Forest MOD

The Navy Seal

Emperor
This MOD COMP add two new buildings LumberYard and Furniture Factory. The Furniture Factory requires the Lumberyard. The Lumberyard increases hammers in your city. And the Furniture Factory increases Gold in your city. Both buildings require a Lubermill inside your citys fat cross. I've always thought that forests didn't have enough uses and weren't important. So I made this MOD that emphasises Forests and makes them more important. :)

Download Here

Credits:
Zebra 9 for Python coding. :high5:
And The Navy Seal for the idea and putting it together. :high5:

Excellent. I´m not programmer but owning to your code (mod) I understood how some new functions in BtS worked.
Please, could you write me how would look like the code if I would like to apply this function the following way:

first improvement - first building //// other improvement - other building ...
((I made number of new improvements and this is good way how more participate from this improvements :)))

Thanks.
HROCHland

Am I right you want it so you need X improvement to build a building Y and you need building Y to build Improvement Z?

I keep in mind:
if is near an town IMPROVEMENT_LAKE is for this town allow to build BUILDING_BATHOUSE
if is near an town IMPROVEMENT_HISTORICAL_DISCOVERY is for this town allow to build BUILDING_MUSEUM
if is near an town IMPROVEMENT_X is for this town allow to build BUILDING_Y

this all in one script. I dont know how write all this possibilities in one script

The Navy Seal, please, can you show me can write code if I want have 3 various improvements and 3 various buildings?
Thanks
HROCHland

I'm pretty sure this will work:
Code:
		bCannotConstruct = True
		if eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_BATH_HOUSE") :
			iX = pCity.getX()
			iY = pCity.getY()
			for iiX in range(iX-1, iX+2, 1):
				for iiY in range(iY-1, iY+2, 1):
					pPlot = CyMap().plot(iiX,iiY)
					if pPlot.getOwner() == pCity.getOwner():
						if pPlot.getImprovementType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("IMPROVEMENT_LAKE"):
							bCannotConstruct = False
			if bCannotConstruct:
				return True

bCannotConstruct = True
		if eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_MUSEUM") :
			iX = pCity.getX()
			iY = pCity.getY()
			for iiX in range(iX-1, iX+2, 1):
				for iiY in range(iY-1, iY+2, 1):
					pPlot = CyMap().plot(iiX,iiY)
					if pPlot.getOwner() == pCity.getOwner():
						if pPlot.getImprovementType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("IMPROVEMENT_HISTORICAL_DISCOVERY"):
							bCannotConstruct = False
			if bCannotConstruct:
				return True

return False
this should work not sure. And if you need more just copy and paste all the nessacary stuff.

Hi, Navy Seal. I have one a little request to you. :) For my new special water improvement I need code what allow build improvement on the water only if is in town concrete building.

(second string (solution) is, if is possible - reduce max number builded specify improvements to 3)

Please, if possible write this for me?

thanks
Hroch

wicked cool.
inspired by imperialism?

If you still have the files for this mod, could you re-upload it?

If you still have the files for this mod, could you re-upload it?
Yes I will upload them as soon as I get some extra time on here right now I'm a bit bogged down.

LittleRedPoint

So do you have an idea of what your going to make once you get the SDK done or are you just going to make a more advanced Forest MOD? :thumbsup:

I just downloaded and unzipped this. Looks like it should work for vanilla. I'm thinking this will be a great addition to the game as well as great potential for doing something I have wanted for awhile now - that is creating cities that are totally different from each other.

I don't know if y'all run into this but I always start out with the intention of having some cities as centers of science, some as culture and some as high production. The trouble is of course the dependency of science on production (library, university, observatory) and even on culture (I was pretty amazed to note a monastery gives 10% science bonus). Money is dependent on agriculture and the list goes on. Please understand I'm not attempting to trash the game and say that Civ is uninteresting. It was very fun for a long time but now I want something different and that I think it what everyone on these modding boards are after.

Anyway, thanks for the mod!

Actually the MOD is for BtS so it wont work for Vanilla. That's the great thing about civ if you don't like how something works and can tweak it to perfection!

Oh I see it has a new CvGameUtils.py Also the PythonCallBackDefines.xml is a new animal to me.

Well I guess I will have to break down and install my copy of BtS that has been gathering dust for awhile. I looked at the CvGameUtils.py and pretty sure I can't determine which changed part is for BtS and which for the Forest Mod. Actually my reluctance is to install BtS is that I've got so many changes to vanilla that I hate to lose or have to redo.

Top Bottom