Zebra 9's Additions MOD

Zebra 9

Emperor
Zebra 9's Additions

Version: 2.0
Multiplayer Compatible: No
Patch Compatibilty: Civ 4 Warlords 2.0.8

Download Here

Description: This MOD increases Map sizes so that the width is twice the height as well as keeping the original map sizes & adds a new map size (Zebra 9's Monster). It also adds a double of each difficulty level (mostly to balance the larger maps) that increases the number of barbarians, the chance of an AI declaring war, the number of free units & cities, unit cost, & increases the chance of getting a bad goody. It also adds 2 new civs to the Game, Israel, lead by David, & Byzantium, lead by Basil II, or Theodora. It also adds 3 new units, the Interplanetary Destroyer, Merkava (Israel's UU), & the Dromon (Byzantium's UU) & 2 alien units, the UFO & the Land Speeder. There are also 4 new buildings, the Summer Palace, Winter Palace, Theodosian Walls (Byzantium's UB), & the Kosher Deli (Israel's UB). I have also changed the scale of all of the units as well as creating new formations for almost every unit. Each leader now has 3 traits making for interesting leader selection. I increased the spread rates for Christianity & Islam because they did not spread fast enough to resemble history. I have also added Aliens, Generals, Promotions From Combat, Randomly Founded Religions, and Multiple Starting Tech Settings, 5 Ruler type civics, and 3 new Techs, all discussed below:goodjob:. Oh, I also had to totally redo the tech tree, what a head ache!

Installation:
1) Unzip into "My Documents\My Games\Warlords\MODS".
2) Load the game.
3) Click on "Advanced"-->"Load A MOD"-->"Zebra 9's Additions"-->"OK", the Game will restart.
4) Now you can play as normal. :goodjob:

Screenies:
Spoiler :

New Gunship Formation:

Land Speeder (New Unit):

New Jet Fighter Formation:

New Techs & Tech Changes:
Spoiler :

Name: Religious Thought New
Cost: 50
Leads To: Mysticism

Name: Scientific Thought New
Cost: 50
Leads To: Fishing, The Wheel, Agriculture, Battle Tactics

Name: Battle Tactics New
Cost: 75
Prerequisits: Scientific Thought
Leads To: Hunting, Mining

Name: Archery
Enables: Military Dictator (Ruler Civic)

Name: Democracy
Enables: Pure Democracy (Ruler Civic)

Name: Constitution
Enables: Executive (Ruler Civic)

Name: Monarchy
Enables: Monarch (Ruler Civic)

Name: Fishing

Name: Hunting

Name: Mining

Name: Agriculture

Name: The Wheel

Name: Mysticism
Prerequisits: Religious Thought

New Units:
Spoiler :

Name: Dromon New
Cost: 40
Moves: 2
Strength: 3
Requires: Sailing
Special: Byzantine UU replaces Galley

Name: General New
Special: Can Start Golden Age, Can Provide 15XPs To Units In Same Tile, Free Upgrades When Attached To Unit, Can Discover A Tech, Can Hurry Production, Can Be Aquired In The Same Way As Other Great People, Can Turn Into Great General After Combat, Can Be Aquired From Combat

Name: Interplanitary Destroyer New
Cost: 120
Strength: 40
Requires: Robotics, Aluminum, Factory
Special: Immune To First Strikes, Flat Movement Costs, Ignores Terrain Movement Costs, +25% City Attack, +50% vs. Armor, Starts w/ Blitz, Sentry, Mobility, Can Be An Alien Invader

Name: Land Speeder New
Cost: 4000
Moves: 4
Strength: 30
Special: Team & National Unit 0 Allowed, Can Move Through Impassable Terrain, Can Expose Rival Spies, Immune To First Strikes, Flat Movement Cost, Ignores Terrain Movement Cost, Starts w/ Blitz, Sentry, Mobility, Only Available To Aliens

Name: Seige Tower New
Cost: 150
Moves: 1
Strength: 2
Requires: Feudalism
Special: 2 First Strikes, Immune To First Strikes, +700% City Attack, -500% City Defense, +125% vs. Animals, -250% Hills Attack

Name: UFO New
Cost: 4000
Moves: 10
Strength: 60
Special: Team & National Unit 0 Allowed, Can Move Through Impassable Terrain, Can Expose Rival Spies, Immune To First Strikes, Flat Movement Cost, Ignores Terrain Movement Cost, Starts w/ Blitz, Sentry, Mobility, Only Available To Aliens

There Have Been Tons Of Of Changes To Other Units As Well So It Would Be a Good Idea To Check The Civilopedia or the 3rd post (by The Navy SEAL who did most of the unit changes) for all the unit changes.

