HqNes2 - Fair, New World

You always say that, quite frankly, I dont know why you bother joining a nes when you are going to do this.

I don't beleive I sent orders.I just can't keep p with this nes for some reason.I quit until further notice.

UPDATE 5 – 600 AF

As more nations rise and tensions start growing as competition for land increases several nations turn toward increasing their military power. One of those who decide that protection is needed in such a troubled time is Higoria who initiates a massive expansion of the army. This does not go well with the commoners though who fail to see why it is necessary considering the already large size of the army. They go along with it, though grudgingly.
(Higoria: -1 Confidence)

Just as massively Higorias spending is on military, just as massive is the spending from Imperia on constructing a “high” quality road net. There is not enough to completely complete the program, but the amount of construction undertaken is, nevertheless, impressive. Apart from now being able to move relatively quickly through the land, it also aids farmers going to the cities and merchants travelling around which, in return, bring a financial benefit.
(Imperia: +Gregengrad economic centre)

Returning from a long voyage visiting the neighbouring lands king Vrasz of Dashtaka has returned home and he was pleased with what he saw. Not all was well though and to deal with it he set out on a massive spending spree. First he sponsored several local craftsmen and encouraged them to start trading with the neighbouring cities and nations which they did willingly enough. This had a positive effect on the economy making Dashtaka a true economic power… or at least a bigger power than their neighbours.
He also set up a new system of protection by making weapons training obligatory for all males over 16 years of age in order to have a stronger home defence in case of emergencies. All this was accepted by his people, though not all very equally pleased with it. Knowing the threat posed in the south from Almega they saw the wisdom in it and went along.
To train the citizen levy the king ordered the troops to drill them again and again and whilst it did make the troops somewhat better, it was not something enjoyed by most participants. The citizens felt the army was too rough and the army felt it was beneath their station resulting in several desertions and general discontent.
If the army didn’t like that, they did however approve of some proper battlefield training. Striking northwards they entered barbarian lands and made quite good progress. In fact, campaign is probably not the best description as they were aided by Almunia and had such superiority of numbers that it was more of a slaughter. Several flights of arrows descended on the unprepared barbarians making it relatively easy for the infantry to gain an advantage in the confusion and uncertainty spreading amongst the barbarian ranks. As the enemy fled they were attacked by the Almunian army and scattered for good. The success was such that the army commander sent his forces west afterward and fell upon yet another barbarian tribe. This time things were less easy and more casualties were suffered as the attack bogged down against fierce resistance.
(Dashtaka: -2 Happiness, -115 soldiers, + 1 Military Training)

To the east more warfare is in progress as Calador also embarks upon conquest. Recruiting more troops and drilling the mercilessly the Caladonian army swells to just under a thousand strong. Figuring the best use for a strong army is to employ it against others the army is ordered westward against the peaceful nation of Torpestan. Hopelessly outnumbered and with inferiors training and equipment the Torpestani are completely overrun in the initial stages of the war and retreats to their capital. Managing to get most livestock and grain in from the outlaying farms before the Caladonian army arrives they bar the gates and prepare for a siege.
With his troops not having enough supplies to outlast the defenders the general has a tough choice between storming the walls or retreating. Considering his advantages he eventually orders the archers to exhaust their entire supply of arrows before sending in his troops. Even so the battle is a close thing as the defending troops fight tenaciously and it isn’t until the archers are committed to the assault that the balance finally swings. The Caladonian troops finally emerge victorious, but at a tremendous cost.
(Calador: -460 soldiers, - 45 archers, +2 spending points next turn from loot –Torpestan)

Moving to the front in Succubu the Iberian lord recruits more troops in an attempt to end the war with one, decisive push. However, the Iberians also recruit heavily trying to preserve their freedom. The Iberians have a slight advantage in numbers and in training allowing them a slight progress at first. Splitting the army the Iberians try to outflank the Succubi, but without much success as they pull all forces to protect the capital. Several small battles erupt and in no instance with a clear winner. The divided Iberian armies simply don’t have the numbers to overwhelm the defenders and make only slight progress. They do, however, manage to mostly encircle the capital leaving the defenders in an unenviable position. Even so, resistance continues and so far it has held. More progress came in the south where one of the commanders committed the reserves realizing that most of the opposing troops had been pulled out of the area.
(Iberia: -60 soldiers. Succubu: -100 soldiers, -1 economy)

Things are somewhat more peaceful down at Ironal, at least initially. Continuing the expansion of the economy makes Ironal stronger and stronger and all is well until a group of merchants suddenly fail to return to Ironal Mar. An investigation reveals the butchered remains of the traders in barbarian territory and despite claims of innocence the High Lord is in no mood for their so-called babblings. Instead he replies by sending in his entire army burning and slaying as he goes. Several villages are burned to the ground with all men slain whereas the women and older girls are used for sport by the soldiers. Eventually they too are killed as they are too weak to keep up. This act of terrorizing seems to work pretty well as the army starts encountering empty villages as they move further. The act has, however, caused tensions with Spret who claim the actions were unnecessarily brutal.
(Ironal Mar: -40 warriors)

Moving north we get to Syldavia who continues their advance into Phala. Having clear superiority of numbers and slightly better leadership the Syldavian troops do well against the battlehardened Phalans. It is still no easy fight and they pay in blood for every step they take. Beating a small Phalan force the Syldavian army lays siege to their capital in an attempt to force their surrender whilst focusing most troops against the barbarians east of Phala.
(Phala: -60 warriors, -1 economy. Syldavia: -110 warriors).

