heart, the ambassador was made to realize that his prideful attitude was sinful. He was proclaimed an infidel, and almost thrown out to the executioner. Alas, His Holiness’ heart did soften enough to remain in audience with the infidel from Rome.

Infused with the wisdom of Allah, the Sheik inquired as to how far the Roman had traveled. He quickly realized that the forces of Rome would not be able to redeploy quickly enough to crush the remaining Roman cities. He decided, instead, to make peace with the Romans, until such time as the forces of the faithful could be brought to bear against them.

As the books of law would demand, His Holiness was firm with the Roman infidel, and he demanded the following from Rome, in exchange for peace:

1. The science, known by Rome, of Metallurgy
2. The science, known by Rome, of Astronomy
3. A Roman map of the known world.

Despite his unbridled hatred, the Roman begrudgingly, and wisely, acquiesced to the demands of Arabia.

In the year 745, the beloved of Allah received a missive from the leader of the friends of the people, the French.

While I, Hassan, was not privy to view the document, I do know it caused much concern for the blessed of Allah. He was quite disturbed to find the French had become quite upset toward Arabia for declaring peace with the Roman infidels. The French must have realized the distances traveled would take years to press the attack, and the missive he had sent to France regarding the treaty with Rome, had clearly spelled that out. His Holiness then knew that Arabia could only depend upon Allah, and herself, from here on out. The peace was still in effect with France, but the forces of the faithful would keep an ever-vigilant watch against any possible French aggression. The focus of Arabia was now firmly set upon Iberia.

In the year 748, the al Karaggh of the fabled sea-captain Ahmar al Bashir, was granted audience with the defender of the faith. I swear by Allah, my hand is guided by the truth.

Ahmar al Bashir paid proper respects to the great Sheik. After exchanging pleasantries, and gifts, the great captain regaled the blessed of Allah with a “sea story”. The captain then entered in to a discussion regarding the reason he had begged audience. I was, of course, privy to the contents of the discussion, and I chronicle the summary thereof, in this scroll for you now:

Ahmar brought with him the news that the “rampaging forces of the Ottoman Empire have destroyed the last remaining Roman city of Ceasaragusta”. I must admit that even I was somewhat taken aback by the news, just as I know His Holiness was, by the expression on his face.

I would not, of course, ever show emotion, in the presence of the great Sheik, for I consider myself most privileged to study under his wise tutelage.

The blessed of Allah asked many questions of the sea captain, and listened attentively to his answers. There were further discussions of strategy and local news from the far east, where Ceasaraugusta had once lain. The infidels were now part of the Ottoman Empire.

This news meant that Arabia was free to pursue the Iberian front. Additionally, the newest, ex-Roman, citizens of Arabia, would rest easier now, having lost their cultural identity with Rome. This would definitely help speed along their integration to Islam. The sea captain was rewarded handsomely for his news, and devotion to the faith. I did notice that His Holiness walked with a bounce in his step for several days after this audience.

That's the summary of where I am to-date. I will try to play another couple of turns as soon as possible. :hmm: But probably not the whole 20 turns. Thank you to all for the patience and well wishes. :hatsoff:

Glory to our brothers, the Ottomans!

Glory for destroying the Roman infidels!

Who's on deck?

yarrrgh, cried the last roman alive.
his name was Giorgio the Moroder, and he was captain of the last ship of the noble roman fleet.
these days ofcourse he is lowered to living "off the sea". some would call that piracy.
my home land demolished! destroyed! no more! and by whom? bloody Ottomans!!! couldnt those blasted arabs even finish the job themselves?
evil is in the hearts of the ottomans, but a wise captain will try to always come up on top of the game. i cant keep up the piracy, the arabs are pouring galleys of war into the sea.
BANG!! Giorgio sees a flash, and knows what the romans should have known well before that. Allah really IS the one true god. and i am his vessel. i must depart now to Mecca and plead my case to the great Holy one. i must help in the cause of the faith (and if possible, see the sultan's head on a pike. preferably an old roman one i'll keep around)

WHO UP? me? :blush:

In the decade which commenced in the year 751, as I stand here today, I certify the following events transpired:

In 751, His Holiness was presented scientific information, which I was wont to understand, regarding the arts of hardening metals. Shortly after the meeting, he most wisely decreed that seven trebuchet divisions, which were holding in the newly acquired city of Veii, should be upgraded to, and trained in the use of, the cannon. Such action would assure the military might, and superiority, of Arabia for millennia to come.

In the year 753, an al Karaggh was stationed in the Strait of Gibraltar to facilitate the transferring of military units to the new lands.

At the dawn of the year 755, His Holiness was attacked, personally, by the wiles of the evil one. As sickness enveloped him, he was greeted by a vision from Allah himself. When Allah, may he be praised, forced the evil humors from the mortal body of His Holiness, the attack against the Iberians was pushed forward. One does not interfere with the edicts of the great Allah.

The attack plans were rescheduled, and the units began moving toward Iberian territory. They consisted of:

Dispatched from the vicinity of Hispalis:
Six Cannon Divisions
One Ancient Cavalry Army, and
Five Ansar Warrior divisions

Dispatched from the vicinity of al-Bikr:
Three Swordsman Units
Five Ansar Warriors

It would take possibly several decades to have the logistics in place to enable an attack against the Iberians, but the great Sheik was not deterred in his steadfastness.

Top Bottom