Fallout: Vertibird

Flamand

The Visible Elder!
Before anyone else says it: it does look like a giant fly. Maybe an interesting unit? :D

Nice unit! Not many people have made attack helicopters. :goodjob:

BTW, can you make a guy with a guitar, and the attack animation is him playing it?

I think your skills are impressive. Do you have a spot in the unit artist's libraury yet Flamand?

I think the idea of giant mechanical insects has potencial, but thats just me. Could you do any other futuristic helicopters in the future? I was thinking something like what you'd see in Empire Earth 1.

Bluemofia: I could make that in the future if you want.

Flamand, thank you very much for the Vertibird. You have done it justice. :goodjob:

I will get it into the mod ASAP and post a screenie. :)

:nuke: Cheers Thorgrimm :nuke:

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
I think the idea of giant mechanical insects has potencial, but thats just me. Could you do any other futuristic helicopters in the future? I was thinking something like what you'd see in Empire Earth 1.

Bluemofia: I could make that in the future if you want.

I also think the mech bug will be useful as well, because big bugs are scary to some people, and may be used as a fear tactic (to civilian populations) in the future.

Thanks! That would be greatly appreciated.

Wow... your reactions are so quick! My Star Trek threads are always so quiet in comparison... :)
I'm sorry Bluemofia, my skills are limited to spaceships and apparently this helicopter. :D I wouldn't know how to begin making humans and still have tons of work for the Star Trek mod... I might make the fly at a later date when I'm tired of Starships...
No new units form me for the next 2 weeks. I'll be on a holiday till then...

The victoy animation is so cool!, So's the fly.

Now that it just too cool! Outstanding unit and well animated :goodjob: ...would like to see the propellers and ship continue to fall/move during the Death because when they abruptly stop in mid air during the explosion, it looks odd. Not trying to criticize...it is just a minor thing that, by comparison to all the other well animated flcs, stands out a little. It probably takes place quickly in the game and is not really noticeable. Love the Aggressive and Quick flight attributes you animated for this unit. I would not want to have to one of those "birds" after me in a war. :lol: :clap:

@ everyone: thanks for the compliments... :)

@ Vuldacon: the rotors the moment they touch the ground. The only problem with the death animation is that there's no shadow, which would have taken me ages to render. I'm on holiday now and I wanetd to finish this unit before leaving. So perhaps that's it seems to stop in midair...

Top Bottom