New Civs:
Spoiler :

Name: Israel
UU: Merkava
UB: Oblisk (Egypt's UB)
Leader: David (SPI,PHI,AGG) Not Animated

Name: Byzantium
UU: Dromon
UB: Theodosian Walls
Leader1: Basil II (EXP,IND,AGG) Animated
Leader1: Theodora (SPI,PHI,AGG) Animated

New Map Sizes:
Spoiler :

Name: Zebra 9's Monster
If you plan on Playing this Monster of a map, get ready to set back and relax. This big boy takes his time when loading. He is complete with 4,608 spaces & 18 civs. Oh yea!:goodjob::rockon:

Name: Zebra 9's Huge
This is the sequal to Huge & boy is it different to play with 18 civs.

Name: Zebra 9's Large
This sequal to Large is 23% larger w/ 18 players.

Name: Zebra 9's Standard
With 16 civs & 1,352 spaces, the sequal for the Standard map size is Awesome!

Name: Zebra 9's Small
This map is killer w/ the same number of civs as the Huge map.

Name: Zebra 9's Tiny
Tiny's sequal is ALL OUT WAR w/ 8 civs packed into 512 spaces.

Name: Zebra 9's Duel
This one is a little more peaceable w/ only 4 civs.

Bugs: No Map below Zebra 9's Tiny seems to work with all map scripts (Terra is the one that I know of). Generals can join a Great General & vis versa. When you recive a General from combat or whan you recive a promo from combat the bubble doesn't point to the right spot (working on the fix).

Help and Comments are appriciated.

Credits:
The Navy Seal: For adding building prequisits to units, adding units, advising me, & almost every formation. As well as makeing many good points & suggestions. Game tester.
Amra: I used his MOD, Amra's Byzantium v2, to get the leader heads, UU, & UB for the Byzantines.
Ariks: I used his MOD, Isramod, to get the leader head for the Israelites.
Sharick: For the Merkava Animation.
Elhoim: For the Better Ship Scale MOD that created the basis for my current Ship Scales.
snafusmith: For the Interplanitary Destroyer animation (the ATST).
Blake: For the Better AI CvGameCoreDLL.dll.
snipafist: For the Triple traits(All Default Leaders).
Rabit, White: For the Land Speeder.
The Lopez: Dead Civ Scoreboard MOD.
NeverMind: [PY] Combat Experience Counter
Chamaedrys: For the UFO

And I Would Like To Thank Alazkan Assasin For His Help and The Lopez for his tech tree editor.

Future Stuff.
Get all Map scripts to work with all Map sizes.
Add new civs and leaders.
Make it so units get injured on sertain terrain types.
Other Python stuff.*
Other SDK stuff.*

Change List:
Spoiler :

v1.0.
1. Barbs give up to 20XPs
2. Animals give up to 10XPs
3. I made big changes to the formations(take a look at these, Settler, Redcoat, Gunship).

Aliens:
I added aliens into Zebra 9's Additions v2.0 & here is what they do.
Aliens can only invade during or after the Industrial era & only have a 10% chance of invading (Is that to high?). They invade for three turns and recive 2 UFOs at each living players capitol, and the next they recive 5 Interplanetary Destroyers or Land Speeders or any combination of the 2. After 3 turns they are all destryed. They can not invade for another 10 turns. After ten turns it check to see how still has cities (the aliens can only destroy a civ by conquoring all of the civs cities and units), and if only one player remains he wins a time victory. May need balencing. Oh, this can be turned off at the beginning of the game.

Generals/Great Generals:
Generals are basicaly GGs that don't give quite so many XPs and don't award Special Promos. They can spawn from combat, or can be spawned from a city via the great people points. If they win a battle they can be promoted to GG status (GG promos will be opened up, if it has less than 30XPs it will be brought up to 30XPs, and will recive the respawn ability of GGs).
Great Generals now give more XPs and if lost in combat they can respawn as a general in your capitol.

Promos From Combat:
There are 5 new promos that can only be aquired from combat. They are Command, Scout, Smash, Valence, Plunder. Check the pedia for specs on these promos, but there is one thing about Command that is not listed in the pedia. If a unit has command it's chance of recive a General or Promo from combat is doubled. Now the base chance for getting a promo is 3%, if you are the attacker that is doubled, and if you have command it is doubled (so if you attack and have Command there is 12% chance that you will get a promo & if you are defending and have Command there is 6% chance that you will get a promo), and barbs recive 3% no matter what.
The Promo you recive is based on what you are fighting and where you are fighting plus a random factor.
Base Chance is 10
Valence recives Base Chance x 2 if it has a smaller base strength then the loser.
Command recives Base Chance x 2 if the winner is a GG.
Smash recives Base Chance x 2 the loser was a helicopter.
Plunder recives Base Chance x 2 if losers plot has an improvement on it.
Scout recives Base Chance x 2 if losers plot is not forest or jungle.

