• Strider

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Abstain

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RoboPig said:
3). Didint put a banner in avatar :p

Well, I didn't put a banner in my avatar for the campaign. I put it there right after I was elected Minister of Science of the first term, that was long before the game was created.

4-14-16-2

I'm actually winning... really surprising. I wasn't even expecting 16 people to recognize me, much less vote for me.

After Bilkbirds effort during term 1 i am very surprised he does not have a larger share of the votes, am yet to vote as im undecided who to vote for.

Damn, foiled in my plan for domination of the science depatment and from there I could rule the world!!! *Maniacal Laughter*:lol: :lol:

Anyway good race Strider, I guess you win. I am sure you will do a great job.:)

IamSid said:
Damn, foiled in my plan for domination of the science depatment and from there I could rule the world!!! *Maniacal Laughter*:lol: :lol:

Anyway good race Strider, I guess you win. I am sure you will do a great job.:)

you still have 2 more days, so don't give up yet. :)

Dear friends,

It is totally out of character for me to concede defeat before it has been cut in stone. However, Real Life situation has emerged to make me realize I won't be having time to actively participate in this game any more - regardless of the outcome of this election. Therefore I'd like to take this chance to say farewell to you.

I was new to the Demogame when I came here, it was shortly after the start of the Civ 4 Demogame Warmup. I was instantly hooked by the unique concept of the game and the way how people here put it to work. I was amazed and excited, inspired and motivated. So I joined in and spent a lot of time here. Now as I look back, it has been a short but intense, I dare say passionate experience for me.

However, the time was anything but wasted, at least from my point of view. Despite of my being a rookie, I was instantly accepted by the community. My participation was acknowledged, my efforts appreciated. I felt home here, and I felt alive. For that I'm endlessly thankful, especially to many veterans of the game who helped me time and again.

I am a sentimental person, so I better cut this short. I will be come by here from time to time to look around, and maybe even rejoin this lovely community actively in, say, two years. I'm very confident that some of you will still be around then, and I wish a few would still recognize me.

As a final word, I'd like to stress that my withdraw from this game has no causal connection with my evidently disastrous performance in this election and the cause of it - although the outcome now certainly enables a smooth transition of the office. I am not fleeing from some people who I have obviously alienated recently - but I'm aware some of you may not believe that. (For those who do believe me and are curious, I'm currently moving, and things have gotten complicated, giving me some new insights about my life.) It's less than satisfying to go away like this, but I'm not sorry for the stand I've taken, only for the fact I won't be here to hold it any longer.

In the end, no matter if you're glad, sad, or utterly indifferent about me leaving, I do wish you all well for this game - and what's more, for the sake of this game.

See you around some time! Good night, and good luck.

Greetings,

Blkbird

PS: In case you don't know yet, my Deputy Mike Lemmer has quitely withdrawn from the game a few days ago.

Blkbird,

I'll be sad to see you go, but given your RL situation it's the honorable thing to do. Sometimes we have players who don't recognize that RL impact will hurt them in the game and hurt others by their absence. As you said, election results make it easier, but if you're anything like the others who have come before you, it's probably still very painful to leave.

Though we have had some differences of opinion and your style rubbed some people the wrong way, I hope all will acknowledge that you have made many important contributions to the game. I (and others) advocated a fresh start and you have been one of the key ingredients to making it happen.

Best of luck wherever life takes you, and if you should happen to pass by our little civilization from time to time, be assured we have a place for you. :D

Regards,
DaveShack

Blkbird, if you ever get you lif back in order, your welcome back whenever you want. It was good to have you!:goodjob:

since blkbird has withdrawn, should we restart the poll? blkbirds 6 votes could put IamSid in the lead.

Traditionally, I don't think we've done that.

As official Censor of the Citiziens Assembly, I declare this poll valid and Declare Strider Term 2 Minister of Science. I apologize to IamSid if he feels the 6 voters should get a chance to re-vote. I don't have the power to do that, but if you bring it up with the new Judiciary, i'm sure they could sort this out!

Its no problem, I was not counting on winning against a great Demogamer like Strider anyway and it is amazing that I got as close as I did and I would like to thank all the people who voted for me.

Top Bottom