Greenmod 2.10 - Resources for Fall from Heaven 0.95

DanoDavid

Chieftain
This ist a mod component especially for Fall from Heaven 0.95:

In this zip-file are only the modified and added files necessary to make the Greenmod 2.10 resources available.
Added resources: cannabis, coffee, pearls, lemons, salt, cotton and potatos

It should work if you simply copy the contains to your mod-dir were FFH095 is located.

If not, tell me! :scan:

hello

Curious to try out new resources and this seems to be the closest available - but my question, is there a version available for vanilla 1.61, just purely to add new resources to the game?

Trudging through the tuts to try figure it out - thanks for your help

tc

Ok teeceethree,

i made a small mod including only the 7 Resources out from Greenmod.

You can download it here.

Simply extract the zip-file in your mod-folder. The mod is called 7Res. Please tell me if it works.

Good Luck

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help, most kind and very appreciated:goodjob:

However, i dont seem to be able to see any new resources when i kick off a new game. I put the extracted zip into the mods folder, loaded the 7Res mod, and tried both a new game and custom scenario, and when i went into worldbuilder (which i guessed was the best way to see if the new resources are available), nana, zip, nothing new alas, only the normal resources.

I did try experimenting last week, using your original as a reference, but had the same issue - nothing seemed to make the game see the resources.

Thanks again for your time, and if youre not sure about the answer, dont worry and thanks again for trying;)

Can you send me a saved game? I have no idea yet about the problem. In my case it function properly.

Did you have error messages?

Its working fine for me, he most likly has an extra folder layered over the mod which is preventing it from being read, a classic newb error.

Oh I noticed their is one luxury not included the Tobaco resorce by Robert Judge Woerheide. Perhaps you were intending for Hemp to replace it, personaly I would like to see it included in the next version. I can upload a version which has it if you need it.

On and on a side note I am going to make some modifications of my own, I think we have too many cash crops centered around Plantations/Calender. I'm going to switch a few of the things like cotton and hemp over to producing hammers and move around the enable techs.

Thanks Impaler,

yeah, after a while i had the same feeling: thats a directory thing ;)

Oh, i wasn't aware of a tobacco resource out there :eek:. Can you post the link here? And yes, i will include it! And yes, i need it!!!

I am also interrested in your ideas for a small mod.

Here ya go, I trimmed off all the fat (for some crazy reason the original author included such unessary files as UnitInfos.xml and DiplomacyText.xml. Only stuff pertaining to Tobaco should be here. The Icon is modified from Wheat+Incence and the Maps object is just plain Spices if I remember correctly.

thank you David and Impaler, bang on, this is the first time ive tried to mod civ and i did have a folder too many - moved it up a layer and bingo!:goodjob:

so thanks for the tip and the cool mod, gonna go give her a spin!

Thanks dudes!!:D

Ok, i included tobacco. The mini icon is not that nice yet, maybe i find another one like a smoking cigar or something like that. And i have a little problem with pink buttons for tobacco when pressing Ctrl-R. I think i had that effect once but don't remember the case.

Anyway here for download. And if anybody is aware of another resource out there give me the link.

Thanks.

Oh, i forgot to mention that not allways all resources appear on a new map. Maybe its a little overloaded or the map scripts have there a blocking range. For the next version i have to switch down the placement randoms a little. That might help.

Hey great idea! Just one question when I bring up the resources on the map all the new ones, clams and gems have pink dots over them. Any ideas? Also what program is used to edit TGA files?

Thanks.

You mean when you press ctrl-r in the main window?

I only had pink dots over tobacco. Which resources are shown with a pink dot in your case? I have still no idea whats the cause.

I use a trial version of Paint Shop Pro to edit the tga-files.

DanoDavid said:
You mean when you press ctrl-r in the main window?

I only had pink dots over tobacco. Which resources are shown with a pink dot in your case? I have still no idea whats the cause.

I use a trial version of Paint Shop Pro to edit the tga-files.

Yes when you bring up the resources on the main screen, also when you view them in the world builder.

I think I found the problem for mine, maybe yours. I didn't have the files installed correctly.

Its a know issue tobacco graphics were made with bad Alpha layer, hope an artist type can correct this at some point.

DanoDavid said:
Ok, i included tobacco. The mini icon is not that nice yet, maybe i find another one like a smoking cigar or something like that. And i have a little problem with pink buttons for tobacco when pressing Ctrl-R. I think i had that effect once but don't remember the case.

Anyway here for download. And if anybody is aware of another resource out there give me the link.

Thanks.

Oh, i forgot to mention that not allways all resources appear on a new map. Maybe its a little overloaded or the map scripts have there a blocking range. For the next version i have to switch down the placement randoms a little. That might help.

Is the file still available on filefront?
it says that the file is not available. Can you please upload it again? :)
a new resources mod for vanilla civ would be neat.

A new mod (Extended Mod on the Mods page) adds Rubber and SaltPeter, might want to include these as well.

@ etrym: The file is available. Please try again.

