Hotseat High

Sorry - been competing in a LAN competition in California with my Counter-Strike: Source team.

Would it be possible to play without my orders for this round? Sorry...

Yup. It's fine. (I will not be screwing you over.) Good luck!

Oh, and by the way, there are sort of limitations to how trading can work (you can't offer a deal if a person has offered you one). Though it may seem that gives the people who go first the advantage, also note that when the deal is passed back (so that the initiator, if possible, must pay more or cease negotiations) those who go second get the 'advantage'.

And since passing back has a chance, trading is about even, sort of cycle of who has the trade advantage.

Oh, and I have chosen a specific branch to 'monopolize' upon. Those without one will get one soon and can sell whatever they can. And finally, it's weird how everything randomly generated sort of coincides or adds to the story. (Everyone hates the Snitch and loves the Cheerleader....)

Unfortunately (don't yell!) I have been told not to play computer games today. So I cannot update either having not finished the playing phase. I am on turn 36 though if you must know. The playing should be complete by the end of Monday.

Oh, and at the rate I'm at, someone isn't going to be very happy....

Transcript for turns 31 to 40. Pictures that follow are from 41 and the CAII pick refers to Snitch D'art.

Status (31)
Bully: war on Trader demand on President trade to Cheerleader demands from Jane and trades to Snitch; The Wheel. Builds Terror
Gamer: trade Bully Trade to President Trade to cheerleader demand from Snitch; Iron Working
Trader: war on Bully trade to President trade to Cheerleader trade to Jane trade to Snitch. Begin governors.; Alphabet
President: rejects demand Bully war on Gamer trade to Cheerleader demand Snitch; Masonry
Cheerleader: accepts trade Bully accepts trade Gamer accepts trade President trades to Trader demands from Jane demands from Snitch; Mysticism
Loner: trades to Cheerleader trades to Snitch; Warrior Code
Jane: accepts demand Bully rejects demand Cheerleader demands Gamer demands Snitch; none
Snitch: sends trade Bully accepts demand Gamer accepts demand President accepts demand Cheerleader sends trade Loner rejects demand Jane war on Trader; Writing

Status (32)
Bully: Accept trade Gamer. Demands Cheerleader Trades Loner. Trades Jane.
Gamer: Reject demand Jane. Builds CounterStrike Central. No trades.
Trader: Reject trade Cheerleader. Build Guild of Gold. Trades to President. Trades to Snitch
President: Reject trade Trader. Trades to Jane. Peace with Gamer
Cheerleader: Reject demand Bully. Accept trade Loner. Accept trade Snitch. Trades to Jane.
Loner: Nothing. Completion of trades.
Jane: Nothing. Completion of trades.
Snitch: Completion of trades. War on Jane.

Status (33)
Bully: Trade to President. War on Jane
Gamer: Trade to Snitch.
Trader: Trade to Jane. Trades still occurring.
President: Trade to Gamer. Demand Trader. Trade to Loner.
Cheerleader: Nothing.
Loner: Accept trade President.
Jane: Peace with Bully trade to Gamer. Trade to Trader.
Snitch: Demand Bully. Trade to Gamer. Trade President. Trade cheerleader. Trade Jane.

Status (34)
Bully: Reject demand Snitch. Demand Gamer.
Gamer: Accept demand Bully. Accept trade President. Accept trade Jane. Reject trade Snitch.
Trader: demand Gamer. Peace with Snitch
President: Reject some trades. Finish Writing. Start CoL. Trade Trader. Trade Cheerleader. Trade Snitch.
Cheerleader: War on Gamer Trade to Jane.
Loner: Trade to Trader.
Jane: Completion of possible trades. Trade to Trader
Snitch: War on Gamer Peace with Jane

Status (35)
Bully: Trade to Trader. Trade to President. Trade to Snitch.
Gamer: Accept trade Jane. Trade to President. Peace with Cheerleader
Trader: Nothing.
President: Trade to Trader. War on Snitch Embassy with Jane
Cheerleader: Trades to Snitch
Loner: Nothing.
Jane: Trade to Trader.
Snitch: Autorejection of deals. Nothing.

Status (36)
Bully: War on Snitch
Gamer: Peace with Snitch Trade to Trader. Trade to President. Trade to Jane.
Trader: Research Writing. Start Literature. Demands President. Demands Cheerleader.
President: Accept demand Trader. Demand Bully. Trade to Jane. Trade to Snitch.
Cheerleader: Accept demand Trader. Declares war on Bully
Loner: trades to Gamer.
Jane: Accepts trade Loner.
Snitch: Demands Bully and Gamer and Trader.

