Turkish MOD

Tunch Khan

King
I have released here the beta version of my Turkish MOD that makes Turks a playable civilization. Please keep your comments, feedback and suggestions in this thread.

Turkish Mod v.01b (10/31/2005)

Features:

- Turkish Civilization added as 19th civilization
- Turkish cities added
- Two new leaders, Mehmed II and Suleyman are available with their own traits, although they borrow Genghiz Khan's and Saladin's graphics until new graphics are available
- Turkish UU Sipahi is introduced, they use Horse Archer graphics and Keshik button, requires feudalism, upgradable to cavalry
- Turkish flag is added
- Turkish flag as a button added
- Civilopedia entries for Turkey and Sipahi added
- Civilopedia entries for Mehmed II and Suleyman added
- A new color Crimson is added, however needs further adjustment and tweaking as it looks very much like regular red
- Turkish starting techs are added as Hunting and Mining
- This mod is mainly for English version as Civilopedia entries for other four languages have been cut to save uploading space

Installation:

- **IMPORTANT** : Backup your original game files
- Either place the whole Turkish Mod under your Mods folder and run it as a seperate mod; (haven't tested yet)
- Or overwrite your existing game files with the ones provided here
- If you haven't unpacked your Art0.Fpk file, then just paste the Art file under Assets and place Art content.
- I have tested the mod myself and played stable game for several hours, but there can always be an error as this is only beta. Install it at your own risk.

Cheers
Tunch Khan

CrazyMrLeo said:
Can you post a screen of the turks in game?
It's just like regular units with Turkish flag. I can still post it if you want, but it's missing leaderheads still. what kind of a screenie you want?

How about a little cropped shot of Istanbul (or whatever the capital is) with a unit in it.

Hope this one works.

Attachments

• ScreenieTurkishMod.JPG
    ScreenieTurkishMod.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 300
I can confirm this mod DOES work when installed as a mod, so there is no ened to overwrite any files. Unzip contest to the Mods folder in the main game directory, then load the game, go to Advanced, Load a Mod, load it, it'll restart, then play a normal game. It works great! No backing up of files needed this way. Much more clean and safe.

Greek Plunder said:
I can confirm this mod DOES work when installed as a mod, so there is no ened to overwrite any files. Unzip contest to the Mods folder in the main game directory, then load the game, go to Advanced, Load a Mod, load it, it'll restart, then play a normal game. It works great! No backing up of files needed this way. Much more clean and safe.
Thank you for the confirmation, much appreciated :)

At this stage Sipahi's attack is 10 which is equivalent to a Knight. It also requires Feudalism and is slightly cheaper than a knight.

Mehmed II is Creative and Expansive, while Suleyman is Financial and Spiritual.

I have finished the static leaderheads for Mehmed II and Suleyman I, I have also added Mustafa Kemal Ataturk as a third leader. I will release the new version later this morning.

The flag looks very nice. :)

As for the leaderheads, could you release two mod versions - one with Genghis Khan and Saladin and one with static leaderheads? Personally, I prefer animated leaders even if not 100% correct to static ones. :)

Martinus said:
The flag looks very nice. :)

As for the leaderheads, could you release two mod versions - one with Genghis Khan and Saladin and one with static leaderheads? Personally, I prefer animated leaders even if not 100% correct to static ones. :)

The beta version is already with Genghiz and Saladin 3-D, you can download it now. I made the flag slightly better now on the button graphic. I'm still testing different aspects, but i might post the new version seperately.

Updated the Turkish MOD with the new version after adding Static leaderheads and Ataturk as a thid leader. You can download the new version from the first post on this thread. For those who prefer the 3-D graphics of Geghiz and Saladin instead of Static ones, the old beta version will still be available here. Thank you very much for all the feedback and comments and please keep them coming as you enjoy the Mod. I am still going to work on diplo scripts, other aspects and eventually add 3-D graphics as soon as they become available. Once everything is polished, I might try adding a few other civs as well depending on the progress of other modding projects in this forum. Cheers. :cool:

DOWNLAD THE UPDATED Turkish MOD.

Turkish MOD is now updated with sounds.

Turkish MOD v.1.1 Features:

- Unit Select sounds in Turkish
- Unit Order sounds in Turkish
- Diplo Music for all three leaders:
- Mehmed_II_Early.mp3 which is also the default diplo music for early, classical and medieval ages is Classical Mehter Band theme;
- Mehmed_II_Late.mp3 is edited version of Istanbul (Not Constantinople) ;
- Suleyman_Late.mp3 is edited version of Istanbul Opening (soundtrack/Midnight Express,1978), which would be more realistic if Suleiman was in rule;
- Ataturk_Late.mp3 is Rondo Ala Turca for late game with Ataturk as leader, which suits well with the modernization reforms and such;
- Turkey_Intro.mp3 is pieces of sounds edited from Istanbul (Levent Yuksel) and is the default for Turkish diplo screen.

Dude, threads that are three years dead deserve to remain dead. Also, the Turks are included in BTS and Warlords (or are they called the Ottomans?). Regardless, they are basicly the same.

To answer your question, this mod will not work with BTS or Warlords. Both X-Packs added new XML tags. That if missing, will really mess up the game.

EDIT: Please dont take this offensivly, it is just that bringing back threads that havent been touched in three years is somewhat considered to be annoying.

lopaz. When this mod was made there was no Turkish Civ in the game. That's why there was no reason to resurrect it. It seems we have some necromancers in our midst ;).

Top Bottom