Frequently Asked Questions

I have warlords installed and FFH works just fine :confused: You just have to make sure to be starting up normal civ 4 with the civ 4 cd in. Just use the shortcut in the ffh folder with the original civ 4 CD in.

Marnid said:
Q. What exactly does the fear promotion do?
A. Don't know can someone answer this?
IIRC, units will occasionally be afraid of (won't attack) a unit with the fear promotion (dragons, for example).

What is a settlement? I keep seeing it refered to but have never come accross it in the game.

The Kuriotates are special in that the first several cities they build (scalable by map size) are super-cities. Beyond that, each new city becomes a settlement, a "city" that can only build walls and memorials (obelisks), and no units at all. In effect, they are simply for border pushing and nothing else.

What are those two leaders Basium and Hyborem ? They seem to be unasigned to any civilization... Are they somekind of secret leaders that show up in mid game or sth ? :)

Crash757 said:
What are those two leaders Basium and Hyborem ? They seem to be unasigned to any civilization... Are they somekind of secret leaders that show up in mid game or sth ? :)

Basium is the Mercurian leader. Hyborem is the Infernal leader.

Kael said:
Basium is the Mercurian leader. Hyborem is the Infernal leader.
But it is impossible to choose these civilizations when playing random map and they don't show up on civilopedia :p Are they unfinished or what ? :crazyeye:

Crash757 said:
But it is impossible to choose these civilizations when playing random map and they don't show up on civilopedia :p Are they unfinished or what ? :crazyeye:

Yes, the Mercurians and Infernals wonts be added until "Fire". The Sidar and the Svartalfar won't be added until "Shadow" and the Illians wont be added until either "Shadow" or "Ice".

I'm curious, where is the religion specific music from? Especially the Octopus Overlords music, I wouldn't know where to find something similar to that.

DMN said:
I'm curious, where is the religion specific music from? Especially the Octopus Overlords music, I wouldn't know where to find something similar to that.

The OO sword is from a song by Sting called the Desert Rose. The rest of the Religious tunes are all cut from songs by Enya.

can the grigori win a religious victory if they control the holy city?

eerr said:
can the grigori win a religious victory if they control the holy city?

I dont think so. I think you need to have that religion as your state religion to when the religious victory.

How does one remove fallout? The Sanitation tech states that it allows you to "scrub" fallout, but my workers don't have the option.

- Niilo

vorshlumpf said:
How does one remove fallout? The Sanitation tech states that it allows you to "scrub" fallout, but my workers don't have the option.

- Niilo

The sanctify spell removes fallout.

Q: What are those small buttons above the unit command buttons?

A: Those are from the Plot List Enhancement mod by 12monkeys. The mod thread explains the functionality (some of the unit filter buttons were changed to suit FfH II):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=149572

I checked the first page of this thread and a few others but I tl;dr'd the rest of this thread.

Q - What are the conditions for Bloom? From what I've seen it's any plains/grassland that doesn't have an improvement. Is there more?

Q - Also, is there a quick way to remove your own improvements and return the tile to the empty status? The goal is to remove farms/cottages to build elven farms/cottages.

Speciou5 said:
Q - What are the conditions for Bloom? From what I've seen it's any plains/grassland that doesn't have an improvement. Is there more?
Plains, grassland, or tundra, and no terrain features (e.g., oasis, floodplain, worker improvements, ruins,...). Roads are not a feature and do not impede Bloom.
Q - Also, is there a quick way to remove your own improvements and return the tile to the empty status? The goal is to remove farms/cottages to build elven farms/cottages.
Pillage. Use high-movement units to pillage multiple tiles or upgraded cottages quickly (haste also helps).

[I think Bloom should auto-pillage]

- Niilo

:confused: Help needed

This looks fantastic! :goodjob: But: I have never played a mod before, never heard of fall from heaven 1, never played dungeons and dragons or similar. I play Prince level on Vanilla Civ, but this is so different that I quite simply haven't got the foggiest. I've tried bimbling along in the game for a bit, but as the pedia is not great on general concepts (not a nag, I'm still awed by the amount of work that must have gone into this) I'm struggling a bit! Rather than asking a string of dumb questions, is there a basic guide somewhere, or some sort of public game like the ALCs for vanilla civ? With so many new civics, totally new religions and massive new concepts like magic I'm feeling somewhat daunted!

Any help gratefully received.

Top Bottom