Double Culture from some wonders?

saetrum

Chieftain
Has anyone else noticed that at some point in the game (early game for me) they get double the listed culture from wonders like stonehenge and oracle? I'll try to get a screen shot of it. Has anyone else seen this?

edit: This is on Noble difficulty.

Building Hindu Mandir, Islamic Mosque, Jewish Synagogue, Taoist Pagoda, Christian Cathederal, or Buddhist Stupa will increase your culture production in the city it is built by 50%. Could this be why?

Once a Wonder has been around long enough it gets double culture.

By design. Just like in Civ3,

Not only wonders, other building double their culture output after a while too.

Unfortunately, this is my first game in the series. I haven't played Civ 3. Is this documented in the manual somewhere? or do you guys know how long a "while" is before this effect occurs. I'm trying to get a handle on some of these things I should know.

Thanks!

Any building that generates culture will start producing double the listed amount of culture if it has stood for 1000 years or more. I'm not sure they remembered to document this in Civ 4, but it was the same in Civ 3. It's just to make sure that the oldest buildings of your empire are the most culturally significant.

Yes, seen this too. I though it was a bug. I made a new thread about it on Apolyton site.

I spent 10 hours trying to figure out what the heck was going on.

So it is a design feature. I wish Firaxis would update this in there patches.

Any building get double cutlure points after a long time.

By the way, I notice if I capture a Wonder or Holy Shrine, it gives all normal bonus, but the culture output of the Wonder or Shrine is zero!! :eek:

Is this a bug?:confused:

Xerxes_Pi,

It is by design that you don't get culture from captured wonders or shrines. Something to the effect that since your culture didn't build them you would not get cultural recognition for them. This is a carry-over form Civ3.

Thank you for the reply. :goodjob: I was going crazy re-installing my game. I thought it was a bug from the patch or one of my mods. I do hope they place this information in to the next patch update!

I never played Civ 3 and was not aware of this.

Top Bottom