Starting Tech Settings:
At the beginning of the game you can select any of 4 starting tech choices,
1) Random (selects 1 of the other 3)
2) Default Starting techs
3) Random Starting Techs (Needs Some Work)
4) No Starting Techs

Randomly Founded Religions:
When you aquire a tech that founds a religion it doesn't just found. Every turn if you have the tech for a religion that has yet to be founded you recive a 15% chance of founding it, and if any civ that has a tech for a religion that has yet to be founded you recive a 5% chance of founding it.

Bug 8/31/06:
Custom Continets does not work.

*If you would like to help do somthing I'm open for help.

Feel free to comment about the changes made:goodjob:
New Units
Spoiler :

General
Can start Golden Age
Gives 15 XPs
Free Upgrades
Can discover a tech
Can hurry production
Can be aquired like other great people or on the battle field
Can become GG in combat

Merkava
Unique Unit for Israeli Empire
Replaces Mech Infantry
Strenght 32
Moves 2
Cost 200
Requires Factory

Interplanitary Destroyer
Strenght 40
Moves 2
Cost 120
Immune to First Strikes
Flat Movement Costs
Ignore Terrain movement costs
25% City Attack
50% vs Armor Units
Starts with Blitz, Sentry and Mobility
Requires Robotics, Aluminum and Factory

########## Can also be Alien Invader ##########

Land Speeder
Strenght 30
Moves 4
Cost None
Alowed 0
Can move through Impassable Terrain
Can expose rival Spies
Immune to First Strikes
Flat movement cost
Ignores Terrain movement cost
Starts with Blitz, Sentry and Mobility
Is Alien

Stone Warrior
Strenght 1
Moves 1
Cost 15
5% City Attack
50% vs Animals

New Siege Tower

Moves 1
Cost 150
Requires Feudalism
2 First Strikes
Immune to first strikes
700% city attack
-500% city defence
+125% vs animals
-250% hills attack

Changes to Units
Spoiler :

Skirmisher
Reduced city defence to 30%
Reduced hills defence to 20%

Spearman
Reduced cost to 30

Stealth Bomber
Requires factory

Redcoat
Strenght 15
Requires Barracks

Rifleman
Strenght 15
Requires Barracks

Sam Infantry
Requires Factory

Samurai
Requires Barracks
Strenght 10
Moves 2
3 First Strikes
25% Withdrawal Chance
25% City Attack
25% vs Archery Units

Settler
Reduced to Cost 80
National unit 2 allowed at a time

Musketman
10% City Attack

Navy Seal
Strenght 28
Moves 2
Requires Barracks
25% City Attack
20% Hills Attack

Numidian Cavalry
Requires Stable
Starts with Combat 1

Panzer
Requires Factory

Phalanx
Reduced cost to 30

Pikeman
Requires Barracks
125% vs Mounted Units

Quechua
Require Scientific Thought and Battle Tactics
5% City Attack
10% vs Animals

Longbowman
Requires Walls
Reduced City Defence to 45%

Maceman
Requires Barracks

Machine Gun
Requires Barracks

Marine
Requires Barracks

Modern Armor
Requires Factory

Musketeer
Strenght 10
10% City Attack

Knight
Requires Stable

Praetorian
Renamed Legionary
Reduced cost to 35
Requires Barracks
25% City Attack
25% Hills Attack

Ironclad
Requires Harbor

Jaguar
Strenght 7
Moves 2
Reduced Cost to 35
Requires Barracks
25% City Attack
20% Hills Attack
35% Jungle Defence

Jet Fighter
Range 15
Requires Factory
Can destroy tile improvement and bonbard city defences -20% per turn

Keshik
Strenght 8
Moves 3
Reduced cost to 35
Requires Stable
50% Withdrawal chance
20% Hills Attack
Starts with Combat1 and Flanking1

Gunship
Requires Factory

Horse Archer
Requires Stable
25% Withdrawal chance
Starts with Shock

ICBM
World limit 30

Immortal
25% Withdrawal chance

Impi
Strenght 5
20% Hills Attack

Infantry
Requires Factory

Gallic Warrior
Cost 50
25% City Attack
Requires Barracks

Grenadier
Requires Barracks
15% City Attack

Great General
Gives 35 Xps
When killed has a 25% chance of appearing in capital city

