• Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
Please vote for the person you feel would make the best Chieftainfor this term.

Candidates:
  • Methos
  • Nobody
  • Skipper1989

The candidate with the most votes at the conclusion of the poll will be the Chieftain for Term 2. In the event of a tie, a run-off poll listing all tied candidates will be conducted. This will continue until we have a winner.

Poll Options:
-- Private
-- 3 days duration
-- Single choice

Voting time... hmmm which candidate do i wish to vote for... lets look at my criteria...

Who has the Best policys?

Who do i think will live up to his policys?

...really nothing else matters, the rest is just puffery to try to pull my attention away from the issues and towards the lesser candiate...

So lets examine the 3 candiates policys

Nobodys:
Spoiler :
Military
Short term our military should continue to grow, with early warriors and other units for defense and scouting.
Longer term we need to establish a offensive force, we know there are other nations out there and at some stage me might have to fight them. This force should be made up of Keshiks and Catapult, with a few swords, spears and archers to mix things up.

Foreign Affairs
Short term we should befriend our neighbours, we can trade with them to get what we want. Once we have taken what we want diplomatically then we can decide as a nation if we should go war.

Personally I prefer to grow fill our empty space, have a early war to grab a large chunk of land and then stay at peace for the rest of the game. This early war would probably fall within my term as Leader.

Domestic
We should continue our growth, while ensuring we have adequate infrastructure to support our growing civilization.

Culture and Religion
In short: We need to establish a religion and culture. Researching code of law before any other civilization will allow us to establish the religion known as Confucianism. We should establish cultural building around this religion.

Science
Science is the means we use to achieve our other goals. I think we should research mathematics to get mathematics and horseback riding for military reason, Code of laws for religious ones and writing for diplomatic reasons. These would be researched in the most logical order.

If elected I would create offices for each of these policy areas, at first these offices would be appointed sub-presidential offices and depending on legality of it, they could become official offices elected at the next elections.

The new offices I would create would be:

Warchief: Responsible for the waging of war and the defense of the nation.
Would have the power to control all military units.

High Ambassador: Responsible for Signing treaties and declaring war.
Responsible for all foreign trades.
Responsible for establishment of embassies.
Would have the power to control all espionage units.

Domestic Chief: responsible for overseeing planning worker assignments and mediating any arguments between elders. If a new city has not been assigned a Elder the Domestic chief shall manage that province or city until a elder is elected to mange that province or city. The Domestic Chief is also responsible for changing civics and the tax rate.

High Priest: Responsible for all Religious and Cultural decisions, including changing the state religion.

Great Seer: Responsible for the research queue and other scientific affairs.

Methos :
Spoiler :
Cities: I am a strong supporter of city specialization and would prefer we specialize our cities towards specific ends, such as production, science/commerce, GP farm, etc. I would like to discuss with all the elders and citizens how to tailor our cities to better manage our empire. I would also build a third city soon, so that we could expand our great empire.

Research: I would push for Alphabet. I'd prefer getting to Alphabet as fast as possible, in hopes of beating all other nations to it so that we can control the trading of technologies.

Foreign Relations: I'd prefer to extend our reach to other nations outside of our knowledge, so we can have a better view of the world we live in. Seek ways for our scouts to travel to distant lands, whether it be across savage lands or uncharted waters.

Warlord: One of my first actions would be to seek a great leader among our citizens, who would manage our military.

Skippy:
Spoiler :
My Lords, Ladies and Gentleman of Yasutan,

I am here to swear a pledge of allegiance to you and our country and to make clear my desire to serve this infant nation and to help it mature to it’s full potential of a prosperous empire. History will judge us not on promises, pledges and dreams but on action and I am a man of action. The early days of any civilization are the most crucial. Mistakes made now will cause repercussions for generations and the need for a great leader is more pressing than ever.

Nobody plans to share out his power but by doing this, all he serves to do is dilute it. Precious time will be wasted away as committee after committee argues incessantly over issues of insignificancy. If I am elected, my government and I will listen to the peoples wishes but I know they will trust my government and I to exert authority where we feel necessary. In the latter stages, I propose the construction of some sort of parliament as a check to any unpopular measures as extreme power can be dangerous in the wrong hands. Doing so would require a change in the constitution and a referendum would duly be held so the masses can have their voice heard.

Militarily, the best for of defence is offence. We must build up a strong military to defend against those who would destroy us and destroy those who may become worthy opponents in the future. We must operate a policy of extermination of our most obvious rivals earlier on so as to have a chance of winning overall.

