Old Timer (26 March 2007)

Plotinus

Philosopher
Retired Moderator
Another variation on the "old man with gun" idea for the Escape From Zombie Island II scenario. He'll teach you to "respect your elders!" - if his heart doesn't give out first...

Many thanks to Vuldacon for making the great sounds, redoing the palettes, adjusting the animations, and generally doing everything short of making the original renders.

Special bonus 1: this download contains four attacks, but only the first two are used in the ini. Feel free to fiddle with it to change the attacks as you like.

Get him here.

Special bonus 2: this unit comes in two versions. The alternative version has civ colour on the helmet instead of the trousers, but is otherwise exactly the same.

Get him here.

Not sure how many mods would use it, but very nicely done as always. Love the heel click and the medals on his chest. He fought for our freedom before we were born you know?

Now you've REALLY dethroned aaglo as the king of bizaare units. :king: :crazyeye:

Kill this post please... Stupid internet shorted out and double posted.

Great work Plot, you've captured the character perfectly and the sounds by Vuldacon really round it off.

Here's the pedia entry for Old War Vets

^{Faction(s): Survivors}
^[Old War Vets] are occupants of Paradise Island with prior military experience. When the Zombie attack began, they grabbed their old guns
(from under their pillows) and rose to the call of duty once again. Despite the fact that most have cataracts and fight in their pyjamas, these old coffin-dodgers can put up a helluva good fight against the Zombies.
^
^[Bounses:] {can be Drafted; Lethal Defensive Bombardment; 6 extra Hit Points}
#DESC_PRTO_Old_War_Vet
^
^
^"Bah, Zombies. I hate 'em, But these Zombies are wimps. Back in my day, Zombies were real vicious and we had to fight 'em all the time on the way to school... through a blizzard... going up-hill... both ways. Let me at 'em and I'll show you how to blast 'em back where they belong... whoopee!"

:lol: King Arthur, that pedia entry is too funny... If I ever get time to play civ (beyond testing the FF mod), I'll be sure to download EFZI....

Plot, this unit is also very humorous, too....I'm almost tempted to add him as the "Citizen Militia" in the FF mod.... ALMOST!

Plotinus... Just want to say Thanks again for making this much needed unit for Escape From Zombie Island 2. The sounds for the Old Timer were made so this unit can be added to any Game, rather than limit him to one Scenario.
Great Fun having him in the game and you did an excellent job on him...Exactly what was wanted in every way...perfect. I very much appreciate your rendering the alternative version that will be used for "Abe Peters" in the game at the Old Folks Home. :)
I am sure many others will use this unit and get a good laugh from this well done Character. :clap: :worship: :band: :dance: :thanx:

Top Bottom