Cossack
Strenght 16
Requires Stable

Crossbowman
Requires Barracks
25% City Attack

Destroyer
Requires Drydock

Fast Worker
Cost 35
15 Allowed

Fighter
Requires Factory

Frigate
Requires Harbor

Galleon
Requires Harbor

Conquistador
Requires Stable

Chokonu
Requires Barracks
25% City Attack

Chariot
15% withdrawal

Cavalry
Requires Stable

Carrier
Requires Drydock

Caravel
Requires Harbor

Camel Archer
Requires Stable

Bomber
Requires Factory

Beserker
Strenght 10
Requires Barracks

Battleship
Requires Drydock

Axeman
Cost 30

Archer
30% City Defence
20% Hills Defence

darkedone02 said:
(follow off with the role-play) You have been warned!
Are you still running your mouth off at people you don't know about things you know nothing about? :vomit:

Do all of the leaders have three traits now?

Yup just like TNS said.

Now the new updates will include Aliens, Respawning Greate Generals, Generals, and if I have time Some Super Cool Formations. It will be 2.0.8 compatible and I will be replaceing 32 civs w/ Bleeding Edge AI. I will give more in depth explinations when I realease the Zebra 9's Additions v2.0.

Now I do need help w/ Graphics and SDK. Python is vary close to nailed.

Wow, Zebra, this is impressive...but it's kind of messy.

I got too many internal errors playing. Had to shut down repeatedly.

The "ruler" civic is really redundant. It makes the game confusing, and I'd prefer you just modified the existing government civics.

Also, the aliens are a good idea, but geez, they don't need to be that powerful! If you must make them so that they attack during the industrial era, when they totally overpower the player, at least don't make them have so many units! They razed half my cities! Furthermore, if I'm going to be beaten by a UFO, at least let it be a cool-looking one. The one in game is so low-poly, it looks like a citrus juicer!

The new unit formations are cool; they look militaristic, but I still prefer Rabbit's ethnically diverse units overall. Plus, I'm wondering if the swarming formations aren't adding insult to injury in the already-taxing Monster map.

Lastly, could we have a Monster Earth map?

Hail, I haven't played the mod but form reading the thread I've gotten some ideas for the mod. How 'bout you give the Aliens more then 3 units and make them have a chance of invadeing in all the eras with the other units that would be alot weaker then the ones you have atm.

Good luck with the mod, I can't think of anything else :p

I really like the Alien idea, except that the chance of invading needs to be like 0.001 or something very small, and I like Grishnash's idea of them being able to invade in all eras, just as long as they're not too powerful. If it's possible you could make the chance of invasion increase depending on what year/era it is, so that by the time it's the modern era it could be up to 1 or 2 percent.

I'm not sure why the aliens are destroyed after 3 turns? Do they go back to space or something? I think they should stay for at least ten turns. Also, it would be interesting if they could capture cities, but razing is still good.

Also with such a cool idea you need to have some awesome graphics (maybe I could help? :p )

I don't like any of the other changes (civics, techs, other unit changes etc.) sorry. Maybe you would consider creating an individual mod comp just with the aliens?

Some more issues, this time in the area of graphics:

*Is King David supposed to be animated? He looks like a modification of an existing LH, probably Musa, but he doesn't move.

*I don't think the ATST's were skinned, at least not properly. It doesn't take a hardcore SW fan to know they should be grey.

Chugginator if you want to help your welcome to. I didn't realy like the graphics I had anyway but they where the only ones I could find.
David was a sort of remake of a civ 3 LH.
I realy don't know anything about SW other than that it's a movie or something.
I realy don't care for my civics/techs that I added (going to junk them), what exactly didn't you like about the units (I will be balancing the Seige Tower in the next release).
I also want to get the aliens as multy era, but because I couldn't find any other graphics I couldn't add any weaker aliens (I found something that I want to try).

Now one question, did any of you actualy get an alien invasion.

P.S. I felt that the aliens had to leave after 3 turns so they didn't totaly kill you.

*I don't think the ATST's were skinned, at least not properly. It doesn't take a hardcore SW fan to know they should be grey.

The ATST's? The walking things? They are grey and look properly skinned in this mod :dubious:

@ Zebra 9 - I'll help out with the graphics if you choose to release another version with just the aliens in it, no other changes. Also the stuff from Star Wars doesn't really suit this mod, I'd go with more generalised alien stuff (like Starcraft style zergs and protoss - would be cool.)

Top Bottom