Status (37)
Bully: Accepts demand President. Rejects demand Snitch. Sends troop towards Snitch. Peace with Cheerleader
Gamer: Accept trade Loner. Accept demand Snitch.
Trader: Peace with Bully. Peace with Snitch.
President: Trade to Trader. Peace with Snitch
Cheerleader: Nothing.
Loner: Accept deals. Nothing.
Jane: trades to Trader.
Snitch: trades to Trader. Demands President.

Status (38)
Bully: Nothing.
Gamer: trades Cheerleader.
Trader: Accepts trade Jane. No trades available. Begin automation.
President: accept demand Snitch. Nothing.
Cheerleader: Accept trade Gamer. Trade to trader.
Loner: Demands Gamer.
Jane: trade to Gamer. Demands Snitch.
Snitch: Accepts demand Jane. Trades Gamer and Trader.

Status (39)
Bully: Enters Snitch’s territory. Trades Trader and Loner. Demands Snitch.
Gamer: Rejects demand Loner. Demands Bully. Trades Trader.
Trader: Auto-rejects so many trades. :lol: Poor 502nd PR. Nothing.
President: Nothing.
Cheerleader: Cultural influence expands. Nothing.
Loner: Nothing.
Jane: Trades to Loner and Trader.
Snitch: Accept demand Bully. Peace with Bully .

Status (40)
Bully: Accept demand Gamer. War on Trader
Gamer: Nothing.
Trader: War on Bully Demands Jane
President: Nothing applies still….
Cheerleader: Nothing. Wow.
Loner: Accepts trade Jane. Trades to Trader.
Jane: Accept demand Trader. Demands Bully.
Snitch: Demands Gamer.

End of 10 turns transcript. Story will come.

Current Wars: Only between Bully and Trader. (Note that if the war declaration is reciprocated, only 1 party needs to desire peace for it to be achieved. And if there were no attacks, the peace treaty is null).

Also, many of the later actions show nothing because no trades/demands applied. If the other person has no techs or gold, you can't demand. If you don't have 1 gold, you can't demand. If you don't have a tech or sufficient money you can't trade or if the other person doesn't, you can't either. Also, many bids for peace occurred that were not possible, just so you know. Lastly, I have to make it so that war chances are lower than peace chances (because you'll all end up in AW if I don't. But the Bully doesn't have a higher peace chance because the others do and balance him out nicely.)

You may PM your next set's orders for the next month and request a screenshot of your current builds if you desire. Also, I tried to get the wars going but it was kind of hard with the lack of troops. So Bully the Lone Man will not be able to attack Trader 502nd PR for a few turns (troops are still near Snitch D'art's land) but the other way around may be possible....

Well the pictures follow. Next update should be Wednesday/Thursday?

Oh dear. These POV's fail me. But they do give a pretty good outline of motives and stuff. But mostly everyone complains. Oh well. There will be bonus POV's and bonus dialogues when I update those. That makes for a VERY slow story, but a nice one after all. (This update spans two days because the next one will span a lot more, maybe more than a month of events. And you'll soon understand why.)

Bully’s POV:
Today, I actually did my homework! I’m so happy I’ve been cruel to more than fifty people today! This day stands in the annals of the Bully as the greatest day of gore, blood, and anger ever! Too bad I couldn’t smash the face of that new kid in time; he was so short he slipped under my pant legs and scurried away. Well, I’ve got to go to class. That annoying voice of his….
I hate this teacher; she’s so insaAAANE! Who would think that someone like me, wouldn’t do their homework? It’s right, it’s right…. Here? But-. But-. NOOOOOO!!! It’s been stolen! What thief-!
What? The little weasel tells me that-. Ah! There, that idiot there! The moneymaker. He’s waving it around! What? How dare he? It’s MY HOMEWORK! Well, the fifty people’s homework, but still…. Give me that! Revenge.
What a fool. Telling me to back off, go away! Me? I’m huge! I’m a monster. He wouldn’t stand up to me for a second, much less when I’m angered. Heh. He will feel my wrath and hurt so bad that even his deceased ancestors will cry out in pain and burn.
What a day. Now, that idiot tells me that it was really the weasel-boy who took it. I’m so confused. I have a headache. Oh…. Aspirin=Salicylic Acid. Me raid Chemistry lab.
Great. Two short people with annoying voices. And they’re telling me that it wasn’t him? It wasn’t the snitchy one? Uh…. Ach! I don’t know. I don’t know at all. My brain bleeds in defiance. Who took my homework? I don’t care! I don’t care!

