Strength: 6
Immune to first strikes
Can withdraw from combat (20% chance)
+50% against catapult
receives Amphibious promotion.

UB: Batavian Stable.

Batavii

[BtS Modular] Batavii Civ

Ok so this civ was requested by pay-t in the CivGold forum to be included in CivGold 4. I doubt Wyz will include it in this release of CivGold, but for future versions, who knows :p So now at least while you wait for them to be in CivGold you can play with them pay-t! :D As always thanks to Wyz for the flag, he really out did himself this time with one of the best looking flags I have seen so far! :goodjob: As always all comments are welcome. I hope everyone enjoys! :king:

UPDATE: Now Updated for BtS with Modular capabilities
To run any of my modular files, you need to go into your BtS config file (My Docs/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Civ4Config.ini IIRC), and change
ModularLoading = 0
to
ModularLoading = 1
then install the file into your Beyond the Sword mods directory. The file is set up to run immediately so you dont need to create any folders. Then start up your game, go to advanced, then load a mod and select your mod. And it should work.

admitedly, ive never heard of them before this, but it looks great, especially the UU.

admitedly, ive never heard of them before this, but it looks great, especially the UU.

The Batavii are a Celto-Germanic tribe of the Rhine delta. They are said to originally have links to the Chatti tribe. They are considered to be one of the founding sub-groups of the modern Dutch people along with the Frisians, Franks and Saxons.

Yea pretty proud of the UU, normally I do foot soldiers and not mounted troops so he is something different for me. I am very pleased with how he came out, actually I'm pleased with how the whole civ came out! :D

The civ looks very well developed and the UU looks great, Aranor. Only thing is that it looks to be overpowered ... not only does it have great bonuses (and a free promotion to begin with) but its UU also gets an extra promotion because of the +5 experience from the UB. The combination results in a unit that could be virtually unstoppable.

The civ looks very well developed and the UU looks great, Aranor. Only thing is that it looks to be overpowered ... not only does it have great bonuses (and a free promotion to begin with) but its UU also gets an extra promotion because of the +5 experience from the UB. The combination results in a unit that could be virtually unstoppable.

I see exactly what you are saying Shqype. But I have actually nurfed the Alae from what was originally suggested by pay-t. The Alae only recieves the Amphibious promotion, the rest of those traits are available on the standard Horse Archer. As for the extra promotion that the Stable would give, its nothing I feel that a standard stable would not give. As the second promotion is given at 5 xp and the 3rd at 10 xp. With the Batavian Stable the Alae would receive 8 xp, 3 points closer to the next level, but does not get an extra promotion.

Thanks alot again (second forum in which I thank you:p)
You really did a great job. Sorry I couldn't reply to you earlier questions I was held up in Prague. Apperently there wasn't alot of internet in there:lol: :lol:

I really love the way it came out. If you need help on any other future civ your planning of making, and I'm not in Prague. Just PM me ;)

Thanks alot again (second forum in which I thank you:p)
You really did a great job. Sorry I couldn't reply to you earlier questions I was held up in Prague. Apperently there wasn't alot of internet in there:lol: :lol:

I really love the way it came out. If you need help on any other future civ your planning of making, and I'm not in Prague. Just PM me ;)

How's your knowledge of Germanic tribes pay-t?

I really like the dark beard. I actually had to look up Ragnar's picture to see how they compared and was shocked to see that color changes were the only difference! You picked those colors well it seems.

If you wanted to further distinguish him though, I would suggest possibly removing the horns from the helmet model and retexturing the mail for a slightly different effect. Definitely keep the dark beard and red cape though.

Is this one for Warlords, or can I get it for vanilla too?

How's your knowledge of Germanic tribes pay-t?

It's growing by the day to be honest:p. So you can say it is quite good. I made a map wich includes almost all Germanic tribes.

