zFormation Editor

Zebra 9

Emperor
Hi all, this is just a simple formation editor that is still in the development stage. It currenlty only allows you to create a formation, and when you save the formation it comes up w/ a window containing the code that needs to be added to the Civ4 Formations XML file.

It should be self explanitory. I'm hoping to get some sort of XML loader in the future so you can edit existing formations.

This now supports Vanilla, Warlords, and BtS formations. Now please notice that this only creates BtS formations, IT DOES NOT ADD THEM TO UNITS.

Spoiler Version Info :
v0.55 Fixed a bug with the Foramtion Type in the BtS mode, made a few tweaks to the interface.

I have reuploaded this due to the hacker (yes I know, I'm slow).

v0.5 Added BtS compatability.

v0.4 This fixes some browser version incompatabilities.

v0.3 Added more functionality

v0.2 Added the ability to create Vanilla Formations. To do this go to the Formation Info tab in the Formation Info window, or go to the edit menu (at the top of the screen and click the option that sayes Use Vanilla (If you are using vanilla it will say Use Warlords).

Requires the Mozilla Firefox Browser.

Download Here

Sweet! Finally!!!

Edit: slight problem...I press CTRL+A and nothing happens

I have discovered another problem...apparently I neglected to mention that I do not posess this aparently popular addition known as the Warlords expansion pack, Therefore the game has notified me that it cannot find any other great general or siege weapon entries in the schema. I deleted these entries and now the game simply crashes with no error message telling me what is wrong, besides the generic "this program has encojuntered an error and needs to close, please tell microsoft about this problem..."

in short: I don't have warlords, and the vanilla game doesn't like what I'm doing to the xml files with this program. Perhaps it will work when I get BTS?

I'll make a vanilla editor version. :thumbsup:

P.S So you know 1.0 and -1.0 are the sides of the plot anything less than 1.0 and anything greater then -1.0 are inside the plot.

I did know that, but there really isn't much room inside those four central squares to move things around. The whole thing should only be +2 to -2 at the most.
That's my two cents anyway.

I'm already using this a lot, btw. Thanks a bunch!

To do that I need to increase the number of squares. Because the formations run on a black that is 2 by 2, so if I reduced square sizes to 0.1 I would need 200 squares across (currently 20). Am I understanding correctly?

So you are saying reduce the number of squares to create a 1.0 to -1.0 square instead of my 1.5 to -1.5 (or what ever it is)?

Uploaded the update that will create Vanilla Formations. It also has several tweaks.

I've been using a formula to turn degrees into the code. Would you like it? It's not part of your Editor, it's just a formula from Excel.

EDIT: There's a bug where sometimes grid references have ...99999999999 or ...000000001 tacked onto the end.

Top Bottom