Gamer’s POV
That silly talking politican freak. Just go away and let me play okay? Tana needs a level up. Go away! Let me concentrate. Yeah okay. Bye! Good bye! Good riddance.
Hmm…. I must get my laptop checked, but what’s this? Someone’s glaring at me. Oh well. Whatever. Laptop checked means more games….
What’s ClientKey, seriously? They say they’re in league with Murders Inc. And Sassyfrasy is involved too. I believe I’ve uncovered a plot of death. But it’s time for Fire Emblem, so which matters more? Not a choice. Not even close.
The library. What a wonderfully quiet and nonintrusive gaming environment. However, there’s this little imp looking at me, jumping around and reading aloud from the fiction section. How annoying. He seems to even be doing it on purpose. He’s coming closer with this odd grin on his face. Whatever could it mean? It means I’m wasting time better spent on Fire Emblem.
That guy is staring at me again. I don’t like him for some reason. Always telling me games are rude. But what about my deprived childhood? What about catching up to current gaming standards? I’m a loser! But he doesn’t think so for some reason. I’ll let him babble for a while.

Trader’s POV
Oh dear, life sucks. Principal Tribute is just too commandeering of his students. How is it possible that we have had detention for two weeks! Geez! My profit margins are suffering. There must no time to waste. That monkey boy, I’ve never seen him before.
Oh? What’s this? Something worth selling. It’s abandoned homework. Odd, I’ve never seen such bloodstained work before. This must be very valuable. The starting price will be … three dollars. Eyes seem to be searching my actions. But whatever. There is no time to investigate, none to be lost.
Just stop wasting my precious moments. I don’t care if it was yours, and I took it. Just leave me alone and let me sell more homework. If you’re not gonna pay, go away. Okay? Good.
The library houses people who like to read. And people who love to read will pay big bucks for books. And if I establish good relations with this soulwarrior person, those big bucks will crawl their way to me. What does he want? Oh. I know what he wants…. Now if I present a motivating case, he’ll ‘aid’ me. Woops. The hug was a bit far….
Orange soda is so nice. But these ants are really problematic. That cheery girl is screeching all over the place and the ants scurry towards me. She seems to be shouting at that snitch. He- he’s telling her that he told the Lone Man that he saw me take the homework. But that means…. I have a way out.
Yes, that’s right. It was D’art who planted it on me. Yes. Believe that. It was surely a cover. Correct. Think it. Believe it. You stupid oaf, you’re not confused, it was D’art! Ugh. I’m wasting more time than I’m saving. Fatheaded imbecile.
It’s money time! Money, money, money! Well, sort of. Once we convince Principal Tribute with these teachers of his, soulwarrior will quickly support me in my moneymaking ventures. And wow. I never expected Principal Tribute to fold so quickly.

President’s POV:
I just don’t understand. Who wouldn’t like me?! I’m nice. I’m personable. I talk to everyone and treat everyone just the same. How can Sanctum be so rude? Agh! I just don’t understand. And frankly, it’s getting on my nerves.
He’s just refusing to get it! You shouldn’t play games in Shash Hall. The Edges and the green tables near the Main Hall are the only areas! Aaargh! What? Is, is he, ignoring me?! What?! I’m the President! Oh. Yeah. That’s right, get up and walk away.
Will those two shut up?! I’m trying to just talk to Jane, but my voice now hurts from the yelling I had to do to her over the prissy pneuma and braggart D’art over there. Shut up! I can’t stand you! Stop telling me the teachers will get angry! I’m trying to be nice to everyone, and aagh!
These moments have given me quite a bit of time to reflect on my rash decisions. Maybe I shouldn’t maintain hostilities towards Sanctum and D’art. I mean, after all, they are voters. And still, there will always be dissenters in a democratic society. But if I could sway them out of ignorance, indifference, and selfishness, then maybe….

Cheerleader’s POV
Okay. Wow, a commoner. It’s so, interesting to look at. I can’t stop staring. How grotesque! It tries to protest, but I assure it that it is on the lowest level of society and will never achieve the grace that I have. However, I do encourage it to try and leave it after a few moments most delighted at the prospect of improving.
(monotonous) Da, da, dum. What a sad day to parade. He’s, not, around, and, I’m all, alone, today. Why, oh, why, must, he leave, me here, to rot? Why, oh, why, does he, ignore, me oh, so much? (normal) Where the heck is he? That Lone Man is soon gonna be a lone man! Eeek! A little baby learning how to walk. So cuuuuuuuuute! Come here child. Mother pneuma will take goooood care of yooooou! Don’t cry. Come on. (sings) Rock a bye baby….
It’s his fault! All his fault. If it weren’t for his stupid ‘revelation’ of who took the stupid homework, who cares?! It’s just homework. What an idiot. Just don’t-. AAAAAGH! The idiocy is infectious. Make him stop thinking about that and bring him back to me, you weasel!

