Martian Cities

MaisseArsouye

gentil petit nuton
Here's a set of martian cities based on Kim Stanley Robinson's books : Red Mars, Green Mars and Blue Mars. Each era fits a technology described in the novel.

1) cities are little, mainly underground because of radiations
2) anti-radiations solution allows people to colonize mesas
3) people can build domes with aerogel
4) terraformation is quite complete, people can build outside domes

download

Utterly brilliant. Very impressed! The lighting work is the highlight for me. (that crappy pun wasn't intentional, BTW!)

Thanks for you comments.

Plotinus said:
I like these latest cities of yours - very imaginative, and beautifully rendered too.

Actually, I changed my way to design cities. I used to make it with PSP8, directly in 2D. Now, I use Blender. I design buildings, combine them to make cities, take shots, convert them to PCX and share it with you. It allows me to make much more difficult structures.

MaisseArsouye said:
Actually, I changed my way to design cities. I used to make it with PSP8, directly in 2D. Now, I use Blender. I design buildings, combine them to make cities, take shots, convert them to PCX and share it with you. It allows me to make much more difficult structures.

Well, it's a far superior method. I think these cities are leagues ahead of your earlier ones. I must confess I wasn't so keen on your earlier ones, but I think these are among the best out there. I hope we'll see many more!

There is no Maisse Soze! ;)

ery nice mr Maisse; you are creating a genre of your own with these very impressive cities :)

Perhaps you should make a thread about how you create them; i have blender too so i could use it :)

Did ever someone test it with the mars terrain out there? (course if the colour of the ground...) If yes I would like to see a screenie :D
btw good work!

Okay, here're the "Martian" city sets I have. If anyone could lend a hand to a humble & crazed Archivist and let me know which need reposting in the db -- that'd be grand.

:help: ,

Oz

Attachments

• Mars Stuff-gfx=Keroro.zip
    55.2 KB · Views: 51
  • mars_ma.zip
    77.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Marstown=Pounder.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 61
  • cities-Mars=SmokingMirror.ZIP
    158.1 KB · Views: 71
Top Bottom