Citizen Group: Nationalist Party for Ultimate Sovereignty (NPUS)

Armed_Maniac

Soldati
Manifesto of the Nationalist Party for Ultimate Sovereignty (NPUS)​

Please do NOT post here unless you are a member. Please keep the discussions party-related. This is a thread for people to get to know the party and join up. If you must talk to me, PM me and I will gladly answer your question, and I could even give you my messenger for more effective and fast discussions. Thank you for understanding and not making another discussion thread out of this.

I. Goals of the party:
1. Auto-sufficiency
The party is strongly for auto-sufficiency. This includes, but is not limited to, control of every type of resources, luxuries, and control of the holy city of our religion. It also stands for an acceptable scientific progress. In other words, we want the nation to be able to prosper without any outside help, for such elements can be unpredictable, unfair, or could even turn against us.

2. National Unity
The party is strongly for national unity. We are one great civilization, and we all belong to it. By this, we push the adoption of nationhood and State government. We must all move as one, and not let things such as religion separate us.

3. Distinctivity
We are a unique people, and our culture should represent that. By that, we promote any means to increase our culture and to inspire aw from other civilizations. We shall use this to gain territory, to ease relations, and to cause unrest in rival cities. We strongly encourage the construction of great wonders, and technologies others may not have.

4. International Respect
We want, in most situations, respect of our rival countries. Be it with having our words backed by nuclear weapons or a strong army, an imposing culture, their dependence on our resources, or simply a good history, having good dealings with everyone helps by giving us the upper hand on deals, and by giving our words more influence. This also helps us get elected as the UN secretary general, which is a position our nation must have. This article also includes sending missionaries of our state religion in other nations, for their citizens to be more envious of our civilization.

5. Non-Aggression
War, though sometimes necessary, is dangerous. Rivals can sometimes have strong friends, hidden forces, trained forces, forces in good positions to cripple us, or can also be used as buffers between a dangerous nation and us. Therefore, war should only be used as a last resort, or unless we know all possible outcomes and the gain is worth the risk. War is only to be used after cultural conversion has failed.

6. Ultimate Sovereignty
This is one of the most important aspects of the party. This implies that our government must have total control over our cities, at all times. For this, we insist that every city must be barricaded with multiple military units, in order to assure the citizens of their safety. It also means that the cities have to be kept happy in order to protect them from mischievous influences. Intelligence must also be a strong, in order to keep ourselves from being infiltrated, exposed, and even damaged.

II. Organization of the party
The party will be run by an elected representative and the spokesman. The members will have power in internal issues of the party.
A. The party representative
A1. The party representative will be elected by the members of the party among a list of nominees assigned by the spokesman.

A2. The party representative has to strive for the highest position of power he can attain, in order to better ensure the respect of the party’s values and goals.

A3. The party representative is voted in for a month, and cannot be elected for more than three months in a row.

A3-1. Non-confidence election: A representative can be forced to resign from the post prematurely if a petition with one-third of the members is sent to the spokesman, who will find a replacement until the next election.

B. The Spokesman
The spokesman (me) is a permanent member, and cannot be forced out of the party. He will talk for the party and shall be treated with respect. He is to take control of the party temporarily should there be no representative for any given reason.

C. The Member
The member has the power to influence internal affairs. He should be asked his opinion in various policies, and has the right to compete against the representative for a status of power in the game.

C1. The member is to be addressed before any changes in policies or important decisions are issued.

C2. A member cannot be expelled for without a reason. The spokesman has the final say in such affairs.

C3. Members are encouraged to take positions of influence in order to better represent the party.

C4. Members hold the powers of the party. Any issues affecting them must be approved by them, and they can overthrow any figure of the party if they have enough support from themselves.

D. Inter/intra-party fraud
Inter-party fraud will result from any penalty up to expulsion, at the spokesman’s desicetion.

D1. Examples of fraud would be adding names to petitions, or pretending to be someone else.

D2. All polls will be open in order to determine who’s voting and if the votes are valid.

D3. Non-members who participate in inter-party polls may be denied the right to join in the future.

