• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Feedback — Concepts

Chandrasekhar said:
Seems like this might be a nice idea. I'm not sure if we really need it to be in the mod, but it might make a nice addition at some point.

Nothing is really needed, I agree there's a level of priority and it should be around a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being all the factors which aren't really fun). I just wanted to start this (the Suggestion Box) off, seeing as no one else would (not that I wouldn't like to see this in-game :)).

Yeah, it seems like so many ideas have their own threads already. I'm looking forward to seeing some obscure ideas that might not quite deserve their own threads, but still might be interesting. I'll probably post a couple after I get done with this Malakim game I'm playing.

Looking forward to reading all of your ideas and filing them in the index :)

Poisons:
Better to start small. Something like this: Poisoner is a promotion availible to all recon units after researching poison tech (if thats still in?) and requires flanking 1 or 2. It gives poison promotion to units attacked. This will give -15% or so healing, can't be healed by cure disease, but will go away on its on, say, 20% chance.
If that works, maybe there could be upgrades with further research.

Nikis-Knight said:
Poisons:
Better to start small. Something like this: Poisoner is a promotion availible to all recon units after researching poison tech (if thats still in?) and requires flanking 1 or 2. It gives poison promotion to units attacked. This will give -15% or so healing, can't be healed by cure disease, but will go away on its on, say, 20% chance.
If that works, maybe there could be upgrades with further research.

Yeah, that sounds good for the tier one poisons. Maybe future ones won't wear off at all (but that's just a thought ^^)...

What about having a unit for this... i'm guessing a herbalist. Maybe abtainable after you research posion (or someother related tech?). This unit would be low leveled (str about, lets say, 5 or 6) because of its use of herbs. In addtion it would have to have some resources to make the posions.

What also would be cool is haveing the herbalist being able to put posion on the swords of swordsman or maybe the axs of axmen. This would give the unit the ability to posion foes on contact (both defending and attacking).

I like the idea of having the assasin haveing the ability to but the herbalist would seem like the person to conjure such potions.

~Civkid~

How about just going to a city with a herbalist building would "cure" the poison, just like going to a city with a training yard cures a melee unit of rust (I think that feature is still in...?).

Chandrasekhar said:
How about just going to a city with a herbalist building would "cure" the poison, just like going to a city with a training yard cures a melee unit of rust (I think that feature is still in...?).

It does?? I'll have to try that. Wait, does the AI even cast rust?

I think poison should be different than disease, which is why I suggested no cure mechanic. Going to an herbalist does make sense, though if this is the case it tends to favor defenders, as they are in/near cities.

Nikis-Knight said:
I think poison should be different than disease, which is why I suggested no cure mechanic. Going to an herbalist does make sense, though if this is the case it tends to favor defenders, as they are in/near cities.

Good point. I despise any feature that benefits defenders even more. In any case, playability is more important than believability, so we could throw out the herbalist healing. Maybe it could just increase the chance that the poison will go away.

Chandrasekhar said:
Civ-specific Spell Spheres

I really like this idea, it makes all of the civs more unique. Hippus already have their summon air elemental and as far as I can tell they might have the whole air sphere to themselves, so that's a start :)...

Deathling said:
I really like this idea, it makes all of the civs more unique. Hippus already have their summon air elemental and as far as I can tell they might have the whole air sphere to themselves, so that's a start :)...

what about the starting mana.. to go along with your idea wouldn't the mana that the civ come with show what sphere they get... ex. hippus (no air mana but lets say there is) they would get the air sphere because they get the air mana because of their civ (and the palace that comes with it).

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying Civkid1991...

As for civ specific sphere, maybe instead of spheres every civ would receive a specialization in a certain existing sphere and then receive new spells (maybe with their heroes and other unique units) in that sphere (like Divine spells are for religions).

Deathling said:
I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying Civkid1991...

As for civ specific sphere, maybe instead of spheres every civ would receive a specialization in a certain existing sphere and then receive new spells (maybe with their heroes and other unique units) in that sphere (like Divine spells are for religions).

what i was trying to say:

u know how the elven race gets the nature mana along with its palace? well i was saying they should have the special nature spells and they would be the "masters of the nature sphere".

What i was saying about the hippus civ is the same. (I guess it would require the creation of a air mana but...) this civ would get the specail spells for that sphere and they would be the "masters" of the sphere.

So basically, you were saying exactly what I thought of a few minutes before reading your post :p

I thought I'd bring back some old ideas that failed as threads. So, I did ^^ (the Loyalty System and Resource Wonders).

Not what I meant really... I meant wonders which are resources, I don't remember exactly what I typed in the suggestion box, but I'm pretty sure it's clear ^^ I'll go check.

Top Bottom