Loner’s POV
Ah, reading, what a wonderful adventure into the realm of the unknown. Or I could just read fiction…. Anyway, yeah. I wonder why people use ‘anyways’? That word doesn’t even exist! Then again, most people don’t read dictionaries. Or encyclopedias…. Not that I ‘have’. I just glance through them, of course…. Ooh, look here! That boy with the orange soda has come to collect money again. It is so fun to ‘play’ with him. He looks just so happy when he gets those three quarters and nickel every day. It almost makes me laugh. But. Why is he begging all of a sudden? He looks close to tears. My reading does not tell me much about how to deal with crying people. Ah well. Best find out what he wants then.
Hmm, a student union against Principal Tribute? I must say that these detentions do waste my time. But what can one do? I would suppose organized nonviolent resistance would be the best way to do this. Yet those events take too long and are far too common nowadays. Let’s do what most idiots do for fast action. Surround and shout at the offender until he changes his mind. One might call that popular opinion, majority rules, or even intimidation. I’ll call it something else. Passive coercion. Precisely.
Oh dear. What nonsense. They say that you actually have to own a laptop to get it checked. However, I do not appear to even own a single digital machine such as that. Not even a desktop computer. My trusty typewriter and I have been loyal friends for how many years? And I’m not going to forget the trusty printing press and set of types. No sirree. But since I don’t have a laptop, I’m gonna get detention forever!!! Let’s see, uh, where’s that list of names. Oh! Right. Hyperion and Sanctum are very lucky to have their own laptops. Wait a minute. Is Sanctum playing games in the library?! And how do I know everyone’s names so well?
Let’s see. To ensure future orange soda supplies I must keep 502nd PR happy. Also, I’ll be happy that I can read in quieter locations than that office of Principal Tribute’s. These teachers will provide very good support in our surround and shout plan of action. Very surprising results. Principal Tribute never seemed to be so weak to me. We didn’t even get to shout. But as long as we’re detention free….

Jane’s POV
No! I’m not a girl! But don’t go away. Ugh. I’m not on the lowest level of human society! I’m just not at your level. And I’m not a girl. Don’t walk away from me. No! Don’t shun me. I’m not worthless!
This school meeting has really shown me that if I don’t want continued detention with Principal Tribute, I’ve got to check it now. Let’s see. Room 10? Ah. Yes. Right, I have a virus scanner. I do use automatic updates. I like chocolate. I don’t eat chocolate with my computer. My name is on the laptop case. Uh oh. I don’t have ClientKey. What’s that anyways? No! Don’t turn away from me too! Um, does that say Murders Inc? So it’s done? Alright. Thanks. I’m outta here. Uh, was that the bell? … shoot.
Okay, you should go away. I want everyone else to stay but why don’t you, like most other people, go away? You’re annoying, selfish, snotty, okay maybe not snotty. But I don’t like you! Why is it you that has to stay near me?! No…. And now you’re asking for help. Well, I don’t like this….
How lucky. This is a nice turn of events. Not only did I manage to get my laptop checked and avoid detention that way. But Principal Tribute has cancelled all of his! I love that library kid. In a non-platonic manner of course. See? See?! This is what Ethics and AP Euro does to you! Arrrgh!

Snitch’s POV
How boring. There’s nothing to see. Just that moneymaking freak picking up some red paper and the mean boy running off to class followed by that girl, I mean, boy. Whatever. I wish there was something more I could find. How’s a snitch supposed to make money in a school where everyone’s perfect?!
That girl, err, boy, is walking away from me again. I don’t like it. How can I not be involved in such things I’d like to know. Geez. And he doesn’t like me either. All the more reason that I should use blackmail. But what can I find? Oh, well. I must go elsewhere.
Wait. He’s lost what?! He lost some homework?! Now when have I found someone taking some homework. Oh. OH! It was 502nd PR. Heh heh heh. This could buy me some favors. Run along now the Lone Man. After you beat him up, rewards will simply crawl their way towards me! All hail the omniscient D’artagnan! Now, I didn’t say that out loud did I? I hope not….
Stop ignoring me! Everyone else ignores you. Why do you ignore me?! Dah! Hey. What’s that green…. Oh shoot. Did I? I didn’t…. Oh, please help me get my laptop checked! I don’t know how. And-why-are-you-acquiescing-so-quickly-is-there-something-wrong.
It’s not my fault! Just because I said that 502nd PR took the homework doesn’t mean that I’ve taken away your boyfriend. No! I refuse. That would be asking too much to straighten it out. What do you mean it’s my fault?! I already told you….
An interesting child. He seems what’s the word for it. Precocious? No. Downright annoying. Yeah. But at least he’s defending me with this confounding rhetoric. Even Mewtarthio has come to watch. And he seems to be apologizing for some reason. Wow. Even the Lone Man is apologizing for almost slamming me into a wall multiple times.

Top Bottom