Asia Buildings Pack 1 (Now with Civ-grass!)

Ogedei_the_Mad

Caffeinated Khagan
This is a major compilation of my Asian buildings. ALL buildings have the standard Civ-grass background. :)

The buildings are as follows from left to right:
Row 1
1. Han Dynasty Artisans' District
2. Han Dynasty City Fortress
3. Han Dynasty Gardens
4. Han Dynasty Magistrate
5. Tokugawa Period Printer's Shop
Row 2
1. Japanese Hot Springs Bath
2. Japanese Castle Keep
3. Korean Library
4. Korean Shrine
5. Tokugawa Period Teahouse
Row 3
1. Korean Buddhist Temple
2. Korean Coastal Fortress
3. Nalanda University, Bihar, India
4. Prambanan, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

NOTE: It appears that I forgot to include the wonder splashes for the Artisans' District, Nalanda University, and Prambanan. You'll have to get them by downloading those graphics. Just go to my graphics library in my sig to get them. ;)

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4856

Previews:

The only slight 'problem' i can see (but it is not a big thing) is that the background for the Prambanan was shrinked too much. You could have kept it in the same size, and shrinked the building.

But everything looks very pleasant :)

Fantastic! Now I wish someone did something similar for other culture groups besides the mediterranean!

Man, those are absolutely superb Ogedei!

With the exception of the last two, each of those buildings will be going into my Sei-i Taishogun scenario...unless of course you have something against it? Hopefully that's not the case cause it would mean a major blow to my plans. :please:

The only slight 'problem' i can see (but it is not a big thing) is that the background for the Prambanan was shrinked too much. You could have kept it in the same size, and shrinked the building.

Yeah, I noticed that. I forgot to change the texturing percentage to fit the pic. Honestly, I don't really like standardized angles and civ grass since they seem so lifeless. However, most here seem to prefer standard. The variations of zooms are deliberate, of course. I like a little disorderliness in my work. :)

One thing that I am quite pleased about, however, is how the "Greeting Cat" statue turned out at civ-angle. :D

@Gen. Rommel:
All these buildings are free for the Civ community. Now start finishing up that scenario! :D

One other thing - One thing that might not fit a Japanese scenario aside from Nalanda and Prambanan is the Korean shrine since it's uniquely Korean. You can use Hikaro's Shinto Shrine if you need one. ;) Or, I can make one modelled off of the Ise Shrine this week.

EDIT: I just realized that I forgot to include the Herbalist's Shop. I'll include that in the next buildings pack.

Ogedei_the_Mad... I do not use any CIV Terrain, etc.. and do not prefer "Standard" Civ Grass or Civilopedia Images for example. I believe it is a matter of many people only add a few things they would like to have in their games and because they do not MOD their entire Game to change things such as the CIV Grass backgrounds for all images in the Civilopedia, they simply want to keep all images the same...and that means "Standard CIV Grass. More people will add your work if they do not have to change all images in their game to match something different"...There are people that do not know how or have the software to do it if they wanted to :). It is a little extra work but offering your creations with the standard Civ Grass Background as well as any new background that you prefer is helpful to some others. So it is probably not that the CIV Grass is preferable as a comparison, it is just what they have the most of and want to keep continuity.

One other thing - One thing that might not fit a Japanese scenario aside from Nalanda and Prambanan is the Korean shrine since it's uniquely Korean. You can use Hikaro's Shinto Shrine if you need one. ;) Or, I can make one modelled off of the Ise Shrine this week.

I was actually going to use Hikaro's Shinto shrine for another building, so if it's truly no trouble (as in, only a minor modification) to change the Korean shrine, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Do you also take up requests in this thread or is it meant only for updates?

If it's East, South, or Southeast Asia related, then I'm open to requests. ;)

Excellent! Of course anything I'll be requesting will be Japanese related, so I believe it fits the criteria.

First building I would definitely be needing is a Japanese feudal era blacksmith building. I hope to fully integrate this into scenario, making it the prerequisite of quite a few of the essential elements in the game. I could use the blacksmith used in MEM, but then again, it does look EXTREMELY European.

I would also be needing an imperial palace, one that does NOT look like the standard palace in the game, reason being it will be an already built wonder for the city of Kyoto.

Also quite useful would be some kind of Japanese naval wonder. Though naval battles were not an integral part of Japanese warfare during the Sengoku, loading up several ships with Samurai and launching an invasion attack from the sea was. I believe something with a few Japanese elements would do.

A truly identifiable Geisha house. The graphic they used for the original Sengoku mod was terrible, and might just as easily represented any other building in Japan. I was thinking something with some tacky lanterns in the front, a few signs to attract customers, and some welcoming lighting pertruding from the interior of the building.

Don't feel the need to do all of those...or any for that matter. I'm just throwing out ideas for things that would be useful for me (and others I believe as well). If it's any incentive, these graphics will not be going only into one scenario...many Japanese scenarios from me are on the horizon, all of which can use some if not all of those buildings.

Here's a Shinto shrine based on the Ise Shrine. There's still a few more details to add, but the building is fairly straightforward. :)

Attachments

• iseshrineprev.jpg
    iseshrineprev.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 98
Top Bottom