@ Impaler: Thanks. I will add them after the world cup ;).

@DanoDavid

In case you are interested, here is a mod I have compiled with 14 resources (including the ones you have posted from Greenmod). I have posted a patch for my modpack with all but one of these and thought that maybe my efforts could save you some time.

This can either be used as a standalone mod or incorporated into other mods. Please feel free to tweak, improve upon or modify as you see fit.

DOWNLOAD 14Resources Mod - version 2

To install, extract the archive to your "MODS" directory.

View Readme
Spoiler :
14 Resources for Vanilla Civ4 version 1.61
(compiled by Amra - Updated as of 07/26/2006)
This uses 8Res mod by DanoDavid as a base.

Here are 14 resources (including Ancient Temples) that I am using in a Resource Patch for my modpack. I have tweaked some of the new resource appearance rates & yields. I also added 3 buildings & 2 improvements to use with some of the resources. I take no credit for most things in this mod. Almost everything was done by someone else, all I did was put it together in one mod. Please see credits below for more details.

In my modpack and here, Sulphur is required for Unit Classes: Musketman, Rifleman, Grenadier, Cannon, & Cavalry; and Rubber is required for Unit Classes: Marine & Artillery. I can't guarantee that these requirements are play balanced though, as I am still testing that in my modpack. I do not have Saltpeter in my modpack.

This can either be used as a standalone mod or incorporated into other mods. Please feel free to tweak, improve upon or modify as you see fit.

New Resources Reveal Techs Yields
------------- ------------ ------
Ancient Temple (Start of game) +0F +0H +1G (+4G with Explored Temple)
Barley (Start of game) +2F +0H +0G (+2F with Farm)
Coffee (Start of game) +1F +0H +1G (+3G with Plantation)
Cotton (Machinery) +0F +0H +1G (+3G with Plantation)
Hemp (Start of game) +0F +0H +1G (+2G with Plantation)
Lemons (Start of game) +1F +0H +0G (+1F +1G with Plantation)
Natural Gas (Combustion) +0F +1H +0G (+2H +2G with Offshore Platform or Pipeline)
Pearls (Start of game) +0F +0H +1G (+1F +2G with Fishing Boat)
Potatoes (Start of game) +1F +0H +0G (+3F with Farm)
Rubber (Chemistry) +0F +1H +2G (+2G with Plantation)
Salt (Start of game) +0F +0H +1G (+1F +3G with Quarry)
Saltpeter (Gunpowder) +0F +1H +1G (+1H +1G with Mine)
Sulphur (Gunpowder) +0F +0H +1G (+2G with Mine)
Tobacco (Start of game) +0F +0H +2G (+4G with Farm)

New Improvements
----------------
Explored Temple (requires Ancient Temple)
Pipeline (requires Natural Gas)

New Buildings
-------------
Brewery (requires Barley & Construction) Cost 150H, +1F (+10% with Natural Gas)
Tavern (requires Brewery & Wine) Cost 200H, -10% WW, +25% Commerce, +1 Happy with Wine, Tobacco or Coffee
Natural Gas Plant (requires Natural Gas, Ecology & Factory) Cost 250H, +10%H +10%G, Provides power

Known Issues
------------
- Brewery & Tavern show up in city at odd angles. If anyone could fix this for me, I would be very thankful.

Version Details
---------------
** Version 2 **
- Fixed trade route error with Brewery
- Reduced Brewery food bonus with natural gas to -10% (was 50%)
- Reduced Tavern war weariness to -10% (was -25%)
- Fixed pink build icon for pipeline

** Initial version **
- Started with 8Res mod by DanoDavid (using resources from Greenmod by Master Lexx)
- Added Rubber & Saltpeter resources from Extended Mod by Ganart
- Changed 8Res mod Tobacco to Barley (with touch ups) & made new resource for Tobacco (based on corn)
- Added Brewery & Tavern buildings by Duke van Frost
- Added Natural Gas resource, Pipeline & Plant from Sevomod (Full credit & kudos to Sevo)
- Created new resource icons & fonts for Tobacco, Barley & Natural Gas
- Changed reveal tech for cotton to machinery

Credits
-------
Master Lexx & DanoDavid - Original 8 Greenmod resources plus Ancient Temples
Sevo - Natural Gas resource, Pipeline improvement & Natural Gas Plant building
ganart - Rubber & Saltpeter resources
Duke van Frost - Brewery & Tavern buildings
Amra - New Tobacco & Barley resources. Icons & fonts for Tobacco, Barley & Natural Gas. New Resource atlas

Amra the Brewery and Tavern Buildings are showing up very odd in the City, their tiny and at an odd diagonal angle from the rest of the Buildings. I cant see the GasPlant at all.

I like the inclusion of Barley but I think the Barley farm needs a little work its too brown, looks like everything is dead. Also the amount of Food from Barley is just HUGE, it needs to be toned down.

Also Sulphur apears to be super rare (actualy its not showing up at all)

Top Bottom