Gloster gladiator (biplane)

nautil

Warlord
It was said in F35 JSF thread that it would be nice to have some kind of biplane, to span all major generations of aircrafts, and here it comes - Gloster Gladitor MKII
First i upload british version, later tonight a german one will follow.

N.B. in my last thread - FockeWulf 190a, i accidentally iploaded wrong archive, without important textures, now everything is ok. So if u want that model make sure you download new updated zip.

Update : Since this plane was used by both sides -Axis and Aliesduring WWII, i decided to make german version of this biplane. Render and archive are in post # 10

Attachments

• gladiatorrender.jpg
    gladiatorrender.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 502
  • gladiatorscreen.jpg
    gladiatorscreen.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 768
  • gladiatorpoly.jpg
    gladiatorpoly.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 394
  • gladiator.zip
    145.7 KB · Views: 489
Very, very cool unit. That should make the historical modders happy! :thumbsup:

Man! You should write a tutorial, "How to model low-poly plane in 10 minutes" :D

Rabbit said:
Man! You should write a tutorial, "How to model low-poly plane in 10 minutes" :D

Lol ! in fact it takes not much more time to make something like this ... in addition i made all model during purim holidays ,so now i have just to skin it

Good work and amazing speed, man. Do they just grow on a farm near you?
Could you do this plane when you find time? It's a little pointless because polish forces are wiped out in a few turns in Paasky's mod but maybe somebody else will use it. It has a very nice design don't you agree.

Hardner said:
Cool, nice job!!:goodjob: It's a wwii airplane, right?

Yes it's from WWII. Nice job again nautil. :goodjob:

How do you churn out models so quickly?

Rabbit_Alex said:
Yes it's from WWII. Nice job again nautil. :goodjob:

How do you churn out models so quickly?
Well in Israel there's a holiday for every week of the year pretty much and once you drank all the wine and sang "Hava nagila" for the umpteenth time there's plenty of time left to model the entire WW2 plane collection. :D :rockon:

continued from first post

Attachments

• germangldrrender.jpg
    germangldrrender.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 303
  • gladiatogerman.zip
    143 KB · Views: 229
sharick said:
Good work and amazing speed, man. Do they just grow on a farm near you?
Could you do this plane when you find time? It's a little pointless because polish forces are wiped out in a few turns in Paasky's mod but maybe somebody else will use it. It has a very nice design don't you agree.

Yes, it's truly very unusual design, i'd make it with pleasure. But unfortunately, i just made brief search and found no pictures that i need to model it properly. Later i'll look for it more profoundly, and try to dig out something. Or maybe you have or know the source of relatively good quality ( about 400X400 or more ) images with 3d view of this plane in color and blueprints ?

To everybody else, who need any aircraft modeled, i'll be glad to make it, just please, supply stuff that i mentioned above

I have a 3-view image for the Pzl.11, but I'm going to Tallin for the weekend.

Btw, does this model originate from the one I gave you?

Real Finnish Markings on the Gladiator!! :woohoo: Now i'll have to have 2 different versions of the L_FIGHTER_GBR, but who cares! :D It even has 2 different camouflages in the same plane, prob because we had to use anything we could get :p

Actually this plane isn't exactly from WWII, it was just used in it. It was created in the mid-30's. Same thing as the Pzl.11.

Top Bottom