The war between Rajo and Mearlekrol continues unabated as Mearlekrolian forces continue their drive north taking more and more land from the outnumbered Rajan forces. Only the tactics of the Rajan commanders keep the situation from being completely hopeless. Having overthrown their king the Rajan nobility tries to negotiate a ceasefire and put an end to the war, but so far with little luck although negotiations have started.
(Rajo: -80 warriors, -1 economy. Mearlekrol: -70 warriors)

Siberia and Slava also continue to fight it out. Their forces are close to even in size, but with the advantage to Siberia for having better troops and commanders. The battle line is pretty static, but eventually Siberia manages to inflict a crushing defeat on the Slavic army causing the nation to surrender knowing that they have no chance if they continue to resist.
(Siberia: -110 warriors, +2 spending points next turn. –Slava)

Capitalia in Almega develops into a religious centre!

Diplomacy

To: Ironal
We are not sure we wish to trade with you right now.

To: Ironal
Yes, that sounds nice. We would like that.

Next Update:
Friday, July 28th at 18,00 CET and from then on that will be the deadline every week!

Here be the map :p

Attachments

• Update5.PNG
    Update5.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 90
Phew. I thought I'd forgotten to send orders for a minute there.

To: Almega

We wish to inquire if you would be interested in selling or giving us the section of land owned by you on the western bank of the river separating our two nations.

eTo Succubu
From Ibe

The time has come for your surrender. Further delay will only result in more deaths and the destruction of your people. We will forgive your resistane if you surrender now but if you refuse we will erase you from the pages of history. This is your only warning.

@Harleqin: I'm about 1/2 way done with the story I'm working on. It would have been done if it wasn't for something.......

To: Dashtaka

Yes, we will sell it to you for a barrel of gold (1 EP)

To: Ibe
You talk like a fool. We are not beaten and will never surrender. We will not stop resisting you even if it costs us the lives of everybody in our nation!

Harlequin what happened with my orders?

Sheep said:
Harlequin what happened with my orders?

Never recieved them. Be careful with the spelling. No u in my name. I see you just sent some, but haven't checked if it's for this update or the last. Since I didn't have any orders from you your nation just increased it's infrastructure last turn with the rest of the funds being taken by corrupt officials.

To: Spret
fine. we will look other where. may your Crops rot, and your Livestock flee.

To: Karak
Agreed, the copper will be Arrving shortly, and we will expect the first shipment of wood from you soon.

To Succubu
From Ibe

So be it but Isis still demands your return to the union. Whether it be by force or peace, you will join us.

Gather around, all ye young and bold
Gather around, all ye unsung and old.
Too long have we sat here idle
While this world continues to sidle

Brave men of Isis’s chosen Ibe
To the west we must drive
Never stop, never cease in your actions
As one out of many factions

Sound the trumpets, the horns, and the drums!
The price of failure is beyond all sums!
To Succubu I demand you must go
Reap the rewards you shall sow!

For king and all glories
Your name shall be recorded in these stories
Passed down forever and ever
Till Isis smashes the hammer down from the lever*

Holy Works

Years ago, when this world was new, Isis drove the barbarians from the valley and gave it to her chosen people. She taught them to settle down- to farm, mine, and grow strong. In return these people worshipped her and sang songs to her glory. Thus Ibiea was born. While Ibe originally controlled all of the land around it, states broke away when the kings of Ibe began to worship false idols. - Ibian mythology.

A large crowd had gathered in the tavern. Storms raged outside the oaken building, but the inside was dry and warm from the crackling fireplace. Men had gathered from around the surrounding farmlands when summoned by the mayor. Now the mayor stood up on the stage beside the poet.

The tavern was large- even for taverns. The building served as the main meeting point for the town. Round oak tables were spread about the floor and a large stage was set off to the side. The poet finished his piece and stepped down, giving the floor to the mayor. The mayor stood tall on the elevated platform- used mostly by performers- and spoke with a rich voice.

“Brothers, word has come from Isis**!” The crowds were drawn further into the man’s speech. The men stood around the stage while the women sat still in their seats. “The Zaphiers[3] have brought word of Isis’s demand that Ibiea[4] be restored. The king has agreed to submit to Isis’s will and has authorized the invasion of the lower realms of Succubi. He has also called for men to volunteer for the army. War has come.”

“War is here my brothers/ Let no man shudder. Now is the time to act/ To this I declare a blood pact! To Succubu was shall go/ Quiet as the spring doe. Before the gates of the city/ Shall no man be given pity.”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Ibe (pronounced Bay, the “I” is silent.) lies to the north of the river after it turns and to the west before it turns. Legends of the country’s founding allege that the chief goddess, Isis, drove the various barbarian tribes away from the valley that the city of Isis lies in and gave it to her followers. The country originally started out being ruled by a council of priests but over time the power was consolidated into the hands of a king.

Legends in Ibian mythology claim that the surrounding lands around Ibe were once part of the country –known as Ibeia- but after a while they broke away. With the ascension of Javie I to the throne, the main policy of the Ibian kings was the recreation of this statement.

The first state that came under attack was Succubu- known in Ibe as Saun. The Ibian armies invaded, and through not much progress was made in the beginning, the defeat would come soon enough.
[/i]

*= “Till Isis smashes the hammer from the lever”- In Ibian mythology, the end of the world.
**= Isis is the chief deity in Ibian mythology but can also refer to the capital of Ibe.
[3]= Zaphiers are the King’s priests.
[4] Ibiea is the large state that existed before realms broke off in Ibian mythology.

Top Bottom