WW2 europa v2.

el mencey

Warlord

WW2 Europa v.2

The main change is that I have added new units that before it did not have, I have varied the number of units that now there are on the map, the units of old times will not be possible to be made, some of the units that already existed have changed their ADM. The Germans are the unique ones who can construct submarines. In this version there are no railroads with which to cross all Europe in a turn, the rate by wagon happens from 3 to 2, also I have changed a little the technological tree. I have added the system of points by victory. The nations with which the humans will be able to play are: England (Gb-USA), Germany, USSR, Italy and France. The other three will be controlled by the I.A.

Sample image.

Attachments

• mapa.jpg
    mapa.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2,401
Looks good.

I'll DL and let you know my opinion.

I hope I can understand all with my limited knowledge of Spanish.

Why not make all of the nations playable from the start though? France collapsed a few weeks after the war started (ofcourse everyone would have had, if they were bordering germany, but still)

i may dl it, since it looks nice :)

edit: and from the pic it seems that you do not have the Maginot line. The only access to france should be through the ardennes forest (probably just one tile)

Just a practical question. Why do you have a self-extracting archive inside the .rar file? That always makes me a little worried. It is no coincidence that you can't upload exe files here. ;) Besides, you have to change the Spanish default path anyway (unless you're Spanish, of course). It looks nice, though

Finally, after reading your summary (below), I decided to give up for the time being. There were no "previous attacks" against Germans in Poland (which, by the way, was a very small minority). Secondly, France had a long standing alliance with Poland and far reaching obligations, which they didn't even try to meet. Only Great Britain actually reacted to Hitler's threats by forming an alliance with Poland shortly before the German assault, and made the ultimatum as a consequence it. They did, however, not have any possibility to offer material assistance.

On September the 1st, 1939, without a formal declaration of war and after blaming Poland of previous attacks against the German population of that country, the nazi trops invaded them, in what is know has the Blitzkrieg, a short war of only 3 weeks. In the meantime, Great Britain and France demanded Germany to the immediate retreat of their troops from the occupied Poland. Adolf Hitler, at the time President of the German State, didn't responded to the demand. On September 3rd , both countries declared the war to Germany.

Pawel said:
Finally, after reading your summary (below), I decided to give up for the time being.
You give up the scenario because the introduction could have been wrongly written? I share your views of the Spanish issues and specially the .exe fear, but I don't understand this one.

Besides, I think the statement is correct. The statement says Germany attacked "after blaming Poland", not that it DID happen. I think this was the real excuse that the Germans used to invade Poland. Off course everybody knew it was not real... but they used it anyway!!!

And I think both Great Britain and France both declared war on Germany for attacking Poland.

Well, I did say 'for the time being'. :) The main reason Hitler (Fuhrer, not President), cited was the 'Polish attack on Germany'. He let some German soldiers dress up in Polish uniforms 'attack' a border post. Of course, by that time, the Wehrmacht was already on the march. The French and British responses were dictated by the alliance. There was no legal way of avoiding a declaration of war. What is interesting is that the alliance with France had very specific provisions on what was to happen in case of an attack. The response did not materialize.

The text itself is, of course, not very important. It just dampens the enthusiasm. ;)

EDIT: But the most important thing is if the game plays well. I cannot comment on that since I haven't played it yet. :goodjob:

Well, I had a very brief look, and saw that you actually start in May 1940, after Germany and Soviet Union had divided up Poland, and the former also had invaded Denmark and Norway, while the latter occupied the Baltic states and parts of Finland and Romania. I think this is a very good time to start! The initial part of the war in Europe usually isn't re-created very well by the AI.
I think, however, that using a term like 'neutrals' would make more sense than letting all of them (including Turkey and Portugal) to be Sweden! :D

I like the map,placement of cities etc.,but I don't know why did you assign yugoslav cities to Holland,it makes no sense (it would be even more sensable if you assigned it to Germany,Bulgary,Italy, NDH...),but not in 1939,though...
anyway I think it's good material between all ww2 scenarios,not to big,seems like it wouldn't need to much to load and wait between turns...good work

And I wonder why is so bad infrastructure in cities,there should be at least 5-6 buildings in it,probably bank in almost every city,and university in every second-third city.
I didn't played it yet,but wonder why Nationalism isn't discovered by almost any civilization,how is mobilisation possible? Maybe amphibious war should be discovered by all civilizations,so they can build guerilla's...
Hope this isn't to much annotations :)...

The scenario this based on the first version that was made to play pbems, reason why only can have eight nations. It begins in the month of May of 1940 therefore Yugoslavia had still not been attacked. As far as the nationalism and guerrilla I prefer that they interchange it with other nations, and that the infrastructures of the cities that see that they lack make the players.

Pawel said:
El mencey, I see you haven't responded for a while. I feel bad about it since my criticism was somewhat exagerated. I think your scenario shows much promise!

I feel it but I do not know much English and to respond I need time.

el mencey said:
I feel it but I do not know much English and to respond I need time.
Hola el mencey.

él dice que él entiende que su respuesta se escribió hace varios días y que él piensa que su "crítica está exagera" un poco. sin embargo, él escribe también que él piensa su scenario es "prometen".

espero que esto ayude.

El Justo

Thanks for the translation! :hatsoff:

Actually, I think that the Spanish version of this scenario is one of its coolest features. There are, after all. many WWII scenarios - but only one in Spanish!

Also, as I mentioned before, I really like the idea of starting in May of 1940, and making it multi-player compatible by restricting the number of civilizations to eight. I think that grouping the countries the way you have also makes perfect sense. I would just change the name 'Sweden' to 'Neutrals' and of 'Holland' to 'Minor Allies' or something like that.

Unfortunately I am very busy with RL stuff right now, but I would like to try out your scenario some day!

Top Bottom