Telgar's/Rhye's/Snoopy's Combined Forests

@the100thBalloon, okay cool beans :)

@ MeteorPunch -- the leaves don't look that dark because you are looking at red oak leaves. There are three major divisions of oaks: red oaks have pointed lobes, white oaks generally have rounded lobes, and live oaks generally have no lobes at all. Within these major divisions are many species.

Live oaks tend to have darker leaves out of the three groups, that are also thicker and usually stay on the tree throughout winter. Here is an image of a younger live oak:

and the leaves:

Note that the shiny surface of the leaves reflects light, but shaded areas are dark green. In full sunshine the trees can reflect a lot of light; but when wet, under cloud cover, their rick dark green is most visible.

The long-awaited (?) update is here! Basically I did a lot of re-editing so there's no orange or red trees. Don't look too hard though or you might notice flaws. :mischief:

Attachments

• Combined Forests 2.zip
    262.8 KB · Views: 366
Telgar said:
I think it's a wonderful idea MeteorPunch! :) Thanks for reviving my forests. I knew they were around here somewhere. :D :goodjob:

Thanks a lot! I got these off Apollyton (are they even here at CFC?) and they are amazingly good.

If you zoom it, they are actually flowers. I had an idea to add many goofy things to the trees, but didn't. :)

If I get around to it, I might change the brown-leaved trees next to a greener tree leaf.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
I think a really great idea would be to miniterize the trees so that rivers don't look like they are flowing on top of the forest.. :mischief:

I may try that on my own, since I really like Telgar's work.
Post screenshots before and after please.

Top Bottom