InteriMod Pre-Phase One

doronron

King
In an effort to create a more rich experience in BtS, several other community members developed some fantastic components for players. This is a composite of those components into a single group. I do not consider this as a full mod, but a merge that needs more work.

InteriMod is:

• Solver's August 16, 2007 Unofficial Patch
  • Solver's August 8, 2007 SolversEvents
  • Solver's Military Academy Bugfix
  • Avain's Keymod 1.12 (which itself is a compilation of GeoModder's Ethnic Artstyles 1.02, White Rabbit's Ethnically Diverse Units 3.0, and dozens of individual units available on the site)
  • Willowmound's ActualQuotes for BtS
  • Gaius Octavius' Civ Specific Great People for BtS (including the fix to remove redundant Great People entries in the Civilopedia)

Note that this is just a foundation for a more involved project I am pulling together for Beyond the Sword. Phase One will largely be flavor changes and bugfixes -- adding additional civ specific graphics to the mod, either through Avain's work or my own. Phase Two will include some gameplay alterations as the sources become available. Work beyond that will be experimental on concepts and design.

Follow This Link.

To install:

Clear your cache
Navigate to your Beyond the Sword directory under Documents and Settings\[User Name]\My Documents\My Games\
Edit your CivilizationIV.ini file -- Look for the entry on Modular XML and change the 0 to a 1.
Unzip InteriMod.zip into your Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods directory.
You should be able to load the mod from within the game.

Great work! :)

Quick question, will there be any issues if I've already separately installed Solver's unofficial patch?

Let me take a look at it, gnome.

Yeah, I was looking at that.

One thing that bothers me a bit... the macemen have their names changed to "Heavy Footmen". A bit strange but nothing big. Do you have an idea which mod component and thus which file changes the name? I prefer the "Maceman" name instead.

If I were to incorporate anything from the link, it would likely be just the formations. Even then, I'm not so sure -- there are concerns with how this would handle on lower end Civ4 rigs. Phase One is nothing but a flavor overhaul and bug fixes. I've already got a plan and components together for later phases.

If I were to incorporate anything from the link, it would likely be just the formations. Even then, I'm not so sure -- there are concerns with how this would handle on lower end Civ4 rigs. Phase One is nothing but a flavor overhaul and bug fixes. I've already got a plan and components together for later phases.

Thanks for looking :) Switching off multiple units in the options might alleviate that problem... but if they could otherwise get three, I can see how that would turn some people off to the mod.

Looking forward to whatever comes next.

One question... pardon my ignorance but how is it that these unit graphic mods only add up to about 80MB or so? There are so many different units with different graphics!

The actual unit files are pretty small.

@ gnome: I should be doing more XML this weekend and updating the file to the current keymod (plus some). Maybe I'll give formations a shot, too, just to see.

The actual unit files are pretty small.

@ gnome: I should be doing more XML this weekend and updating the file to the current keymod (plus some). Maybe I'll give formations a shot, too, just to see.

One more thing, do you know how to incorporate the >18 Civ mod component?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=233848

Well, I'm pretty sure you do know how, so I guess what I mean to ask is, "so, can you tell me how?" :)

It's an SDK merge. You'll need to combine Solver's patched source code with the altered CvDefines source for 34 man games. Then recompile. I can probably include an option DLL when I put out the update for this (Solver's Random Events and Keymod 1.2...possibly more modern stuff.)

At the moment, I am not running v3.03 -- but it is my understanding that it shouldn't be an issue. v3.03 seems to break stuff, anyway.

Yeah, I was looking at that.

One thing that bothers me a bit... the macemen have their names changed to "Heavy Footmen". A bit strange but nothing big. Do you have an idea which mod component and thus which file changes the name? I prefer the "Maceman" name instead.
That's a part of Keymod, and can be canceled by removing the CIV4GameText_Objects_BTS.xml from the ..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\keymod\Assets\XML\Text folder (or same path with my mod if your using it)

Dron, do you know if Keymod or Ethnic Artstyles lengthens computing time in between turns? It seems my turns are about 30%-50% longer, which is noticeable starting around the early industrial era, turns waiting time goes to 4-7 seconds each, I used to just fly by the industrial era without a sweat with no mods.

Just asking.... I can't play without the Graphics mods. :D

Thanks, Zulu -- the next version will be out ASAP -- updated with Solver's and avain's new stuff.

Underdawg - I haven't seen any noticable slowdown in later eras with this, but I'll take a look into it. I'm not really surprised, though -- avain's code adds a significant amount of new XML, and Gaius Octavius' stuff increases the Civunits XML file by a third to take into account 204 civ specific great people types. I'm not skilled with C++, but I imagine some of the additional AI changes made in Solver's unofficial patch certainly add up a bit with all the AI units running around.

At the moment, I am currently dealing with some real life stuff, so I will be a few weeks before releasing anything -- possibly even not posting during that time frame.

Thanks, Zulu -- the next version will be out ASAP -- updated with Solver's and avain's new stuff.

Underdawg - I haven't seen any noticable slowdown in later eras with this, but I'll take a look into it. I'm not really surprised, though -- avain's code adds a significant amount of new XML, and Gaius Octavius' stuff increases the Civunits XML file by a third to take into account 204 civ specific great people types. I'm not skilled with C++, but I imagine some of the additional AI changes made in Solver's unofficial patch certainly add up a bit with all the AI units running around.

At the moment, I am currently dealing with some real life stuff, so I will be a few weeks before releasing anything -- possibly even not posting during that time frame.

Alrighty.

Actually I think it was just a problem of perception on my part... the times between turns are almost the same (if there is any difference, its not noticeable). I think it was because of the 40 civ mod I incorporated, once I took that out, the turns became normal again.

Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom