Idea for a Succession Game: World Aflame, Warmonger's Dream

mutax2003

Rider of China, 4-3-3
Here is my idea for a succession game:

Civ: China, Mao Zedong
Difficulty: Monarch
Condition: Conquest, Domination, UN Victory Through Domination
Map: Pangaea, standard
Opponents: Default Number of Civs (All Aggressive Civs, With Aggressive AI Option On)
Setting: Raging Barbarians

Let me know if you are interested in signing on.

Sounds tempting why don't you post a start and say whether it's vanilla or warlords (patched probably preferred because of improvement of expansive). The Mao Zedong is quite good expansive/protective. I haven't played him much and would like to try.

Another fellow Canadian. (Southern Ontario)

(regular monarch player although still getting used to the patched version of warlords)

Alright, I have gone ahead and generated the start. It is 4000 BC, and the sun shines on the chinese empire, etc, etc.

Here is our starting location and the save:

As stated previously, all our opponents are aggressive civs (there is only one Mongolia included). All victory conditions are enabled, but we must win through conquest, domination, or UN victory through domination. We are looking for 7 players, then we will start the game, sign up now and crush those pesky AI civs under our collective boots.

Mutax start looks ok maybe there are more goodies hiding in the fog. Also you might want to post in the registration thread to attract more players. Just put a link to this thread and be patient. Sometimes people show up right away or it takes a few days. Starting tech I would suggest be fishing to help growth/science. First build be a work boat to get the necessary coin for some fast research.

Done. The game is now registered as a succession game. Regarding techs for research, I would prioritize archery early since it is on raging barb setting. Since we are going for domination, we will build a lot of workshops and run state property if the game gets to that point.

Mutax it's your SG but don't worry about barbs as they won't show up for a while. (I think it's 50 turns and will be warriors) I have held out with warriors but quoting from CFR SGOTM02 (they won) barb axes won't show up until 1200 BC (if this is epic). The fish will give a quick boost to science/growth and then build some warriors. I tend to go for bronze working fairly soon to see if there's copper near by. If it is, settle there and forget archery altogether since it cost and on monarch warlords patched it's a lot harder I find and archery can easily be a trade tech down the road complimenting a good tech for several techs. It's your decision of course but I find research in the beginning with the extra coins really makes a difference.

PS: if there is no copper near by then consider archery. Or even consider going for Iron working. Since this is a military game it will be needed anyways.

This isn't a sign-up -- more like "I wish I could sign up but my plate is already full!" But I'll definitely be lurking.

I concur with Cosmichail's observations. There's time to go for metals first and then research Archery if you come up dry. Axemen make excellent fog AND head busters.

Lurker Comment
Some potential players might be a bit put off coz the variant is quite similar to the last SGOTM but I'm sure you'll get enough people in the end

Top Bottom