German Sturmtrooper

MoscaTnT said:
I'm thinking about a Castle Wolfesteind mod, perhaps I'll do a nazi-evil-secret-project zombie.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

MoscaTnT said:
I've played zombie island and the mod is amazing and very funny but there's no romero's zombies (I don't like fantasy zombies for that mod).
Thanks. There's definitely a place for your zombie in my scenario!

okay I found a BAR and a bazooka for you.

Ah yes- a Panzerfaust is still missing from the game. :) afaik this weapon was operated by merely one trooper, the weapon itself being fully dispensable and very light weight (early versions starting from 5 kilo, only). I have seen pictures of late war, 14 to 16 year old hitler youths, each carrying 3 or 4 of these into battle (on their bikes) in one go.

KingArthur said:
Thanks. There's definitely a place for your zombie in my scenario!

Ole!

Wyrmshadow said:
okay I found a BAR and a bazooka for you.

That's perfect,thanks!, I'll tray to meet you at MSN tomorrow.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Ah yes- a Panzerfaust is still missing from the game. :) afaik this weapon was operated by merely one trooper, the weapon itself being fully dispensable and very light weight (early versions starting from 5 kilo, only). I have seen pictures of late war, 14 to 16 year old hitler youths, each carrying 3 or 4 of these into battle (on their bikes) in one go.

The panzerfaust is an amazing weapon. The idea of using two soldiers is in order to represent a more useful unit, and a good animation.
Attack A: soldier P aims and shoot his panzerfaust, soldier M make MP44 cover fire.
Attack B: soldier P take the box and catch another panzerfaust, the soldier M continues cover fire.
I have to use an ammo box cause the civ animations are loops so the soldier cannot carry separated panzerfausts.
I think this could be a difficult unit to do but, if I don't get so tired after doing current works, I'll try to do it.

I've been working on the africakorps, I've done this test preview, I think it needs a darker helmet:

Un saludo

BadKharma said:
You need to have something for these great german units to fight.

Wow some Bar units would be very nice to see also.

Well, now that I have two alternate submachinegun animations on my hard disc perhaps I could do a russian red guard or comisar (I don't know how it's spelled). The problem is that rendering is very tiresome, making models and animations is faster and funnier and I'll get back to my job soon.

Afrika Korps Uniforms [CLICK] (Note: there were different uniforms in use: Light Olive, light khaki and a darker, brownish khaki). So its down to personal preference, really :)

(olive drab helmets saw use- not a good example tho since this particular pic is very dark)

here's another one (Note the differeing hue on helmets and uniforms) Caps were soon preferred over steel and tropical helmets

Stormrage said:
Nooooo.....quit your job! :D

Maybe some of the guys can jump in for you to do the rendering if you send them the files? I think it can be done..

I have actually three jobs.... that's a lot of quitting.
About the redering, That's a good idea but I don't know how it could be worked out, all the props skins and model are needed, the poser program and to know how to do minor fixes. If anyone wanna try uthajazz tutorial I can share my personal usefull props and my hand made skins (cause I'm unable to do my own model I make skins to get stripes and straps, and rotten zombies). I could also share my submachine gun animarions for Kinboat's paperdoll model, using minor fixes they works with every smg.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Afrika Korps Uniforms [CLICK] (Note: there were different uniforms in use: Light Olive, light khaki and a darker, brownish khaki). So its down to personal preference, really :)
(olive drab helmets saw use- not a good example tho since this particular pic is very dark)
here's another one (Note the differeing hue on helmets and uniforms) Caps were soon preferred over steel and tropical helmets

Thanks, it's very usefull, I was using my old 1:72 Matchbox and ESCI plastic miniatures for the model, poses and colors.

Asclepius said:
Wow! What can I say that hasn't already been said? Excellent units. Excellent animation! Bravo!

I would very much like to see your take on a "Panzerknacker" using a Panzerfaust. Here are a couple of German propoganda movies showing the Panzerfaust in action. You might find them useful. :)

Panzerfaust Film

Püppchen-Panzerschreck-Faustpatrone Film
:eek: I'm really impresed... I'll use those videos for the attack animations for sure, a lot of thanks.

MoscaTnT, understand you have lead Civ 3 C&C to a new wonderful unit era! :worship:

That looks soooo awesome. You rock! :rockon:

BadKharma said:
Looks like we keep going back to a soft cap you might try PM'ing Utah Jazz to make the hat as a poser prop.
I think I'll use a normal darker metal helmet for the afrikacorps, but I'll need the soft cap for the grenadiers unit but I don't know uthajazz well enough and he's helped me so much with his tutorial so it embarrasses me :blush:

odintheking said:
@ MoscaTnT - You should make a preview thread, since you are working on so many units. Maybe you could post previews of upcoming units in the first post. :)

good idea, where would it be located? at creation & customization?

About the afrikacorps, the animations are almost finished, I'm doing a new death and victory animation so I'll get more pregenerated animations for further units. I'll post a preview tomorrow and I hope at sunday or monday it'll be finished.

Here it's a preview of the grenadier uniform I've done, the pant's colors aren't correct, but the jacket is finished.

The zip files contains a readme and the skins for the afrikacorps and the grenadier jacket, are for PDM figure a props. I think It could be usefull for units creators.

Un saludo

Attachments

• Samples.zip
    278.4 KB · Views: 303
Yes, the main C&C forum. Glad you asked. Some people would post it here. :lol:

I would love to see a preview thread. :)

Top Bottom