Earth2000.OneBillion

Bungus

Archont of Cootertown
Earth2000.OneBillion+1

Behold! After 7 years* on an arduous journey of self-discovery through the foothills of Tibet, E2K.OB has returned! And it brought with it the Kazaks, Chief Sitting Bull, and some other Great New Things!
Before E2K.OB was deemed by many the greatest Puzzle game of all time. They were, of course, talking about the perplexing assortment of patches and folder changes necessary to get the mod running up-to-date. While I thought it was a great game mechanism to tax the player's cognitive ability before he was even able to run the game itself, I received alot of feedback to the contrary.

So now the whole mod and all its updates have been placed conveniently in one zip file, here

Download and unzip the package to the Civilization 3\Conquests folder. You'll know its right when Windows warns you that you're overwriting some files. Click yes. That's the sound of me copying over your old title screen. (But if you like the conquests default screen so much, there's a copy of it where it should be, renamed "titleOriginal").

But don't you play without perusing the Read This for useless info first. To do otherwise would just be brash.
And if you perhaps you'd go so far as to read the old Earth2000.OneBillion S.e. thread. The S.e. stood for stupid edition. You may gain some insight there

*months?

\/ Download the +1.11 Patch below and unzip or extract to your "..\Civilization III\Conquests\" folder.

Attachments

• Read this or suffer the Bizzaro consequences.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,272
  • E2K OB +1.11.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 1,091
Play it and find out. There's probably alot you could learn from the civpedia. Say, about Serfdom for instance.

I started with russians and in 1570 BC the game stops responding on ai's turn.
I recall that I had the same problem with the first version of the game.
What could be wrong ?

Tks.

Did you get an error message? Someone had a problem with the old version during a game they played as the Japanese. The game went to the AI's turn, then stopped responding, without any kind of error. I tried his saved game on my computer, and the same thing happened. It just went into limbo; I couldn't figure out what the problem was.
I confident the freeze up isn't caused by any missing files, faulty referencing, editor mistakes, or any modding issues. At least, none that can be fixed. Maybe it happens periodically in regular Civ3conquests; Perhaps its some glitch with the engine. The fact that there are so many civs and units in this mod could exasterbate this. Not that it happens often: this is only the second reported instance of that happening.
All I can say is try loading a earlier saved game, and let me know if it allows you to play passed 1570 BC. I believe that worked last time.

No, upgrade paths have been correct and continue to be correct.

As I said, this problem has occured twice, out of a thousand games or so. That wouldn't account for such a low probability of occurance.

I get this one:

FILE NOT FOUND
Art\Units\aztec monk\aztec monk.INI

Help :cry:
please don't tell me to download the hole .zip again..

Don't. Its just a typo in a small INI file. Actually, I appear to have deleted the file while deleting outdated flc's. My bad. Update (2k) Attached to first post.

Bungus said:
Don't. Its just a typo in a small INI file. Actually, I appear to have deleted the file while deleting outdated flc's. My bad. Update (2k) Attached to first post.

Exellent.. Thanks..

While waited I copy'ed the egypt monk, to the aztec folder, and changed the name.. It worked fine :) perhaps it meant that the aztec monk would look like the egypt one - but hey, I couldent care less, I was european, so by the time I meet the aztec, it would proberly be out of date, anyway.. :D

But it's good to get things fixed up the right way - so thanks again..

Yes, often the Aztecs get wiped off the face of the earth, or at list crippled bad, before I get to interact with them. Unless I'm a major European country, like Spain.

Chilolo said:
But it's good to get things fixed up the right way - so thanks again..
When you guys report problems and post the exact errors recieved (if any), it makes fixing them alot easier (and quicker). So, good job with that.

Btw, how is your game going? What civ are you, what difficulty, what's the year and where are you on the tech tree?

@aotearoa: Any luck with loading a previous save? Just to doublecheck, I tried a game as the Russians and made it to 1 AD, no problems. Perhaps your seed got eaten by a bug.

Bungus said:
Btw, how is your game going? What civ are you, what difficulty, what's the year and where are you on the tech tree?

Well, let me see.. I am Celtic, I belivede that they did not have a GOOD chance when placed on that little Island, so I tryed it out, and now it is actually going pretty good, I hope.

I managede to settle Ireland (ofcourse) and also after discovery of sailing, Scotland and Shetland-Island (I think it is).

Diden't work much in sience, instead I builded a lot of units. I don't remember the year, but I had just invented mapmaking when I invaded England, hard fighting but I took it all, every bit of it exept Nottingham (wich they have placed where my atlas says Plymouth are IRL), for peace they gave me all of there sience, and they were pretty up to date, so in no time I went from Ancient time to middle age.