III. Changing a policy from the manifesto
A. Policies may be subject to change. A petition with more than half of the members or an appeal by either the representative or the spokesman will issue a discussion on the subject and a poll to determine the outcome.

B. If a new policy is accepted, it will either be implemented immediately or at the next election, at the spokesman’s will.

IV. Applying for membership
A. Anyone may apply for the party, but it is preferred for members to be part of no organizations that might have conflicting goals or ideas.
B. To join, you can simply have to leave a message in this thread saying ‘I apply to this organization’.
C. In order to better identify members, it is suggested (I know that with all those tagsm our sigs can get too long) that you put ‘(Member) of the Nationalist Party for Ultimate Sovereignty’ in your signature.

This post will count all the members and tell their position. Feel free to PM me with comments or questions.

Elected Representitive: (none yet)
Acting Representitive: Armed_Maniac
Spokesman: Armed_Maniac

Members:
Armed_Maniac
RoboPig
Imerator29
Sticky Fingers
Cosmic Fist
loveandpolitics
GeorgeOP​

I'll join too.

Well, seeing how much time i get to check in on this site and update/read everything, members may now post in here... I'm modifying the first post to say this, plus doing a few corrections/clarifications, as always...

Well, feel free to talk here now members... If one of you must ask me something, i would prefer you did it here, because my inbox is gonna be full soon and i'm gonna have to clean things up...

goood :mischief:

Well, feel free to post here, or PM me if ya gotta say something to me. The party is growing slowly, but it is growing... once we have enough members ill start making you vote on things... ;)

(edit:the forums just acted weird on me... hmmmm...)

As a note, i would like to point out that this party does not wish to have total power over the demogame... What might confusion could be this...

6. Ultimate Sovereignty
This is one of the most important aspects of the party. This implies that our government must have total control over our cities, at all times. For this, we insist that every city must be barricaded with multiple military units, in order to assure the citizens of their safety. It also means that the cities have to be kept happy in order to protect them from mischievous influences. Intelligence must also be a strong, in order to keep ourselves from being infiltrated, exposed, and even damaged.

By goverment, I really mean the goverment and not this party. In other words, I do not want this party to control all, but for our country to be all powerfull...

Just felt like it needed to be clarified...

Also, i think this one was misunderstood before... just felt like i should clarify a bit too...
1. Auto-sufficiency
The party is strongly for auto-sufficiency. This includes, but is not limited to, control of every type of resources, luxuries, and control of the holy city of our religion. It also stands for an acceptable scientific progress. In other words, we want the nation to be able to prosper without any outside help, for such elements can be unpredictable, unfair, or could even turn against us.

This does not mean we don't want to trade with others, but simply that we want to be able to prosper were we to be left alone...

This is party related sort-of; I would like to encourage all members of our fine party, to vote for a code of laws.

Edit: here's the link

I was thinking that this game needed a good mercantilist/political realist party based on state sovereignty. I like it and I want to join. (If you need any help expanding on that manifesto - I'm a political science student)

I'm all for economic liberalism in the real world but in Civ (which is the real world though?) I'm all for State Sovereignty!

Welcome, new members. The list shall be updated...

Cool, that's my birthday present! The only 2 new members in a long time join at my birthday... lol :)

Yeah, well, feel free to discuss things and wathever... Our party is small, but it is strong :king: .

Political science eh? What is that class anyways... and to what careers does it lead? It's an interesting field, to say the least, but since i'm not at university yet, i contemp myself by reading... which i'd have to do anyways... Okay, i'm going nowhere so i'll shut up. Welcome once more....

Hmmmm.. since the demogame started i beleive it is time to vote for a representitive... post if you want to be nominated and we'll have elections...

To nominate, you need 3 things:

1) be active and plan to be active
2) own vic4
3) be a member of no other group that could cause a conflict of interests

Also, feel free to post wathever, we will not gather new members if this thread is hidden in the 4th page of the forum :lol:

GeorgeOP said:
Good news fellow party members! I have been given the title Director of Intelligence. I hope everyone here wins their respective elections.

