WW II F-4U Chance Vought Corsair

FuzzyWuzzyBunny

Chieftain
F-4U Chance Vought Corsair​
V4

Hello every one! I give you my corsair V4, this is an updated model of my V2 with improvements to the model that have been sugested below. Corsair unit and includes a brand new texture (which I think looks much better than the original). The new texture is a bit of experimentation with a mix of real pictures and my own photoshopping. But the end result is a much sharper looking unit, my old corsair is still available and is included with the file as V1. Hope you guys like the new model.

V4 Screenshot

Updated File with both textures and models

DataBase Link

Very nice! :goodjob: I see you even have team colour, more than I can manage..

Yup, I've never attempted team color so you're one up on me there. ;)

Nice unit. Texturing will come in time.

You have it the easy way then.. what I heard was you had to do a bunch of stuff with alpha channels and all (Which is the eraser bit)
Ah well.. ;)

Yup, I've never attempted team color so you're one up on me there. ;)

Nice unit. Texturing will come in time.

Yeah, I still haven't got texturing down pat after quite a few months I think it has been...

Is there any way to round the wingtips? From a mostly top perpective it is hard to tell the difference from a F6F Hellcat.

Looks very good from many perspectives!

Is there any way to round the wingtips? From a mostly top perpective it is hard to tell the difference from a F6F Hellcat.

Looks very good from many perspectives!

I went back and rounded off the wings, check the original post for new screen and dl. Thanks for the feed back davion :) this is probably my favourite plane of all time and any suggestions to make it look more like the real thing are welcome.

Really looks spectacular!

I looked it over very carefully and the last thing I could see that could improve it is if you moved to cockpit back (just behind the wing).

Don't feel you have to, this is already a wonderful aircraft to have.

Thanks
Davion76

Yeah, I still haven't got texturing down pat after quite a few months I think it has been...
It has been my observation (and partial experience) that modeling is much easier than texturing. Unless, of course, you start getting into the realm of the super-high quality models that you have to bone all the different stuff like different parts of cloths for realistic movement affects, but that starts getting into the realm of animating.

The canopy (hope my pronunciation is correct) seems too wide.
Uh-oh. That sounds like an invite to Wolfshanze if there ever was one. :D

The cockpit is too wide... needs to lay-off the fatty foods.

Would it be possible to restore the link to this unit? I've been looking for a carrier based fighter and think this would be an outstanding addition to the American Civ.
Thanks
Coach

Would it be possible to restore the link to this unit? I've been looking for a carrier based fighter and think this would be an outstanding addition to the American Civ.
Thanks
Coach
There's a Wildcat/Hellcat available.

I have the Corsair lying around here somewhere... :)

Attachments

• F-4U_Chance_Vought_Corsair.zip
    692.3 KB · Views: 111
Top Bottom