Star Wars: The Mod - Unit requests

Programs. Right. Well, they are:
FLICster
The Gimp
Learning to use PEdit, not sure if it's for units...
Goldwave, for audio :cool:
Other than that, not much. I wish that I could get this Poser 5 you all keep talking about, but I'm just don't know where to look. :sad: FLICster + Gimp works just fine for my purposes.:mischief:
That's kind'a what I ment about 'don't ask me to do huminoids'.

Well, in order to make units from scratch you need a 3d graphic modeling and animating program. A few free ones are: Bryce, Blender, Milkshape, gmax, and ppmodeler, and the most common, Openfx. I;m sure if you were to google them then you'll find a download page.

Logitech, those programs work well for c'n'p work (i.e. making an existing unit shoot lasers instead of bullets, etc.) but if you want to create a unit from scratch, you need a 3D program. Poser 5 is a very good program, and the developer occasionally offers it for free. But unfortunately, not now. Luckily, there are several free programs available. The best and friendliest is Open FX. It's really easy to learn, and there are several tutorials about doing it in the tutorial section. I gave up on it when I tried my hand at unit making a long time ago, but if I had a little patience I could've easily picked it up (I now use Poser.) Anyway, try it out, and maybe you'll be good at it and be pumping out units soon, :).

Good news, the Snowspeeder is 80% done. I am rendering the Death animations (thank God for that explosion stuff) and I need to get the palettes all sorted out. Expect the release (my final release, maybe forever) later today or sometime tomorrow.

I can't wait the rendering to finish...haha :lol:

Ok, here is the final preview!!! Now I just need help on the palettes, I can never seem to get those right....

The Animations are: Default/Run>figdet/fortify>AttackA>AttackB>Death

which leads me to ask for help on the palette. I tried creating the palette, but every time I get the transparency all screwed up. If someone could help that would be great!! This unit needs to be done by 6/23/07 or it won't be done at all. 6/24 I will pack and spend time with family and 6/25 I leave to Colorado Springs therefore never allowing me to complete it. I'm getting desperate here....

You're welcome, Logitech! And keep trying at OpenFX (I'm trying to learn it, too, along with Bryce. Why be limited to one program, right?) You'll get it in no time.

So, everybody go to Wyrm's lottery and second my request of the TX-130 Tank. We'll win one of these one day!

I decided to maybe have a go at the y-wing if you wouldn't mind.

I was wondering if this was a good size/position:

Spoiler :

Anyone know why the background becomes transparent?

It is 250x250.

I am using poser, I haven't begun any animations yet, its just a still render. I have been put of hte loop for a while...is it the yaw the roll or the pitch that is off, I cant tell...

what about this one:

[/IMG]

Is it the right size, right angle, right location?

Also, the speeder is too large. Size it to other SciFi fighters.

And, the frame is unneccessarily large. A slightly tighter frame works better. it is less of a load on the game as well.

You might want to read the tutorial I wrote on using it to make unit palattes. It assumes photoshop, but can be adapted to other paint programs if you just remember that the have opposite palettes. I have found that most people with palette problems have a workflow problem not a comprehension problem. They do stuff in a way that makes it harder than it should be.

I think you will find that the lasers are too small and too dull to show once you size it correctly. I suggest considerably more ambience in the color. It will sorta make it glow... plus add some highlights with a complementary color and finally around 1.5 times the size of the beams.

something to compare the size of the ship, beams and frame to.

:bump: Sorry to bump this thread but I was wondering how the starwars units such as the Venator and Jedi Interceptor are coming along and if anyone is creating them. Also wondering if any other starwars units are in the making.

Top Bottom