Great news indeed... Keep up the good work (and this party is always open to recruit new members):king:

I WISH TO JOIN...

but sovereignty, should be about true, citizen sovereignty, as the founding fathers wanted...

each man is a king without subjects, and is subject to no one.. and no gov't..... the gov't works for him... all of us.. as kings.

we are all kings... the gov't is our servant, is how its supposed to be.

the 14th ammendment is your enemy... it made you a citizen which is under the jurisdiction of the feds...

its supposed to be the other way around... the feds under us.....

thats my point... everything doesnt matter, if the constitution isnt law.

and its isnt anymore.... it should be..

we have to make it that way again.

-MT

I am not familiar with your constitution, however the relationship between goverment and people is healthiest as a symbiotic relationship, and not as one of parasitism (by either party). The citizens should remain soveraign among the world mass, and the goverment should remain souveraign among the world powers, that is the stance of this party. However due to member inactivity (atleast on this thread), and my aversion to shamefull bumps, this party has slumbered, but may rise again!

if by constitution, you are argueing along the lines of capital letters and so forth i apologiZE.... but you get the point.

i do see you point of.... EXTENDING the same kingship and nobility on all other people who are not american.... of course.

but if your suggesting a break down of the border concept... i would be apposed generally... it is of utmost importance that mankind take a completely different approunch to its prosperity.

prosperity does not come from global markets... it comes from self sufficient little countries... working side by side.. and helping each other.

each a kingdom of kingdoms... full of kings and queens.. and princes and princessess....

that should be your plateform and foundation.

peace thru sovereignty and self sufficiency... and assitance doing so, by a cooperative world wide union of nations dedicated to the logistics needs, and development needs of various nation states into prosperity..

and too do so.. they need only follow a clear plan of action as ii have put forth.... it is of such clear simplicity, that in many ways.. it may seem obsurd............ crazy...

its love.. sharing, caring and cooperative organization with the assiatance of modern science and technology...

are you prepared to learn how to empliment love?

or do you insist on a hard line about what your party is about and its goals and purpose...

you said... it can be modified by the membership.. i.e..

you can adopt my proposals... and if not.. then put forth the reasons and understanding so that the plan... as put forth may be modified and improved.

-MT

Mosheh Thezion said:
if by constitution, you are argueing along the lines of capital letters and so forth i apologiZE.... but you get the point.

i do see you point of.... EXTENDING the same kingship and nobility on all other people who are not american.... of course.

but if your suggesting a break down of the border concept... i would be apposed generally... it is of utmost importance that mankind take a completely different approunch to its prosperity.

prosperity does not come from global markets... it comes from self sufficient little countries... working side by side.. and helping each other.

each a kingdom of kingdoms... full of kings and queens.. and princes and princessess....

that should be your plateform and foundation.

peace thru sovereignty and self sufficiency... and assitance doing so, by a cooperative world wide union of nations dedicated to the logistics needs, and development needs of various nation states into prosperity..

and too do so.. they need only follow a clear plan of action as ii have put forth.... it is of such clear simplicity, that in many ways.. it may seem obsurd............ crazy...

its love.. sharing, caring and cooperative organization with the assiatance of modern science and technology...

are you prepared to learn how to empliment love?

or do you insist on a hard line about what your party is about and its goals and purpose...

you said... it can be modified by the membership.. i.e..

you can adopt my proposals... and if not.. then put forth the reasons and understanding so that the plan... as put forth may be modified and improved.

-MT

You do realise this is the CivIV Demo Game right? A game of CivIV that is played through democracy by a bunch of people at this forum, and that this is a entity of that game (though really has no power). Also, I must point out I am not american, and this party supports (in the game, of course) our civ's nationality. And note that I do not necessarly agree 100% with everything I have written in this party's manifesto, I made it to be radical so we could do different from 'moderate' parties who pretty much all want the same thing, however I posted this a little too late so another group 'stole' potential members, and my computer screwed up so I am not able to play the game.

Top Bottom