In Foreign Affairs we would do well to make close bonds with one ally and to be indifferent to other nations. That way we can continue to trade without the risk of opening our borders to every state across the globe. With this strong ally, our two great nations will be able to police, not oppress, the rest of the world.

Domestically we need to expand rapidly within our means so as to expand our borders to their maximum potential as early as possible. Only this way can we hope to dominate; only by dominating can we hope to be victorious.

Establishing culture is of high importance to make us the envy of the other nations but I see religion as not a major issue. After all, it sometimes causes more problems than it solves but if the people want it, I would not be wholly unwilling to pursue such an avenue of thought.

We must lead the pack from the beginning in terms of scientific research. Our goals in the early days should be militarily focused and then gradually balance to a military/academic balance. If necessary votes could be taken in the latter stages of which technology to research next but, at least in the early days of my regime, such decisions would be taken by the Minister for Development.

To help me in the running of the country I would create the following offices:

Minister for War: Has control of military units. Reports to myself.

Foreign Minister: Responsible for dealing with other nations in all areas. Reports to myself.

Minister of the Interior: Responsible for overall domestic growth. Reports to me.

Minister for Culture & Intelligence: Responsible for culture of our nation and others. Controls espionage units. Would require close collaboration with Minister for War. Reports to myself

Minister for Research: In control of what is researched and science levels. Reports to myself.

I propose that in the future, once our state is more firmly established, we elect a parliament of 5 citizens who the ministers and myself would be answerable to. Only in the most extreme situations with a majority vote from the cabinet, could such a parliament be suspended ( i.e. During a critical stage during war).

The only other candidate who has readily laid his plans down on the table is Nobody; a commendable effort from a worthy opponent. However, the candidate himself admits he has made mistakes; mistakes, are the one thing this nation cannot hope to survive if they are made too frequently. Therefore, by his own admission, Nobody may not be the best candidate for our growing empire at this time. Consider this when you chose who to vote for.

Remember, a vote for Nobody is literally what it says. Vote Nobody and you shall condemn our nation to an eternity of anonymity in the history books.

The choice is yours.
(well err... its in there somewhere)

Now they pretty much say the same sort of thing, methos seems to know a bit more about city specilization, i dont like skippys parliament "thing" and his whole anti-nobody route is pretty silly, and nobody seems to want to establish a early religon sounds like a good idea.

Now methos knows about city specilzation while nobody dosent mention it, but nobody seems to admit he isnt the best at everything, maybe i should vote for nobody and then he can appoint Methos as domestic guy. hmmm..

OK so thats settled i prefer Nobodys Policy.

Lets look at question two.

Nobody has been in office a few times, normally he campaigns on the basis of Being honest and showing up every day. Though i notice he didnt this time, probably because he knows as well as some people. that last time he held a office it was president and he didnt do well, did nothing wrong but didnt put his heart into it.
On the other hand he is always funny and honest, probably deserves another shot.

Methos is newish to the demogame, i dont remeber him holding any important offices (i could be mistaken) so far. From what iv seen he has done a good job at what he has done e.g. election officer.

SkipperIs new as well, i have no way at all to judge his honesty or integrity of course i should give him the benefit of the doubt.

After looking at my two creteria i think i would vote nobody because his policy is better. He wants to create new offices and i know if he is elected i get a job (cheiftain ;) ) and i belive him when he says he wants to do all those good things for our country. Methos is a strong competitor, but overall i vote nobody.

....................................................................................
That is how i choose who i voted for i looked at the issues and selected the person i felt should win. I dont care if you vote against me but i prefer if you could say why so i can improve for future elections.

Good luck methos and VOTE NOBODY!!.

"his whole anti-nobody route is pretty silly"

It's not anti-Nobody, it's Pro-Skipper. I'm not more against you anymore than I am Methos. All you did is write more so we traded a few political blows.

See folks, this guy's even paranoid;)

Dutch Proverb: Als twee honden vechten om een been, loopt de derde er mee heen.
Literal Translation: "When two dogs fight over a bone, a third one carries it away."
Meaning: "Quibbling (or worse) between two parties, leads to opportunities for a third party."

Do not vote for a man who wishes to be your master. Vote for a man who wishes to be your servant.

A vote for Skipper is a vote for future success.

I must and want to post something about our political system, but I shall only

do it, after current polls close.

Best regards,

Top Bottom