WW2 Grumman "TBF Avenger" torpedo bomber

ArdRaeiss

Chieftain
WW2 USA Grumman "TBF Avenger" carrier based torpedo bomber. Completely new unit, including texture and custom animation. Bomb attack against ground and sea unit and machineguns vs aircrafts.
Can be used as bomber(give him something like "+25% vs ships, -10% intercepr, -10% vs intercept, -10 vs fighters" promotion) and fighter. Additionaly can be used as anti-submarine unit. Recomended "base unit" - CivIV fighter.

Model: new, 912 polys
Texture: new, 1 version
Animation: custom, use TBF_Avenger.kfm
Effects: Civ4
Sounds: Civ4
Scale: fscale=0.48
Icons: new, 2 versions included.

Screenshots:

Download from DB

During creation of animation for this aircraft i discovered "bugs" in "MotionFlow_Aircraft.jpg":

1) Idle (ec1000) and Run (ec1010) animations must have "Loop animation" flag
2) Missed description of Hurt (ec1023) animation. I use 15 frames, but it can be(i don't know) 30 frames(as Run and Bomb). This animation played wher aircrafts takes damage during interception OR after beign shooted down. The Die animation plays less frequent.

That poor German biplane, it doesn't even begin to realize what's hangin' over it. ;)

Good build, Ardraeiss. Splendid plane for any mod that distinguishes between marine-based aircraft and landbased ones.

Btw, do you mean your custom animation has a bug, or the fighter animations that came with vanilla Civ?

GeoModder said:
Btw, do you mean your custom animation has a bug, or the fighter animations that came with vanilla Civ?
No :) The "bug" in the fighter animation chart, included in samples for NIF exporter. I rework the picture and you can see the differeces:
Old
Modified

Cool! Cool Cool! :)

Completely new unit, including texture and custom animation. Bomb attack against ground and sea unit and machineguns vs aircrafts.
I just wanted to mention that any custom modders who make single-engine light bombers might want to see if they can tie their animations to this custom animation... as it allows "bombs" to drop when bombing and guns to fire when fighting. That's better then tieing single-engine light bombers to the default fighter animation, as you won't get any bomb-dropping action.

I'd like to see some "redos" if possible... Snafu's Ju-87 and any other single-engine light bomber should be considered as redo candidates on this matter.

P.S.
Oh... and on the subject of the Avenger... where there any other skins/textures besides the default blue one? Did anyone do a drab green skin or something? I can't find any other skins, but I did find a green-skinned BUTTON.

Top Bottom