Btw, if found some kind of "error" everytime i wanted to build the Batavian Stable

My Xfire message says the error is somewhere in here: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<ExceptionReport Version="4">
<Application Build="25831" Command="&quot;D:\Program files D\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier&apos;s Civilization 4\Warlords\Civ4Warlords.exe&quot; multiple mod=&quot;Mods\Batavii\&quot;"/>
<OperatingSystem Type="2"><Version Major="5" Minor="1" Build="2600"/></OperatingSystem>
<Exception Code="C0000005" Address="004C26FA"><Module Section="0001" Offset="000C16FA" FileName="D:\Program files D\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier&apos;s Civilization 4\Warlords\Civ4Warlords.exe"/></Exception>
<Registers EAX="28C22568" EBX="7C809766" ECX="00000000" EDX="DAA000A9" ESI="28C22530" EDI="00000000" CS="001B" EIP="004C26FA" SS="0023" ESP="0012F188" EBP="00000000" DS="0023" ES="0023" FS="003B" GS="0000" Flags="00010246"/>
<BackTrace>
</BackTrace>
</ExceptionReport>

OK Aranor, thanks for pointing that out to me. I thought you added more bonuses than just the promotion (I forgot what the vanilla horse archer had). Now that I look at it, it's a very well balanced UU. It has enough bonuses to make it a worthy, useful, UU and at the same time it isn't overpowered. Good job!

OK Aranor, thanks for pointing that out to me. I thought you added more bonuses than just the promotion (I forgot what the vanilla horse archer had). Now that I look at it, it's a very well balanced UU. It has enough bonuses to make it a worthy, useful, UU and at the same time it isn't overpowered. Good job!

Thats no problems my old friend. Sorry if I came across as overly ...errr.... aggressive in my defence of this UU :mischief:

I really like the dark beard. I actually had to look up Ragnar's picture to see how they compared and was shocked to see that color changes were the only difference! You picked those colors well it seems.

If you wanted to further distinguish him though, I would suggest possibly removing the horns from the helmet model and retexturing the mail for a slightly different effect. Definitely keep the dark beard and red cape though.

If I could edit the actual .nif in blender he would look much different. As it is the Horns on the helmet are appropriate if you look at when Ragnar lived and when Civilis lived there was only a few hundred years difference. But in that time the Roman Empire had collapsed and the technology growth had slowed right down. Also there are many fine examples of Celto- Germanic helmets of this style. The Chain mail armor could have been changed up, but unfortunately I dont have any textures of the size that would have been required for Civilis other wise I certainly would have done that too. As he is I personally like him and Im not really keen on changing him too much.

Good news. I was able to replicate the error, but this weekend has been really busy for me with work, my gf, and my Grandmothers 80th birthday. However Thanks to Shqype the problem has been found and fixed. Right now I'm doing 1 final test and should have it posted later tonight.:goodjob:

Ok guys and girls i have finished testing and so far no crashes. Sorry for the problems. Thanks again to Shqype for finding the solution. The download has been fixed to link to the new file. Happy playing.

Ok so this civ was requested by pay-t in the CivGold forum to be included in CivGold 4. I doubt Wyz will include it in this release of CivGold, but for future versions, who knows :p

We're going to try to get this one in, along with Baktria and Seleukeia. I wasn't sold on Batavii as a separate civ, but you did such a good job that I think it needs to be there.

We're going to try to get this one in, along with Baktria and Seleukeia. I wasn't sold on Batavii as a separate civ, but you did such a good job that I think it needs to be there.

Whether you put them in or not its ok. I'm just happy every one seems to like my work! :D And my work will be represented alot with the UU's you have me doing as well as the Romanian civ. Besides you know what I have planned :lol: :p And I think people are going to love that even more! :D

P.S I will get to those other model in the next day or so. I kindda needed a break from staring at my screen endlessly making units and civs. Ill be back at work probably tomorrow.

You know, if you need help with pedia entry's or just plain information about civs, you can always count on me:D

Thanks for the offer but I'm pretty much right for the moment. /my next two are already researched and ready to begin work on as soon as I finish these units for WYZ.

Top Bottom