New Unit: Gurka(1/28/2006)

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword
Only reason this guy isn't in the Indian Pack is because he's not actually from India, but Nepal. In fact, if Nepal was a civ, the Gurka would be Nepal's Unique Unit. They served as Nepal's best soldiers, and today are used as mercanaries by India and England.

BTW everyone thank Steph(The mastermind behind all civ3 unit-making), because if it weren't for him this and my other Indian Rifleman wouldn't have been possible

Animated Preview:

Attachments

• Gurka.zip
    337.7 KB · Views: 712
I thought you wanted a late 19th century one? Oh crap....:blush:

Problem with the Gukri is in order for me to do one I have to have a reasonable prop to pass off as one. Its not a question of not doing it, its just that I don't have a prop for it.

And it is bright..in fact it looks like its glowing(unforseen side effect of the unit's coloration). Sort of similiar to desert camo or any similiar looking clothing in the bright sun.

I'm not sure a desert cloth when it's covered with dust can be so bright...

Nothing against a late 19th century... Except I need a middle 19th century Indian, as Bebro made a Sikh Rifleman that can be used for my WWI period, but I have nothing for the imperialism period

Looking great... :goodjob: Will this one be joining in the unit making competition like you said?

In your preveiw, it appears that he is floating. I know it's a pain to redo things, so remember to double check all these details before rendering. :)

edit: After downloading the unit, there are quite a number of little errors in this unit, similar to your previous units. The dafault pose looks awkward; imagine holding that rifle like that with one hand all day. The default should probably be a more natural pose. In the fortify animation, the feet move rather awkwardly--they just sort of slide around. Also the canteen/bag on the right hip mysteriously moves to his back. The attack animation is okay. In the death animation, the feet pass through the ground plane, and again, it looks like the unit is sliding rather than falling. The run animation is okay too.

utahjazz7 said:
In your preveiw, it appears that he is floating. I know it's a pain to redo things, so remember to double check all these details before rendering. :)

edit: After downloading the unit, there are quite a number of little errors in this unit, similar to your previous units. The dafault pose looks awkward; imagine holding that rifle like that with one hand all day. The default should probably be a more natural pose. In the fortify animation, the feet move rather awkwardly--they just sort of slide around. Also the canteen/bag on the right hip mysteriously moves to his back. The attack animation is okay. In the death animation, the feet pass through the ground plane, and again, it looks like the unit is sliding rather than falling. The run animation is okay too.

Yeah I noticed the death error appears in a few directions after I made the flc. :blush:

Steph: Guess I'll make one more rifleman for you, easy enough..:)

Purty dang cool unit!

I believe the unit you are referring to is Gurkha not Gurka, not trying to be a know it all or anything just wanted to let you know.

Top Bottom