Final Fantasy 9 World Map

Hooray

Civ3 Cartographer
This is a map of the world of Gaia from the video game Final Fantasy 9. The size is 135x104.

It is a clean map with no starting locations, resources, or goody huts. I didn't see any point in pre-placing them as they would not have corresponded to anything in the actual FF9 world map, except maybe the starting locations. Just open the editor and use the Redistribute Resources/Goody Huts/Starting Locations options to add them randomly.

I realize there are no Sea tiles, but it was necessary to keep the continents more separated from each other.

Attachments

• FF9minimap.PNG
    FF9minimap.PNG
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,188
  • FF9map.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 575
From the thumb, looks like a nice map!

Nice one! :goodjob:

BTW, forgot to thank you for making that other version of my Mediterranean map. So thanks. :D

Yeah, video game maps do tend to have large areas where there is little variety to the terrain. At least this is better than the FF8 map where half the Esthar continent was nothing but flat unbroken plains.

Not bad at all.... So, are the mountains imassable, except for a few passes (hills) such as where North Gate, South Gate, Gizamaluke's Grotto, Conde Petie, etc are?

No rule changes have been implemented. It's still a normal Conquests map. Such a thing could be done for a scenario, though. If it was, I would sure hate to be Burmecia. They'd practically be trapped in that little area.

Wow my favorite video game made into Civ...

If you guys want I'll make the scenario, and techs... but I'll need someone to help with unit graphics, etc.

And Burmecia wouldn't be all that bad off. They'd have Cleyra to annex, Gizamaluke's Grotto (North).

You can use my map to make a scenario if you wish. Personally, I couldn't help with it beyond providing the map. Making maps is my only modding skill.

As for graphics, search for anything made by Hikaro Takayama. He has made a lot of Final Fantasy units and graphics. How many of them are relevant to FF9, I don't know. I know there's at least a Princess Garnet leaderhead out there.

Thing is, I'm not too sure how to do all that... I mean I can figure it out but I'd like to have someone to work with me for ideas and the like for techs

Good Job:goodjob: . The only thing is that i've folowed FF7 mod and the link doesn't work, could you somehow contact magus?

The map looks good, but it says the zip file is invalid or corrupted.

Bumping this in case anyone wants to use it with the Final Fantasy Mod beta. Despite Alaska Jr's post, the zip file seems to be good as far as I can tell. Let me know if there are any problems, though.

Top Bottom