RPG Infantry - 5/13/2007

NavyDawg

Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
Modern Infantry armed with an RPG-7, made for my first Unit Lottery, which was won by Wyrmshadow. Enjoy.;)

Download him here.

From Wikipedia:

The RPG-7 is a widely-produced, portable, shoulder-launched, anti-tank rocket-propelled grenade weapon. The RPG-7 (Ruchnoy Protivotankoviy Granatomet, "Handheld Anti-Tank Grenade Launcher") and its predecessor the RPG-2 were designed by the Soviet Union. The ruggedness, simplicity, low cost, and effectiveness of the RPG-7 have made it the most widely used RPG in the world. Currently around 40 countries use the weapon, and it is manufactured in a number of variants by nine countries. It is also popular with irregular and guerrilla forces. Numerous recent conflicts with such forces have seen extensive use of the RPG-7, including the Battle of Mogadishu, War in Afghanistan, and Iraq War.

5/28/2007 Edit: More RPG units now available here.

Update - 3/10/2008: New version added with Russian Camo and helmet.

Download here.

That was real quick. And damn good too.

Yep, definitely going in my C&C scenario as the Rocket Soldier. To be honest, I think we are in the midst of the next Kinboat.

I predict this will be one of the most downloaded units, period. Sorely needed.

Thanks guys, glad you like how he turned out.

@ Commodore, thanks for the compliment, but I think you're overselling my abilities.:) Kinboat made wonderful units, and also provided the Civ III modding community with some amazing models (featured in this unit ironically enough). I'm happy just to take his models and throw some new animations out there.

You' re really quick but the unit is very good.
Thanks, 'cos this was my lottery choice too

I have a confession to do... NavyDawg's units are one of the main reason of the renewal of my interest in finishing my mod.

As long as he makes new units of such quality and interest in game, I'll feel compel to continue working on my mod.

I still have a lot of gaps I hope he can fill some time in the future, but he already helped a lot

Yep, definitely going in my C&C scenario as the Rocket Soldier. To be honest, I think we are in the midst of the next Kinboat.

Since we are being honest, I`d say that quite a few of our Poser guys easily match Kinboat. I mean, there is a limit to how good an animation can turn out (perfect!) , and these guys have reached it, some even with their first unit.

Why Kinboat should still be revered as a unit making deity is cos he had no tutorial (utah! :thumbsup:) and he made a crapload of props all by himself.

@aaglo - in FPS I always prefer a clean headshot over the cumbersome RPG ;)

BTW: did I say that I love the unit? I do! Its great! :D

'Twas my request, too. Love how it turned out... :thumbsup:
And you do exhibit kinboatian qualities... :)

Wow, this is a fantastic job job man! Well done:goodjob:

Excellent Unit NavyDawg... your attention to details and subtle movements in animations set your work with Top Class appeal. :goodjob:

As for Kinboat, I believe his work has been surpassed by many unit makers quite some time ago. Kinboat gained a good following from making many units when others were just getting started. The Main thing I never liked with Kinboat's biped units is that they broke their ankles in the death animations. One foot was set stationary, flat on the ground, as the unit fell. Like many others, when making Death animations, it is as if they do not matter and were and are generally too abrupt. The Original Game units are also too abrupt to do a good unit justice. Even if just a few more frames are added so the unit is seen for a fraction of a second longer after they hit the ground, it helps place the image in the mind better then an abrupt Vanishing. Many Units just start to fall and do not even hit the ground in some animations. Death Animations are just as important as any other animation because we see this animation many times in our games. NavyDawg pays more attention to this and includes more detail for Death animations which follows through and completes all animations with the same consideration.

There are Hundreds of extremely well done units that have been created and that are being made now. The Only thing that I personally would like to see corrected that the majority seem to continue to do is correct the Slow Motion Run and Slow Motion Fall in Death animations...not natural at all. These happen from Frame Rate settings when the unit is being made and also the Flc speed that is used or that then can be used when generating the final Flc.

Kinboat was very good at some things and he provided some of the things he used for the CIV Community. He made some excellent units but he was surpassed long ago in some areas and equaled in most. IF the animations Kinboat made are being used as a "Standard" for classifying how well done a unit is, it now seems to only be comparing the level of general appeal and the following a unit creator has because many units are far better than Kinboat's now and I am sure he would agree.

...You are doing Top Class Units NavyDawg and there is no comparison needed.

Top Bottom