Horseman's Honor Mod

Snakelover

Tank Commander
:) I have been working on a mod for a long, long time.

PM me if you want to be involved in the process of this mod.
So, go ahead and ask questions and give suggestions, advice, etc. about it here.

People who should be thanked:
odintheking
Quinzy
AlCosta
Storm Grunt
Spacer One
Avelon
Heretic Cata

People who have directly modded this so far (Besides me):
none yet

Here is a little history;

I started working on it as a scenario for vanilla Civ III. The main purpose was to only have horse units with three perfectly even civs who are totally different(This is still the heart of the mod!). One is peaceful with high defense units, one balanced, and one aggressive and offensive. The Al responded well with that. Soon after, I made the bigger better version for Conquests. :old: The idea is actually older than Civ IV!:old: I began to refine the scenario over time and then I stopped because it had too few graphics. Then, the discovery of this website has revived it, and now I have a developing mod.:king:

So far, there are five playable civs:
Dragons, whose units fly circles around all others, yet they are very expensive.(Militaristic, Commercial)
Blackmane, whose units have incredible defense and poor attack.(Religious, Scientific)
Silvertail, whose units are seemingly weak, yet incredibly fast.(Industrious, Commercial)
Redhoof, whose units are a powerful offense, yet weak in defense.(Militaristic, Expansionist)
Centuars, whose units are weak, but very cheap.(Expansionist, Religious)
And the unplayables:
Undead(Barbarians)
Horse People(Another Civ; Scientific, Industrious)
3 unnamed civs that can only use foot soldiers

I have also got an idea from Heretic Cata's mod too; factions. So far, there are
Elves
Rogues(Humans)
LOOWB(Various elite units)
Orcs
Fauns
Barbarian Centuars

Some units...
Units1.gif
Screenies from the Ancient Times test for Silvertail(Greece) as me and Redhoof(Rome) as an AI...
FirstCity.gifExtensiveEmpire.gif
Silvertail(Greece) as an AI...
SilvertailWar.gif

Completion level so far...
Most of my notes are good ones.
Silvertail's unit structure works perfectly for the ancient era!
Refhoof's unit structure works perfectly for the ancient era!

I know about them already.;)
Before I posted this, I had gone pretty far into the creation of this mod, finding every mounted unit that I found suitable for it.
Thanks, though.:goodjob:

Okay, here are some pointers for mod making:

If you're doing a mod, you can't ask for a team in the first thread. If you want a mod, you have to do the bulk of it yourself. Other people may help you with a few ideas and graphics, but you'll have to do the biq itself, unless you have someone who has lots of ideas, and wants to borrow the biq (trust me, I know all this from experience). Also, you need to post more info about the mod. What's the story? Who are the civs and their culture/leaders? Do you have anything done yet? If so, post previews of what you have. If not, use some images to show what units you'll be using, or what your "balanced unit lines" are like. If you post images, more people will respond. Also, you're not going to get all the units you need, or a unit creator exclusively for your mod (unless that creator is you, :)). Post a few requests, and use placeholders til then. They might be made, they might not be. Also, your mod may take a little while for people to get interested, and the units might not be made for a while (KingArthur has been requesting a zombie for years, and he barely got one now, and his is one of the better known scenarios, :eek: ). Read Plotinus' tutorial, and you can start modding, it's really easy to follow and you'll be making your mod in no time. But most importantly, don't give up, :).

I have 32 unit animations gathered for the ancient times and counting...
This is only the tip of the iceberg!:crazyeye: I'm going to die!:lol:
untitled.GIF
Not all of them may be used though. I'm just going to keep them so people can mod the mod.

Pretty much no one else aside from odintheking is giving any criticism, comments, or suggestions. This thing is almost a month old and people just don't seem interested yet.

well i'd post more regularly but i'm caught up in several other mods.
so, have you any unit lines worked out? and is there a background worked out? do you need any wondersplashes/tech icons?

Well, I have a little story, but it is not very developed or refined, tech icons and units are covered most of the way(I have every horse unit I could find on the site and the upgrade paths are set), buildings and rescources will wait, and the placement of the techs and the creation of their custom tree requires someone who has expirience in that area. The current top priority is placing my enormous compilations of units with their own civs.:crazyeye:

divide it into roman/greek, asian, and north european/scandanavian, egyptian/african, and american.

Thank you so much for the advice, but I am and have been using my own weird way of organizing things. It has been working well, but thanks again.:)

Top Bottom