Saruman LeaderHead

Chuggi

Espada
This is an animated leaderhead of Saruman from the Lord of the Rings.
Many thanks to Iloveplayciv for finding the nice hair model for his Joan of Arc LeaderHead (originally from a mod for Oblivion).

I modified it to look more like Saruman's, and the beard is Brennus' (modified aswell).

Enjoy. Here's the Download!

Very nice.:goodjob: :D

He looks a bit asian though. You may want to touch up a bit to make him less tokugawa but I'm just being picky.

I really like his background.:)

Nice!

I slightly agree with he fact that he looks a bit too asian, but it's a minor nitpick :p...

The one thing i cuold ask is that the background be either a view of ISengard, or in that room inside Isengard where the palantir is and Saruman and Gandalf fight...

Of from that balcony from where he addreses the masses of Uruk-Hai.

On the whole, good job, Ghuggi :)

I like it! :goodjob: These new leaderheads are looking better and better, first Iloveciv's Joan of arc and Ivan the terrible, now you and your Lord of the Rings leaderheads...
Asian eyes aside, I'm actually simple impressed at how much it dosen't look like our good friend toku. I can put this into the game without feeling too bad looking at clones of famous people. (Not to criticize anyone, after all I haven't dared to even release any leaderheads yet.)

Are there anymore on the way? :mischief:

Personally, as long as it's cool and looks as great as your Saruman and Sauron leaderheads. I don't really care if it looks like the movie verison of Aragorn or not!:goodjob:

Besides, I can't even think of a vanilla leaderhead which would even come close to looking like Aragon... If only there where some easy way to change the facial features on civ leaderheads...:hmm:

Very good job - it took me a while to recognize tokugawa :). I'm realy impressed with effect :)

Very good job - it took me a while to recognize tokugawa :). I'm realy impressed with effect :)

Thanks asio! I don't really think it matters if he looks a little bit like Tokugawa anyway because I doubt these two leaders will be side by side in the same mod.

Personally, as long as it's cool and looks as great as your Saruman and Sauron leaderheads. I don't really care if it looks like the movie verison of Aragorn or not!:goodjob:

Besides, I can't even think of a vanilla leaderhead which would even come close to looking like Aragon... If only there where some easy way to change the facial features on civ leaderheads...:hmm:

Yeah I was using Augustus Caesar's (the one from warlords) model as a base so imagine him unshaven with more hair. The only way to change the facial features is with either max or blender but after re-exporting you lose all the shaders, and sometimes the position/rotation of the bones so it looks all messed up in game. I don't think it's worth the trouble.

Thanks asio! I don't really think it matters if he looks a little bit like Tokugawa anyway because I doubt these two leaders will be side by side in the same mod.

Yeah I was using Augustus Caesar's (the one from warlords) model as a base so imagine him unshaven with more hair. The only way to change the facial features is with either max or blender but after re-exporting you lose all the shaders, and sometimes the position/rotation of the bones so it looks all messed up in game. I don't think it's worth the trouble.

Ploper and me have found a way te edit/export and keep all the shader. A tutorial will come when we will find the time.

@C.Roland

Really?! You mean for blender right? :woohoo: This would bring the creation of new leaderheads into a new level! Now we can easily creat more "ethical " leaderheads, such as a female asian leaderhead, or an african prince that's not based off of Shaka or Musa for example. Or get rid of Peter Howell's
asian eyes. This may even allow for the creation of CIV leaderheads to rival the CIII ones on this site.

I don't mean to push anyone or anything, but about when are you planning to post the tutorial? Of course patience is a virtue and all that, but I must admit, I'm almost as excited about this as I am about BtS... :goodjob:

PS Your blender tutorial was what got me into trying to create units in the first place, Thanks!:goodjob:

@C.Roland

Really?! You mean for blender right? :woohoo: This would bring the creation of new leaderheads into a new level! Now we can easily creat more "ethical " leaderheads, such as a female asian leaderhead, or an african prince that's not based off of Shaka or Musa for example. Or get rid of Peter Howell's
asian eyes. This may even allow for the creation of CIV leaderheads to rival the CIII ones on this site.

I don't mean to push anyone or anything, but about when are you planning to post the tutorial? Of course patience is a virtue and all that, but I must admit, I'm almost as excited about this as I am about BtS... :goodjob:

PS Your blender tutorial was what got me into trying to create units in the first place, Thanks!:goodjob:

Ploper and me are very busy so it may take a bit of time. I can't talk for Ploper but I think our tutorial should be avilable sometime in june (near the end, not the first week:D ).

We are using the Saruman LH as Shakushain of the Ainu in CIV Gold 4.0. For this I have made a Saruman button.

Attachments

• Saruman.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 63
Top Bottom