Civ IV: Beyond the Sword Info Center

I don't know if this is new, but i couldn't find this info anywhere in here. I just read a post from a singer who is involved in the making of the new soundtrack for Beyond the Sword , that the mod "Fall from Heaven" will be included in BtS along with a special soundtrack.

I don't know if this is new, but i couldn't find this info anywhere in here. I just read a post from a singer who is involved in the making of the new soundtrack for Beyond the Sword , that the mod "Fall from Heaven" will be included in BtS along with a special soundtrack.

Awesome! For those curious, you can check her out at this site! Notice in her news section she discusses singing for BtS (plus she has a few good things to say about [civ4]).

Thanks Strahlemann! I'm off to hear some of music.

"I am slated to sing on the soundtrack for the Civilization IV expansion pack, "Beyond the Sword" as one of two sopranos in an epic, choral piece for the game's main menu theme. Veteran Civ-series composer Michael Curran will be writing the theme!" - Jillian Goldin

Aparently, it isn't just a song for the scenerio but the Main Menu theme! What a neat honor. :D

These scenarios were said to be included in PC Gamer's article:

* Final Frontier
* Afterworld
* Gods of Old
* Chaos
* Next War
* Charlemagne
* Crossroads of the World
* Broken Star
* Superrobo
* WWII: Road to War
* Fall from Heaven
* Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

And don't thank me, Methos, thank OctopusOverload for posting this list to News Updates.

It seems that Jillians's post on the overclocked forums has been deleted. I hope she's not getting any problems for making these infos public.
Her post was dated from December so it was online for about 5 months.

Hopefully there will be some renaisance wonders, as there's a big gap between the University of Sankore and the pentagon. I just don't want millions more ancient wonders, there are already enough.

Hopefully there will be some renaisance wonders, as there's a big gap between the University of Sankore and the pentagon. I just don't want millions more ancient wonders, there are already enough.

Only Christo Redentor sounds like a wonder that could be arguably built in Renaissance (the others are ancient, although I admit I have little knowledge about Shwedagon Paya).

And you are forgetting Taj Mahal and Statue of Liberty, which both come after the UoS, but before Pentagon.

Btw, according to the articles there are 8 new wonders - this could be included in the info center (it implies now that the 5 listed wonders are all new wonders - we apparently do not know 2 yet, since the sixth wonder is the Apostolic Palace).

And don't thank me, Methos, thank OctopusOverload for posting this list to News Updates.

Thank you both! ;)

Btw, according to the articles there are 8 new wonders - this could be included in the info center (it implies now that the 5 listed wonders are all new wonders - we apparently do not know 2 yet, since the sixth wonder is the Apostolic Palace).

I've noticed this as well. I'm wondering if the two new espionage buildings may be national wonders, or maybe they've created two new national wonders we haven't heard about yet.

This was known but forgotten. I guess every had a sense that FfH is one of the scenario since C.Roland claims he is busy until mid-June. Thank you to point this out. And many thanks to Pixie for her work.

So thats where C.Roland has been all of this time.
I'm assuming that all of the 'borrowed' content from FFH including pics, music etc has been replaced with all new content? Any word on this and/or changes in game mechanics?

There were a few short descriptions on the scenarios in PC Gamer too, translated here:

* Final Frontier: A space scenario where you control a human colony and exapnd your territory in space.

* Afterworld: A squad-based tactical "thriller" where the player fights undead in the X-com style.

* Gods of Old: A scenario focused on religion.

* Chaos: An game of Civilization where you constantly face exciting random events.

* Next War: A futuristic sci-fi scenario with clone armies and more.

* Charlemagne: Conquer Europe during the renaissance.

* Crossroads of the World: A late medieval age scenario where you explore and conquer the crossroads of the world in Africa, the Middle East and Asia.

* Broken Star: Civil war has struck the Soviet Union. Unite the russian bear!

* Superrobo: Be the first civilization to find and collect the parts to a giant mysterious robot that crashed on Earth.

* WWII: Road to War: Atlast! Play as the Allies or Axis in both the Pacific and Europe.

* Fall from Heaven: A popular fantasy mod for Civilization IV, improved for the expansion.

* Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: Another improved and updated favorite among the fan's mods for Civ IV.

Hmm, only three historical scenarios it seems. I was hoping for more, but at least they chose two very good ones, ww2 and charlemagne.. :) What's ment with Crossroads? Is it historical at all?

We were given a good few historical scenarios in the past, I guess you'll just have to be content with them for the moment. But they did say that this expansion would be mostly future based, so I guess they weren't kidding.

There were a few short descriptions on the scenarios in PC Gamer too, translated here:

* Final Frontier: A space scenario where you control a human colony and exapnd your territory in space.

* Afterworld: A squad-based tactical "thriller" where the player fights undead in the X-com style.

* Gods of Old: A scenario focused on religion.

* Chaos: An game of Civilization where you constantly face exciting random events.

* Next War: A futuristic sci-fi scenario with clone armies and more.

* Charlemagne: Conquer Europe during the renaissance.

* Crossroads of the World: A late medieval age scenario where you explore and conquer the crossroads of the world in Africa, the Middle East and Asia.

* Broken Star: Civil war has struck the Soviet Union. Unite the russian bear!

* Superrobo: Be the first civilization to find and collect the parts to a giant mysterious robot that crashed on Earth.

* WWII: Road to War: Atlast! Play as the Allies or Axis in both the Pacific and Europe.

* Fall from Heaven: A popular fantasy mod for Civilization IV, improved for the expansion.

* Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: Another improved and updated favorite among the fan's mods for Civ IV.

Thanks! I'll update as soon as I get home from work! :D

Top Bottom