2 Modern APCs

snafusmith

Unit Maker
I found some time between the insanity which has been my last 2 weeks to finish these requests for some modern APCs:

BTR80:

poly: 1400
fscale: ~0.38 (Please adjust, this is only a rough estimate)
info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTR-80

It uses custom animations so please point to the BTR80.kfm in your XML. Included are 2 different skins: A standard green (which looks very green, please don't ask me to change it, I don't have the time) and the UN paint scheme. Whichever one you decide to use, it must have the following name: BTR80.dds

M113A2:

poly: 700
fscale: 0.44 (Please adjust, this is only a rough estimate)
info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M113

This is a reskinned and animated version of my previous model. It uses custom animations, so please point to the M113.kfm in your XML. I included a marine to fire the gun. He doesn't quite match up perfectly, but good enough for all but the very closest viewing distances (Such as the screenshots).

I'm still working on the requests from my vehicle request thread. Don't be afraid to ask for something there, as I might have time to get to it.

ENJOY!

-Smitty

Attachments

• BTR80.JPG
    BTR80.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 1,487
  • BTR80.zip
    111.7 KB · Views: 562
  • M113.JPG
    M113.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,328
  • M113.zip
    91.1 KB · Views: 567
Looks good smitty :thumbsup: I'm glad you can find some time for doing these, it's good to have some R&R, even if it's frantically fulfilling dozens of requests ;) :D

These look very nice.:thumbsup: Glad you didn't stop modelling inspite of your lack of time!

Edit: Especially glad to see the gyrocopter on your shedule too! Can't wait to see that! I hope seZereth will have some Dwarfs done to acompany it by the time it's finished:)

Glad you guys like it! I do have some time to work on this stuff, just not nearly as much as I used to or would like. You can probably expect a handful more before the dark times of late July and August when I won't have a computer at all.:cry:

Updated to include M113. See first post.

Just a word for you, thank you :king:

These are great, and I'm so happy to see you able to do these for us.

Hope you are enjoying your new setting!

HPLovecraft said:
A question: Does the A.I. know how to properly utilize ground transport? Will they load troops inside land-based transports like they will sea-based ones?
No. There might be some mods in the works that will teach the AI how to do that but I haven't heard anything.

Snafusmith,
As it is possible to reduce number poly with 20000 up to 2000?
How to make so that after converting in nif model had as it is possible the smaller size(for example 80 - 150KB)

The Conquests said:
Snafusmith,
As it is possible to reduce number poly with 20000 up to 2000?
How to make so that after converting in nif model had as it is possible the smaller size(for example 80 - 150KB)

If you have it in 3ds Max format, just edit the basic model by removing polys and simplifying the geometry (curved surfaces have the most, so work there). I don't think it's possible once something has been exported to a .nif file to change the number of polys.

You can try different export methods, you can change the default export script to "stripped" or "not-stripped" and one of them would produce a lower poly model, though as far as I know it's never lower than the poly count in max and ultimately, like smitty says, you gotta reduce the poly count by editing the model itself.

Top Bottom