Then I gave my own settled citys a "break" and put them on the job of building marketplace, libary and so on, while I set the English ones to produce lots and lots of Gallic Swordsman, with 20 of those I invaded France. anyway, I had to build and ship over, just about 20-30 more before France finally was in my cold and harsh grip, so now it is all MINE.. muhaaa :crazyeye:

Now I am focusing hard on upbuilding citys, and putting a bit more effort in sience, I have sience on 6 at the moment, and it takes about 8 turns for new discovery.

My fully upgraded citys are helping me stocpile a bunch of heavy cavalry for my next invasion, against rome, and it should up and running in a matter of 2-5 turns. But I have to hurry, because gunpowder is starting to be a big issue here in these parts of the world - wish me luck :king:

Anyway, short version:
difficulty: pyrrhus (luckly for me, I diden't set it harder)
year: 610AD
goverment: monarchy
tax setting: 4.6.0
discovering: Education (3 turns left)
income: +35 (holding 307 in my wallet)
invasion army holds: 31 units, gallic swordsman and Heavy cavalry + 3 siegetowes
city protection (all citys): 22 arquebusier

So, did I forget to mention anything??? I am playing it at the moment on a computer next to this one, so its not easy to concentrate on writing too..

I do really like all the small "funny" spots you have added, if you know what I mean, a bit of sarcasme is always welcome in my home..

Yarrgh, I have to get back to the game, I can't keep Rome waiting :satan:

And I should really start thinking about finding to eat.
on the other hand, thoug I dont need to go on a diet, food can wait :goodjob:

Bungus,

Sorry for nor responding sooner.
Yep I've tried some previous saves but no luck :cry:
Anyway, there's not much to happen in 1570 BC right ? I mean how many units or wonders can be ?
I tried to attach the saves but it seems that the autosaves are quite huge (5 megs)...btw why are the autosaves so large ? Way much larger then the regular ones :)

Tks.

Yeah, I just took a look and they are in fact 5 megs, as oppose to 800 K. Don't know why. I don't really use the autosaves though.
Anyway, 1570 BC is right about when civs start picking up the tech pace, expanding, and waging wars. A few civs probably have iron working, and other third level techs. So yes, there are quite a number of new units and wonders being built at this time. But I'm sure its not the unit or buildings; that the only other person to have that problem had it in the 1300's AD (as Japan) confirms this.
Tell me, what version of Conquests do you have? English, 1.22? Its almost certainly software related, be what are you running it on? Were you about to finish production of any units/buildings or techs, or were any workers you could see about to finish a road to any resources? And if you have non-auto saves from an earlier date, post one, or the auto-save itself if you can. You can email it to me.
There is other thing you could try. It won't help you last game, but you could run a dummy game in debug mode. Pick the Incas, start the game, build a city, disband your worker, and set production to wealth. Under preferences, turn off all unit animations and turn off the option for showing friend or enemy moves. Put something heavy on the enter key, teach yourself to crochet, then check back in on the game after a couple hours, and seen what it's up too, if its frozen or what not. That way you don't waste time investing in a game you may not be able to finish.
I just double checked, and indeed, the last guy who had this problem (cHosey) restarted as the same civ, and played all the way through without a single problem.

@ Chilolo: You're cruising along there.
One thing I didn't count on was for tech to be so quickly researched at the lower difficulty levels. A bad player, natural, would not have the infrastructure in place to get new advances quickly. And a good human player would have not have anyone to swap advances with because the AI does not research tech as quick on at lower levels. Or so I figured. Having made the mod, I have the advantage of knowing more or less what lies next for the player, so I always play the higher difficulties levels. On Sun Tzu and Napolean, we hit the Middle ages around 500 AD and got Eduhcated by the 1000's
BTW, you'll want more seige towers. Seige engines are crucial for busting up heavily defended cities.

ATTENCIONE: Another update is on way.
The Slavs, of Eastern Europe, will replace the Celts. (those damn French will have to find someplace else to build "Tours") New units.
New Tech: Architecture, now necessary for a civ to enter the Renaissance. With it, semi-wonderous monuments can be built by each civ, good for a little culture boost.
New unit graphics
Reasearch rate slowed a little in the early Middle Ages
European civs like France develope slower in the ancient age
Kazaks still suck
Other gameplay tweaks
Earthish Multimap will be updated, with the some changes. However, Byzantines and Celts will still be playable, as Kazaks and Slavs will not.

Look for this within the next two days.

1.11 update: Fix for Aztec monk .INI error

In the last (1.1) update, the Aztec monk folder was in "Conquests\Scenarios\Earth 2.OneBillion\Art". It should be in "Conquests\Scenarios\Earth 2.OneBillion\Art"\units". If you figured this out and moved it there yourself, you don't need this newest update.
Otherwise, extract to your Civilization III folder.

This obviously, isn't the big update I have planned for tomorrow.

Top Bottom